THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+10
zand
sanguine
j
Sharon
mo1905
JohnWilson
Eddie
Paul1976
Bode
Andy12345
14 posters

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 6 Empty Re: Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

Post by zand Fri Feb 06 2015, 19:03

Oh yes I am! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 6 Empty Re: Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 06 2015, 19:39

zand wrote:Oh yes I am!  Smile

Hope you have a brilliant day ...... may need some warming soup after - may I recommend Mushroom with a splash of double cream delicious ?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Feb 07 2015, 18:09

Sad   Sad   Sad

Not the result Zand or my dad wanted Exclamation

A good pick me up cup of tea - or something stronger may be needed?

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Feb 07 2015, 21:01

Jan1 wrote:Sad   Sad   Sad

Not the result Zand or my dad wanted Exclamation

A good pick me up cup of tea - or something stronger may be needed?

All the best Jan

Zand is now sulking. Sad That was a nightmare. affraid
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 25 2015, 22:39

OMG I just can't believe tonight's result Arsenal v Monaco - it's a mistake surely ?

My Dad, and Zand, need a strong drink or something to recover from this shock ...... will a cup of tea suffice?

Commiserations

Jan  (  PS Thought I'd better not say All the best ....... )
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Feb 26 2015, 07:56

Yes thanks Jan, the cup of tea was wonderful.

We went to my son's house to watch the match but left at 2-0! I was fine - it's at times like that I remind myself I am really a Leeds supporter. Wink My husband and son aren't happy - they are going to the 2nd leg in Monaco.

Thanks for your commiserations, they helped Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 21:57

Yay!!!!!!! Well I didn't go because my back and neck are still hurting from Loftus road last week....but hey result!!!!!!! Wembley here we come for the semis

Say 'Yay' from me to your Dad Jan Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 22:12

zand wrote:Yay!!!!!!! Well I didn't go because my back and neck are still hurting from Loftus road last week....but hey result!!!!!!!  Wembley here we come for the semis

Say 'Yay' from me  to your Dad Jan Smile

Certainly will Zand ....... we live quite near some Arsenal fans (they were having a 'footie' night)  and we know they were also pleased - you could hear the yells as Arsenal scored!

Great game for Arsenal  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 18 2015, 00:09

Arsenal battled to a 2-0 win at Monaco but the victory was not enough to keep them in the Champions League. (Agg: 3-3; Monaco win on away goals)

Not the overall result Arsenal fans wanted - my dear dad being one of them Sad

Lots of cheering cuppa's required  ...... possibly something a little stronger.

Not too sure how Zand is feeling Question

Jan

flower
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Mar 18 2015, 08:23

Jan1 wrote:Arsenal battled to a 2-0 win at Monaco but the victory was not enough to keep them in the Champions League. (Agg: 3-3; Monaco win on away goals)

Jan

flower

I am happy that Arsenal played so well. They always do this though, they let themselves down first leg making it almost impossible to go through, then they almost achieve the impossible, but not quite.

My husband and son were happy to be there. They said it was nothing like the awful sick feeling they had in Munich when it happened before. I was happy not to be there.

I am also happy that we will now not waste money on any more Champions League matches this season! A cup of tea was all I needed. And a fasting BG of 5.2 this morning too Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 18 2015, 18:38

zand wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Arsenal battled to a 2-0 win at Monaco but the victory was not enough to keep them in the Champions League. (Agg: 3-3; Monaco win on away goals)

Jan

flower

I am happy that Arsenal played so well.  They always do this though, they let themselves down first leg making it almost impossible to go through, then they almost achieve the impossible, but not quite.  

My husband and son were happy to be there. They said it was nothing like the awful sick feeling they had in Munich when it happened before.   I was happy not to be there.

I am also happy that we will now not waste money on any more Champions League matches this season!  A cup of tea was all I needed.  And a fasting BG of 5.2 this morning too Smile

Well as you know I love a cup of tea.

Glad you're not sounding too down about the result.

Hey what a good fasting BG number this morning sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jun 29 2015, 14:04

Isn't it nice to see the England Womens Football Team doing well - have you been following their success?

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 6 Mark-sampson-englands-women-football_3319787

England boss Mark Sampson has challenged his players to make history as they close in on Women's World Cup glory.

Sampson will send his side into the semi-final clash with reigning champions Japan in Edmonton on Wednesday with the biggest prize of all tantalisingly close.

He admits they face two intensely difficult tests if they are to get past the 2011 winners and then beat either the United States or Germany in the final, but he is confident they can have a major say in the trophy's ultimate destination.

Sampson told Sky Sports News: "Well look, we are still in there fighting. There are a lot of teams that have gone home.

"There are only four left - three of the best teams in the world and England - so we are in a place where we have only got to win two matches to make history and create a real special moment in England football's history and a special moment for this team.

"That's the mission: two wins, and when you put it like that, it doesn't seem much. But it's two wins against potentially two great opponents.

"But the team has been great up to this point. They will really be ready to go for Wednesday, they will be really fired up, really focused, really concentrated.

"We are feeling a huge wave of support from back home, which is giving the players that extra motivation, that extra sense of pride and passion, and it's making them wake up with an extra spring in their step, so we are going to keep embracing that support.

"We really hope the people can stay with us, stay connected with this team, get behind us again and let's get ourselves through to a final."

