THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Featured food of the week Scallops

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Featured food of the week Scallops Empty Featured food of the week Scallops

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 22 2014, 18:22

Featured food of the week Scallops Baked-scallops-1

Another great food idea and photograph from the mega Simply Recipes sitehttp://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/baked_scallops/

Featured food of the week Scallops 2882158_81158dc2

Mudeford Quay Dorset

Featured food of the week Scallops King+scallops

King scallops

I usually keep to food ideas that everyone can afford, let's face it we could all low carb eating fillet steak, lobsters and caviar etc. Every now and again we push the boat out, and scoff King Scallops we get from a great fresh fish shop at Mudeford Quay in Dorset. King scallops are very expensive, but if I could afford it I would live on them. We used to live a few miles away on the South Coast and spent many happy hours on the Quay.The kids used to like catching little crabs with bits of bacon on the end of a little hand held line set up, all put back in the sea alive at the end of the session.

The way I cook 'em, the scallops, not the kids, is in a hot frying pan with a little butter. When they are just starting to lightly brown, get 'em out quick, over cook them and they are ruined. Serve on a bed of double creamed wilted spinach. Low carb tough, not for me and Jan. Just don't ask me to do the washing up, groan !

Kind regards Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Featured food of the week Scallops Empty Re: Featured food of the week Scallops

Post by Paul1976 Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:06

They look handsome!  Very Happy Gotta agree-they're pricey but as a treat-totally worth it!
    As you say-show 'em the pan otherwise you'll end up with a rubber eraser! I used to eat them served with Black pudding-very nice but black pudding is a wee bit too carby for me these days so if I'm really treating myself and my wife I'll have them with a nice fat marbled steak as a 'Surf 'n' Turf' or sometimes a few on their own cooked in butter and served with a big wedge of lemon to squeeze over them is a nice starter. Smile

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 20 2019, 18:38

Can you believe it was August 2014 the featured food of the day was scallops (see posts above)  ... and since then some of the images etc. have disappeared, but never mind  Sad

Below I share a very nice recipe, which because scallops can be expensive may perhaps be enjoyed as a treat.

Scallops Pan-Seared With Cauliflower : Low Carb : Keto

Featured food of the week Scallops Scallopswithcauliflower

Ingredients
    Serves Four
    3 tbsp. olive oil
    1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
    1 lb. fresh sea scallops
    2 tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee
    1 green onion, chopped
    1/2 cup white wine
    Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    8 fresh basil leaves, minced
    Nutritional Details
    Per Serving : Protein 24g  Carbs 10g  Fat 17g
    Need help with weight measurement conversion
    this may help:-
    https://startcooking.com/measurement-and-conversion-charts
    Instructions
    can be seen here:-
    https://paleoleap.com/pan-seared-scallops-cauliflower/

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 03:13