THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+10
zand
sanguine
j
Sharon
mo1905
JohnWilson
Eddie
Paul1976
Bode
Andy12345
14 posters

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 5 Empty Re: Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

Post by mo1905 Thu Dec 11 2014, 10:59

Glad you all got home safely:-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone - Page 5 Empty Re: Football - Good for Diabetics, Low Carbers, Everyone

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 12 2014, 11:41

Weekend coming up again - honestly the weeks seem to whizz by  Smile .

I noticed that this weekend Arsenal are playing Newcastle - but next weekend they play Liverpool, my dads looking forward to it.

Tomorrow the weather forecast looks good so should help. It's not football but I may just get a good walk .........

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 12 2014, 14:37

Just seen this on the news ..... and in mail on-line

The Duke of Cambridge has described the First World War Christmas Day Truce when gunfire gave way to gifts and football as a "message of hope and humanity", as a memorial to the event was unveiled.

William spoke during a dedication ceremony for the monument, which marks the moment opposing soldiers on the Western Front stopped fighting and played games of football.

Schoolboy Spencer Turner's design for the monument was chosen by the Duke and England forward Theo Walcott as the winning entry following a national competition among schools.

The memorial depicts the hands of an English and German soldier clasped in friendship inside a steel representation of a football.

William told guests invited to the dedication ceremony at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire: "We all grew up with the story of soldiers from both sides putting down their arms to meet in no man's land on Christmas Day 1914 - when gunfire remarkably gave way to gifts.

"It remains wholly relevant today as a message of hope and humanity, even in the bleakest of times.

"Football, then as now, had the power to bring people together and break down barriers."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2870996/Tribute-Christmas-truce-soldiers.html#ixzz3Lh6b9TjS

I thought Schoolboy Spencer's design was very good - he's only 10 yrs old I believe.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 13 2014, 20:30

Arsenal won 4 - 1 tonight,  my dear dad is over the moon Very Happy  sunny

......and I bet Zand's pleased too.

Celebratory cuppa anyone - or something stronger if preferred  lol!

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Dec 13 2014, 20:34

Oh Yes Jan, Zand is very pleased indeed! Two 4-1 wins a row. Let's hope it continues! Smile

I'm going to bed now 'cos I've had a nasty cold (which my husband kindly gave to me) and now have a chest infection

Good night!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Dec 14 2014, 16:01

zand wrote:Oh Yes Jan, Zand is very pleased indeed!  Two 4-1 wins a row.  Let's hope it continues!  Smile

I'm going to bed now 'cos I've had a nasty cold (which my husband kindly gave to me) and now have a chest infection

Good night!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Zand Smile

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Dec 14 2014, 16:39

Yes @Jan1 I am a bit better today thank you. I have managed to do a little work today. Nowhere near enough but at least it's something. Smile Still coughing like crazy though Rolling Eyes
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Dec 21 2014, 18:13

Well I didn't go to Anfield today because I still have a bad cough and my Aunt was rushed into hospital yesterday so I thought it would be best if I stayed around in case I was needed. I'm rather glad I didn't go, my family will be upset with conceding a goal right at the end. I always seem to be ill for that fixture, I've only been there once. Sad I hope the person who bought my ticket enjoyed the game. Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 23 2014, 20:13

zand wrote:Well I didn't go to Anfield today because I still have a bad cough and my Aunt was rushed into hospital yesterday so I thought it would be best if I stayed around in case I was needed.  I'm rather glad I didn't go, my family will be upset with conceding a goal right at the end.  I always seem to be ill for that fixture, I've only been there once. Sad   I hope the person who bought my ticket enjoyed the game. Smile

Having been away for a few days have only just read your post Zand. Do hope your Aunt is ok. My dad is still not too well and will be in respite care over the Christmas and New Year period. It will cheer him up if Arsenal have a good run with some of their matches, but alas I'm not too sure when they are playing.

Hope your cough is a lot better.

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Dec 23 2014, 21:05

Yes Jan, I brought my Aunt home from hospital today.  She had a UTI and also her blood pressure tablets and heart medication have been reduced.  

