THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+14
zand
Thundercat
Dillinger
Avocado Sevenfold
Scandichic
Indy51
sanguine
graham64
xyzzy
Xyz
Andy12345
mo1905
Paul1976
Eddie
18 posters

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best !

Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best ! - Page 5 Empty Re: Bonkers Back to his Barking Best !

Post by Dillinger Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:17

Is Duggie the poster whose (self reported) death from cancer been imminent for what seems like years and years? Who likes to use lots of 'LOLs' and calls people 'sweety'?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best ! - Page 5 Empty Re: Bonkers Back to his Barking Best !

Post by Paul1976 Wed Apr 15 2015, 15:49

Dillinger wrote:Is Duggie the poster whose (self reported) death from cancer been imminent for what seems like years and years? Who likes to use lots of 'LOLs' and calls people 'sweety'?

Hi Al!

The guy you're thinking of is called 'Kman',Douglas99 aka Duggie's the guy that slates low carb and natural fats,sometimes reporting eating a carb intake of around 250 grams a day and holding non diabetic numbers,another guy trying to wind folks up for sure!

Cheers

Paul
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:41

Sid Bonkers started a thread today re. a very bad bruise after a blood test at the flog. The all knowing Cherub commented "Sounds like the phlebotomist hit a blood vessel." who would have thought the taking of blood required placing a needle into a err...a blood vessel. I have learnt so much from the flog mods.facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/bruising-after-blood-test.75979/

catherinecherub
    Sounds like the phlebotomist hit a blood vessel.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:49

LOL!! Who knew eh? lol! She'll be telling us next to be careful of Omelettes as they may contain eggs!!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:54

"Before eating an egg, always consult your medical professionals" Noblehead
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 23 2015, 16:10

Loose Cannon wrote:Sid Bonkers started a thread today re. a very bad bruise after a blood test at the flog. The all knowing Cherub commented "Sounds like the phlebotomist hit a blood vessel." who would have thought the taking of blood required placing a needle into a err...a blood vessel. I have learnt so much from the flog mods.facepalm

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/bruising-after-blood-test.75979/

catherinecherub
    Sounds like the phlebotomist hit a blood vessel.

The Cherub as edited her post, I know she is an avid fan of our blog and this forum. Taking lessons from Nobblyhead on the old moderate and alter your own posts when you look a complete chump ploy.

"Sounds like the phlebotomist hit a blood vessel and damaged it.

Bruising Mild bruising around the area where the needle went into the vein is fairly common after a blood test; however, in some rare cases, more severe bruising may develop. Severe bruising is usually caused by a lack of pressure being applied to the site of the wound after the needle has been removed (applying a cotton wool pad to the wound helps to stem the bleeding, which will reduce the risk of bruising) but it may also be caused by damage to the vein when the needle was inserted.
    http://www.medic8.com/blood-disorders/blood-test/risks-of-blood-tests.html"
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:45

I had one of those bruises once, I knew what it was and it went away after a few days shock horror.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 23 2015, 18:17

When I saw the up loaded photo, I thought jeez, Sid is rigged like a Grand National winner affraid , then I realised it was his arm. facepalm
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Jul 09 2015, 12:16

Meanwhile over at the flog the Bonkers one has dragged himself out of his drug addled scratcher.

"There are so many threads like this one but it seems that lchf diets only work in the short term, generally around 6 months, there was even some study that reported as much that was posted here some time ago."

Sid reminds me of a guy called Hiroo Onada a Japanese soldier who refused to surrender after the Second World War ended and spent 29 years hiding in the jungle while continuing a guerilla war. Hiroo Onoda remained on an island in the Philippines until 1974 because he did not believe the war was over. He became the last Japanese soldier to surrender – but only after his former commander, who in 1945 had told him to stay behind and spy on American troops, was flown from Japan to order him to give up. Perhaps Sid is waiting for the nod from his old commander, the dreaded Cugila.

So confused has Sid become over the years he can't see the wood for the trees. One mention of low carb and fat and weight and he roars off like a clockwork puppet on speed. I and many others never ever had an issue with weight. Sure I was carrying some excess blubber for years, but no way did I give a monkeys. The reason I and so many like me went low carb was to control blood glucose numbers, and by golly did it work and has kept on working for over seven years. Not just for me but millions of others all over the world. Not only worked but for most type two's the reliance on medication runs from minimal to nil. That is a fact.

