THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+10
mo1905
RANDBURG
Indy51
Sarah
Eddie
Paul1976
Andy12345
Avocado Sevenfold
Mud Island Dweller
Mrs Vimes
14 posters

Low carb Christmas food ideas

chris c
    chris c

Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: Low carb Christmas food ideas

Post by chris c Fri Dec 16 2016, 18:32

Some great stuff here!

My Christmas dinner - I'm practising already - a pheasant roasted wrapped in bacon, half an armful of sprouts and a handful of chestnuts and a giant mushroom lightly fried in EVOO. Plus a couple of glasses of Chilean Carmenere or similar inexpensive but good red wine.

Not many carbs in that so later I shall have some Christmas pud covered in clotted cream, ground flaxseed and brandy. And a square or two of 85% chocolate.

Absolutely no humbugs though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:53

A Colourful Christmas Salad

Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Compressed_Colourful-Christmas-salad-

Ingredients:
    Serves 10
    6 clementines, peeled
    3 avocados, halved and de-stoned
    112.5g watercress, washed
    120g smoked salmon, torn into pieces
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 tbsp olive oil, for drizzling

Method:
    1. Slice each clementine horizontally into thirds. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from each avocado half and slice evenly.
    2. Toss the clementines and avocado with the watercress and scatter on a plate.
    3. Top with the salmon.
    4. Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, and sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper.

Each serving provides:
    3.6g carbohydrate 0.5g fibre 4.3g protein 10.1g fat

Great for a large or smaller Christmas occasion - just amend ingredients as necessary

All the best Jan
    rendeer  santa  rendeer
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 24 2016, 13:58

Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Choc-log

This is a very nice low carb chocolate log, with added blueberries. Could be perfect for Christmas / New Year dessert.

Ingredients:
    1 cup Almond flour
    3 Eggs
    50g Butter
    ¼ cup Psyllium husk
    ½ cup Coconut cream
    ¼ cup Cocoa
    1 tbsp Natvia (or sweetener of your choice)
    1 tbsp Vanilla essence

Filling:
    250g cream cheese
    50g Butter - melted
    1 tbsp Natvia
    1 tbsp Vanilla essence
    ½ cup blueberries or sliced strawberries

Instructions:
    Combine almond flour, psyllium husks, cocoa, and natvia. Add melted butter, beaten eggs and coconut cream. Mix well. Lay a lamington (baking) tray (30x20cm) with oiled/ greased greaseproof paper. Press mixture onto paper and bake at 180 c for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. While still warm lift paper/cake out of tray and lay on a clean tea towel, paper side on the tea towel.

Roll gently and leave to cool completely. Mix filling ingredients. When the roll is cool, very gently unroll. Spread filling on cake and spread with blueberries/strawberries. Gently roll again pressing the paper as you do.

Serves 10.
    Carbs per serving 2.9

Thanks to Julia for this recipe idea here
    http://www.jmcphee.com/2015/04/19/low-carb-chocolate-log/

Happy Christmas santa
    Happy Holidays rendeer

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:41

Jan1 wrote:The Best Low Carb Christmas Pudding Ever …. Well probably !

No I don’t drink 'Carlsberg' but I guess the play on words is quite similar ? However, I do think that for YOU out there who are following a low carb high fat lifestyle this Christmas Pudding recipe is one to be recommended. Of course each to our own, but isn’t choice an amazing thing !

The slightly worrying aspect of posting this is -  I’ve just realised that Christmas Day is just under six weeks away - I don’t know where the year has gone, but it‘s certainly flown by.

I pity Father Christmas and his Elves who are so busy getting everything ready …….. well so my grandchildren tell me.  
    Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sherv.net%2Fcm%2Femo%2Fchristmas%2Fsanta-in-fireplace-smiley-emoticon

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Pudding.

Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Xmas+pud

Ingredients:
    100 grams ground almond flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 large eggs
    1 tablespoon of melted butter
    2 tablespoons of double cream
    100 grams of lowcarb thawed frozen fruits. Blueberries, blackcurrants and strawberries.
    60 grams of 90-95% cocoa dark chocolate
    Two tea spoons of cocoa powder
    One large shot of brandy
    A handful of almond flakes and broken walnuts Extra thick cream

Method:

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
    Melt the butter, use a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, and fruit. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Pour into a medium size Pyrex mixing bowl. Microwave in a 700watt for 5 minutes. Turn out upside-down onto five layers of kitchen paper on a flat plate. Zap in micro-wave for a further two minutes. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl standing in a saucepan of boiling water. Pour over pudding and serve with a scoop of extra thick cream. Serves four

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Pudding more ideas coming soon.

All the best Jan

First posted this in 2014 !!!
    It's still a good low carb Christmas Pudding santa

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Nov 16 2017, 00:04

Christmas comes but once a year

and so do I

(old person lament)

I don't worry too much about blowing my BG with a bought Christmas pud, preferably diluted with some blueberries, ground flaxseed, clotted cream and brandy, and a walk afterwards. The alternative involves buying a load of stuff I will then have to find ways of using up. Likewise I often drop into friend's shop for a mince pie, it's the only one I will eat all year. I do notice though how cloyingly sweet such indulgencies are compared to when I used to eat them regularly.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 16 2017, 23:35

Jan1 wrote:Looking back at this thread, there are some very nice recipe ideas ... and let's not forget this one from Andy:

Mince Pies , do use this link to have a look
    https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t717-finally-perfected-mince-pies?highlight=andy+mince+pies

You may also want to have a look at these ones:
    Low carb Christmas food ideas - Page 3 Rsz_mince_pies-300x199

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/12/01/low-carb-christmas-mince-pies/

All the best Jan
    santa

Talking about mince pies!
    I remembered this  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 22 2018, 13:38

santa  rendeer  santa  rendeer  sunny  santa  rendeer  santa  rendeer  

Thought I'd bump this thread up !!!

Well it is Christmas … (nearly)

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 14 2019, 20:05

Yes, I know Christmas is still a few weeks away, but if you are looking for some Party or Christmas Food ideas - as well as scrolling through this thread - you could also have a look at Libby's suggestions rendeer

Find them at Ditch The Carbs site here
    https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/top-10-easy-low-carb-party-food/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ditchthecarbs%2Fpkck+%28Ditch+The+Carbs%29

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 20 2019, 18:53

As well as the recipes on this thread, you can find some more on this post at Diet Doctor site

Happy low-carb and keto holidays!

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/happy-holidays

All the best Jan
    santa rendeer santa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 10:44