Arsenal are playing QPR at home on Boxing Day, West Ham away on the 28th and Southampton away on Jan 1st - I think, that's from memory because I'm too lazy to look it up. I'm sorry your Dad is still poorly.

My cough is a little better thanks,  but with me they always hang on for ages.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Dec 28 2014, 12:50

Good luck to Arsenal this afternoon as they play West Ham away .... hope I've got that right ?

I've not got anything against West Ham but as my dear Dad and Zand both support Arsenal - I'm more on their side lol!

If you're out anywhere watching a match - please dress warmly  santa

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Dec 28 2014, 20:27

Another decent result for Arsenal, my team Chelsea, not so much !
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Dec 29 2014, 16:28

Thanks @Jan1 it was a good win for Arsenal at West Ham yesterday. I'm hoping for another one at Southampton on 1st Jan too.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Mon Dec 29 2014, 16:42

Oh God not here as well! banghead

(West Ham supporter).
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Dec 29 2014, 18:18

Oh @sanguine if I'd known you were going to read this thread too I would have added a little song here as well! (Oh btw, how Alex Song was man of the match for West Ham I don't know - Adrián was by far their best player)

sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Mon Dec 29 2014, 21:04

Lol no problem Zand - and yes, Adrian kept the scoreline in reasonable limits!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 19 2015, 10:18

Well my dad was pleased with the Arsenal result yesterday 2 - 0 he almost gave a jig with delight .....actually he enjoyed another cup of tea Smile

Must have been cold for people watching though - a bit chilly this time of year.

Did you watch any sport over the weekend ? Hope you enjoyed it.

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Jan 19 2015, 13:01

Jan1 wrote:Well my dad was pleased with the Arsenal result yesterday 2 - 0 he almost gave a jig with delight .....actually he enjoyed another cup of tea Smile

Must have been cold for people watching though - a bit chilly this time of year.

All the best Jan

It was an amazing result yesterday! I'm glad your Dad was pleased Jan. Smile It was very cold watching it, but it didn't matter because it was one of the best games we have ever been to. Very Happy The journey home always seems a lot shorter when Arsenal come away with 3 points. Very Happy bounce
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 19 2015, 17:37

zand wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Well my dad was pleased with the Arsenal result yesterday 2 - 0 he almost gave a jig with delight .....actually he enjoyed another cup of tea Smile

All the best Jan

It was an amazing result yesterday!  I'm glad your Dad was pleased Jan.  Smile It was very cold watching it, but it didn't matter because it was one of the best games we have ever been to. Very Happy The journey home always seems a lot shorter when Arsenal come away with 3 points.  Very Happy  bounce

Thanks Zand - funny how journey's home sometimes can feel so much shorter Smile

Here's to the next match.

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Feb 06 2015, 17:49

I have been trying to post this parody on the football thread at the other place for half an hour.  I hope you guys don't mind me posting it here instead.  I am getting the distinct feeling that I'm not wanted over there.   It's mostly relevant for any Crystal Palace or Arsenal fans.

zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Feb 06 2015, 18:00

And ahead of tomorrow's game......here's a chant that my son and his friend made up on a night out in Newcastle.......then they heard the Arsenal fans singing it on TV last season.

It's going to be a tough game tomorrow.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 06 2015, 18:43

"It's going to be a tough game tomorrow"

Sorry had to check and see who Arsenal were playing Embarassed .......it's Spurs Shocked

The good old London Derby I think this is called?

Hope it's a good match - and for Zand and my Dad hope Arsenal win !

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Feb 06 2015, 18:52

Jan1 wrote:"It's going to be a tough game tomorrow"

Sorry had to check and see who Arsenal were playing Embarassed .......it's Spurs Shocked

The good old London Derby I think this is called?

Hope it's a good match - and for Zand and my Dad hope Arsenal win !

All the best Jan

I'm getting nervous already affraid
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Feb 06 2015, 18:58

As Andy has just pointed out......this team is my first love, but I don't get to see them play.

Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 06 2015, 19:01

Ah Ah I did wonder Zand  ........ Now I know Smile

Are you going to the Arsenal match tomorrow, or is that a silly question?

Jan flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 14:30