The war is over Sid, your lot lost.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Jul 09 2015, 13:07

Eddie wrote: Perhaps Sid is waiting for the nod from his old commander, the dreaded Cugila.

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best ! - Page 5 Ventriloquist

Twisted Evil
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Jul 09 2015, 22:49

Dear old Sid forever the hypocrite, he must realise by now that we were Low Carbing at DCUK before he even joined and after seven years we are still following the LC diet.

I wonder just were his fellow anti Low Carbers are now ? He and the cherub are the only two T2s left it would appear his CICO low GI low calorie cornflake diet is far more short lived amongst the members Shocked

Sill Sid has some good points at least he recognises that jammy dodgers can be addictive Wink

Sid wrote:I seem to have lost my chocoholic cravings since being diabetic nut I have to agree re the biscuits I could easily polish off a packet of Jammy Dodgers given the opportunity. 

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/chocolate.20986/page-2#post-191031

But hang on a minute I was forgetting that he also posted this Very Happy

Sid wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would want to make biscuits that are not particularly nice to eat just because they are low carb, if I want a biscuit with a cuppa I'll have a chocolate digestive 10g carbs not great but it doesn't do much to my bg levels on its own as a snack so why compromise, other biscuits are less carbs than that so I can have a couple which is nice

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-cookies.26840/#post-248110

As I said forever the hypocrite is Sid and this comment from him is proof if ever it was needed.

Sid wrote: I am not a vehement anti low carber 

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/why-i-dont-low-carb.8913/
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jul 10 2015, 17:25

The jungle drums tell me the Bonkers one had some posts deleted today and his legs smacked. rofl It has taken the admin around five years to realise he is no more than a drug addled demented shit stirrer. He was ever thus.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jul 10 2015, 17:41

Sid was actually moderated for once??!! rofl About god damn time eh!
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Jul 10 2015, 21:57

A few posts were deleted from including one from dannyw which he asked Sid to provide evidence for this comment:
    Sid wrote:There are so many threads like this one but it seems that lchf diets only work in the short term, generally around 6 months, there was even some study that reported as much that was posted here some time ago.

Why Danny's comment was deleted by Giverny is beyond me, he was just asking in a civil way for evidence to back up Sid's comment.

As we all know Sid's a protected species and his only contribution on the forum of late is to bludgeon his way on to LC topics making all sorts of uncorroborated claims.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jul 10 2015, 22:12

When did logic or any sense of fair play work at the flog? Sid is a very angry and bitter person, and as you say a protected species. Protected by the delusional and bitter Cherub, the mentally deficient Anna, and the lying Nobblyhead. But hey, does anyone give a f**k. Great to see a forum motivated by profit, must be making less money than a well organised whelk stall. It was ever thus, and will ever be thus, with those retards on the tiller. A truly wonderful spectacle. facepalm
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Jul 11 2015, 18:52

The OP of that thread hadn't even asked if lchf worked.  They just asked which fats were best to use in order to get into ketosis to lose weight.   I can't understand why the first post by Sid has been allowed to remain, it's off topic, he didn't answer the OP's question.  My own replies to Sid explaining that when I added fat to my diet I did start to lose weight were removed as 'bickering'.  I was merely trying to explain to anyone else reading the thread that Sid's logic was wrong.

Bickering?......he started it...... Wink
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Jul 11 2015, 23:24

zand wrote:The OP of that thread hadn't even asked if lchf worked.  They just asked which fats were best to use in order to get into ketosis to lose weight.   I can't understand why the first post by Sid has been allowed to remain, it's off topic, he didn't answer the OP's question.  My own replies to Sid explaining that when I added fat to my diet I did start to lose weight were removed as 'bickering'.  I was merely trying to explain to anyone else reading the thread that Sid's logic was wrong.

As I've stated before Sid is a protected species and to challenge him is completely verboten, whilst I agree your post was fair comment and should not have been deleted unless Sid's was also deleted, to me dannyw had a comment asking for Sid to back up his claim with evidence which was also removed. To me this is more proof of the bias against LCHF on the DCUK forum.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jul 12 2015, 11:54

graham64 wrote:
    zand wrote:The OP of that thread hadn't even asked if lchf worked.  They just asked which fats were best to use in order to get into ketosis to lose weight.   I can't understand why the first post by Sid has been allowed to remain, it's off topic, he didn't answer the OP's question.  My own replies to Sid explaining that when I added fat to my diet I did start to lose weight were removed as 'bickering'.  I was merely trying to explain to anyone else reading the thread that Sid's logic was wrong.