England booked their place in the last four with a tense 2-1 victory over hosts Canada, but they did so with first-choice keeper Karen Bardsley back in the dressing room after she suffered an allergic reaction which caused a swelling underneath her right eye.

Substitute Siobhan Chamberlain took over and played the final 38 minutes, but Sampson revealed Bardsley is expected to return to training on Tuesday and to be available for selection for the semi-final.

He said: "KB is in a much better place today. The swelling has gone down a lot. Obviously, we have sent some tests to go back to the UK to find out exactly what happened, but I think it was just a one-off event.

"She was obviously allergic to something that happened yesterday and the eye has puffed up a little bit, but it's clearly far better now, so we are confident she will be in a great place to train tomorrow and get back with the team."

Story taken from here

http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/football/news/article/22882/9898122/england-boss-mark-sampson-has-challenged-his-players-to-make-history-as-they-close-in-on-women-s-world-cup-glory

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jul 02 2015, 10:38

Well sorry to say that England Women went out of the World Cup in desperately unlucky fashion as Laura Bassett's stoppage-time own goal gave Japan a 2-1 win...

But I'm still clapping and cheering the England Women - they did do well to get to the semi's - so please keep positive Smile  

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Jul 02 2015, 10:45

Yes Jan they did do well, it was a horrid way to go out of the competition.

Not long till the new footie season starts now Very Happy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Jul 02 2015, 11:33

@Jan1 Here's the story I mentioned on the music thread.

My son is working away from home this week (2 hours drive away) so he is staying in a hotel there. I deal with the family's paperwork and I made an unforgivable error in that I misread the deadline date for our football membership renewals. affraid Arsenal extended the date till today, but we only found that out yesterday evening. Hence the 2x2 hour dashes to get my son to sign his 2 forms. Embarassed banghead
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jul 03 2015, 18:47

zand wrote:@Jan1 Here's the story I mentioned on the music thread.  

My son is working away from home this week (2 hours drive away) so he is staying in a hotel there.  I deal with the family's paperwork and I made an unforgivable error in that I misread the deadline date for our football membership renewals.   affraid  Arsenal extended the date till today, but we only found that out yesterday evening.  Hence the 2x2 hour dashes to get my son to sign his 2 forms.   Embarassed banghead

Now that could almost be as serious as not remembering to renew a certain some-ones fishing club renewal affraid

Thankfully it was renewed in good time Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jul 05 2015, 11:05

The look of sheer joy - well done !

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 6 England-celeb-v-germany-world-cup-third-place-play-off_3321788

Fara Williams scored an extra-time penalty as England defeated Germany 1-0 in Edmonton to win the third place play-off at the Women’s World Cup.

What a very good tournament the women's team has had ... let's hope the momentum women's football is currently experiencing continues.

Story / picture from here

http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/football/match/report/9903858/england-beat-germany-1-0-to-finish-third-at-women-s-world-cup

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Aug 03 2015, 14:01

Did You Know That ...

"A team of 115 athletes from across England, Scotland and Wales will be representing Great Britain at the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles which started on Saturday.

They will join in the region of 7,000 athletes from 177 countries - along with 3,000 coaches, 30,000 volunteers and an anticipated 500,000 spectators who will be part of the event which runs until 2 August.

The event for athletes with intellectual disabilities will be the largest sports and humanitarian event anywhere in the world in 2015 and is also the single biggest event in Los Angeles since the 1984 Olympics.

Special Olympics GB chief executive Karen Wallin said: "I am delighted that we are able to take such a large team to represent the country at what should be an incredible World Summer Games in Los Angeles.

"This should be a World Games to remember. We will be proud of every athlete and we know they will strive to be the very best they can. We will bring home medals but most importantly our athletes will obtain memories, friendships and experiences to last a lifetime."

See more here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/33650781

Stop Press ... And the GB team has just won Gold !

Well Done cheers

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Aug 30 2015, 17:06

Well yesterday's 1-0 win over Newcastle was exactly what we needed to make the long journey home seem shorter. Smile
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Aug 30 2015, 17:22

And mercurial West Ham won 3-0 at Liverpool  Shocked - last time they won there Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters scored and the Beatles' 'She Loves You' was at No.1.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Aug 30 2015, 17:55

sanguine wrote:And mercurial West Ham won 3-0 at Liverpool  Shocked - last time they won there Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters scored and the Beatles' 'She Loves You' was at No.1.

lol There were a lot of happy Hammers fans at the motorway services last night! We had a giggle listening to the radio too. Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 12 2015, 14:38

Yay @Mrs Vimes that's a very good 3 points today!  Smile  Well done Everton.  Smile
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Tue Sep 15 2015, 18:47

And a home win for WHU against Newcastle Very Happy - now virtually 25% of the way to safety (Hammers joke).
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 30 2015, 10:49

Oh Dear ... not good results from yesterdays European Football, with both Arsenal and Chelsea losing.

My Dad was a little dis-appointed with the Arsenal result! Sad

He says he will cheer himself up later with a good walk in the Autumn sunshine ... and he's 90 !

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Nov 18 2015, 11:58

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 6 _86741154_englandfranceflagepa

Well I'm not the world number one football fan .. but even I sat and watched part of the opening of last nights match England v France.
    I'm so pleased we went ahead and held it.

Have any of you seen this video?
    Do watch what this little boy says as he tries to comprehend the events in Paris over the weekend

https://www.facebook.com/jrous92/videos/10156190732035487/

Jan
    flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 05:05