As I've stated before Sid is a protected species and to challenge him is completely verboten, whilst I agree your post was fair comment and should not have been deleted unless Sid's was also deleted, to me dannyw had a comment asking for Sid to back up his claim with evidence which was also removed. To me this is more proof of the bias against LCHF on the DCUK forum.

Over the years there has been quite a few on the protected list, responsible for most of the thread locking, deletions and banning, and almost all, low carb antis. You don't need the brains of Einstein to work out why, MONEY. The forum owners have never been shy in admitting the DCUK outfit in it's entirety is a for profit organisation. There is little or no money in controlling diabetes with diet and exercise. The big money is in medication, insulin pumps, test strips and other consumables. In many countries medics and insurance companies are making monumental amounts of money from the diabetes epidemic.

The irony is, it is MONEY or lack of it that will bring in the changes. Healthcare systems are being bankrupted by the epidemics of diabetes and it's often linked obesity crisis. The NHS alone spend over £10 billion pounds a year dealing with diabetes and the money is running out. Clearly this Government want as much privatisation of the NHS as it can can get away with. I expect the day will come when every diabetic will have access to what ever they want in the way of expertise, drugs and equipment, but it will come with a very large invoice.

That situation already exists for those with serious money, but the day is coming when those without the money will be in a very bad place. You only have to look at the desperate situation Greek diabetics are in to see what is in store for us. It will start slowly, maybe a charge to visit your Doctor, then a contribution towards medical supplies, then means testing etc. I believe many who do not rate a low carb higher fat lifestyle, will suddenly come over to the dark side, when it means the car or holidays will have to go, it they want to continue the carb up and shoot up lifestyle. A lifestyle that has proved to be not only a financial disaster, but a disaster for peoples life expectancy, well-being and health.

Imagine this for a situation, pay Doctors, Diabetes Nurses and Dietitians substantial cash bonuses for reducing HbA1c numbers, and weight if appropriate for their diabetic patients, but not by using drugs or expensive surgical procedures. The money would come from the huge savings in medication costs and dealing with blindness, amputations and kidney failure etc.

You know it makes sense, why fight it.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:12

Yes that makes perfect sense to me Eddie. What's more LCHF is healthy for everyone, not just diabetics and the obese.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 18:40

Meanwhile over at the forum of flog the Bonkers one gets more confused by the day. Today he is having a rant against information from low carbers on blogs and forums. Evidently we should only listen to accredited experts. These are the experts that preside over the lamentable state of diabetes care in the UK I presume. Anyway check out the screen shot and link.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/daily-mirror-does-it-again.83134/page-2#post-934671

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best ! - Page 5 Bonkers%2Bagain

Now, you may be thinking, hang on a minute, is this the same bloke that was telling all the other week at the flog, he lost a shed load of weight, reduced his insulin resistance, and dumped injecting insulin by err...a strict low carb diet. Clearly the lad has gone completely berso. It was low carbers that put the dullard straight. Right now, I am thinking the Bonkers one is in need of some psychiatric help, and swiftly.

Bonkers Back to his Barking Best ! - Page 5 Bonkers%2Bfesses%2Bup%2Bat%2BDUK
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 01 2015, 18:50

Priceless!!! lol! lol! I guess it's changes in the weather that decipher which diet Sidney advocates from week to week! lol
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 01 2015, 18:56

Paul1976 wrote:Priceless!!! lol! lol! I guess it's changes in the weather that decipher which diet Sidney advocates from week to week! lol

Too right, tell me, is it just me, but I am getting a sniff of pot noodles and neoprene rubber on that thread?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 01 2015, 19:00

Eddie wrote:
    Paul1976 wrote:Priceless!!! lol! lol! I guess it's changes in the weather that decipher which diet Sidney advocates from week to week! lol

Too right, tell me, is it just me, but I am getting a sniff of pot noodles and neoprene rubber on that thread?

Oh yes!!! I definitely felt a disturbance in the force earlier...Can't put my finger on it quite yet but for some reason I'm channeling in on a male christian name beginning with the letter 'D' Wink I feel a low fat/junk food storm may be on the way rain popcorn
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 01 2015, 19:25

Paul said....... "Can't put my finger on it quite yet but for some reason I'm channeling in on a male christian name beginning with the letter 'D' .I feel a low fat/junk food storm may be on the way."

lol that's defo not Dillinger then is it? popcorn
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 01 2015, 19:26

LOL!!! No!!!! rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 17:39