THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
chris c
ChrisPalmer
TonyTheTiger
Paul1976
Eddie
9 posters

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb! Empty Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb!

Post by Eddie Tue Aug 25 2015, 13:42

Sid today at the flog.

"Any way I cut my carbs down a little further than you to around 60g a day and was very strict and lost 4 stone over about 12 months"  Shocked

"ps I managed to wean myself off insulin as the weight fell off and I lost my insulin resistance"  Shocked

No folks, it's not a wind up, Sid has come over to the dark side. He will be over here next begging for forgiveness. OK I'm getting carried away, but ya know what I mean. welcome Sid

Bonkers fesses up here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/finally-losing-weight.82707#post-928272

Last edited by Paul1976 on Tue Aug 25 2015, 13:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb! Empty Re: Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb!

Post by Paul1976 Tue Aug 25 2015, 14:03

rofl One minute ol' Sid is saying that the only way to sustainably lose weight is calorie reduction and now he's extolling the virtues of the low carb diet Re, his large initial weight loss!!! I love it!! Welcome aboard Sid!! clap
    Eddie
    Eddie

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb! Empty Re: Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb!

Post by Eddie Tue Aug 25 2015, 14:18

And never forget Noblehead's glowing endorsement of the weight loss via low carb.

By Noblehead September 4th, 2009, 12:05 pm at the flog, albeit heavily edited years later when he joined the low carb antis. As fully documented here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/noblehead-confirmation-received-he-is.html

"I have seen dieticians, read books, spoke to my diabetic care team, and none have offered any constructive advice on controlling weight. Reading this forum has been helpful, and reading other peoples experiences in controlling their diabetes and improving Hba1c's, has been inspirational !

I can't recollect at any time been given advice on reducing carbs to control weight. I have always been told to eat plenty of carbs at every meal, together with the usual meat and veg. Once I was told that a bowl of cereal for breakfast was insufficient, and should include 2 slices of toast also. Looking back I can now see how flawed this advice/information has been.

Cutting back on the carbs, reducing portion size and eating sensible foods, combined with plenty of exercise has changed my approach to diabetes. I am now eating approximately half the amount of carbs I ate only 3 months back, and at last my weight is starting to drop. Before I started to cut back I was 14st 12lb, and being only 5ft 9'' was well overweight, and my BMI was 31. "
    TonyTheTiger
    TonyTheTiger

Male Posts : 5

Post by TonyTheTiger Tue Aug 25 2015, 15:25

It would appear that Nobleheads memory is not Gr-r-reat!!! jimlad
    ChrisPalmer

Post by ChrisPalmer Tue Aug 25 2015, 15:28

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb! -1x-1
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Aug 25 2015, 18:34

Sid 'Cherry picking' from posts out of context again!!

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/am-i-an-oddball.82272/page-3#post-928330

Another case of Bonkers trying to start an 'Argumnet' as he puts it I reckon! facepalm
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 25 2015, 20:18

Obviously Sid went temporarily mad. Him being mad is equivalent to anyone else becoming sane.

I'm glad someone in the second thread pointed out that all kinds of mayhem could be occurring in the two hour window between eating and testing - the advice I had and used to pass on was to find your own postprandial peak which was usually nearer to 1 hour.

Again we see people claiming that it is "normal" for people to spike after eating. No it's COMMON, not bloody NORMAL. These are just more diabetics in the making.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Aug 25 2015, 21:53

Sid Bonkers wrote:I use a GI approach along with reduced carbs to manage my T2 and have found the approach to be a great help.

A quote from the GI Giet thread his post surprisingly was mod edited Shocked whether he'd had his usual rant about LC I don't know.

I'm just wondering how cornflakes which are near the top of the GI index can be considered as a good use of the GI diet especially for diabetics.
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Post by Pasha Wed Aug 26 2015, 06:08

graham64 wrote:
    Sid Bonkers wrote:I use a GI approach along with reduced carbs to manage my T2 and have found the approach to be a great help.

A quote from the GI Giet thread his post surprisingly was mod edited Shocked whether he'd had his usual rant about LC I don't know.

I'm just wondering how cornflakes which are near the top of the GI index can be considered as a good use of the GI diet especially for diabetics.

I think you will find, that in this case, the Kellogs cornflakes are being used for other purposes, despite their high GI.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 26 2015, 14:33

Pasha wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

I think you will find, that in this case, the Kellogs cornflakes are being used for other purposes, despite their high GI.

Ah, a link to our other Kellogg's thread ?
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

Post by Pasha Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:44

mo1905 wrote:
    Pasha wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Ah, a link to our other Kellogg's thread ?

Indeed so.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Aug 28 2015, 18:19

Paul1976 wrote:Sid 'Cherry picking' from posts out of context again!!

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/am-i-an-oddball.82272/page-3#post-928330

Another case of Bonkers trying to start an 'Argumnet' as he puts it I reckon! facepalm

Yes this is his most annoying post yet!!!!! Sid accused me of not reading links when I didn't think I would agree with them!!!. So I said.

"Sid you are so wrong. When I have the time (and I don't have time this week, sorry) I read all the links that are given me, whether I think I will agree with them or not. How else can one learn? I have an open mind, whilst yours seems rather closed. Have your read my fat fast thread which I quoted?"

And he said I was rude to say he was wrong, I could only disagree with him!!!!! ffs when he is talking about me and my life and my actions I reckon I have the right to tell him when I know he's wrong. It's rude of him to tell me otherwise. He has the ****ing nerve to tell me how I spend my life and I can't tell him that he is wrong. ****. I need another holiday now. (yep I just got home an hour ago). Why on earth wasn't that post deleted by a mod? It wasn't anything to do with the thread, it was just intended to goad me into getting banned. lol
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Aug 28 2015, 18:49

zand wrote:Why on earth wasn't that post deleted by a mod?  It wasn't anything to do with the thread, it was just intended to goad me into getting banned.  lol

That's exactly why it wasn't deleted.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Aug 28 2015, 19:01

Sid Bonkers glowing report on low carb! Chris-is-spot
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 28 2015, 19:34

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

DCUK A Memo to the forum members from Giverny !

OK you numbskull's and halfwits, listen up, I don’t intend repeating myself. Some of you muppets may have noticed Mo's called it a day as a mod, ask me if I care. It's probably just as well, that bloke was too honest for his own good. Jeez I can remember when Jopar and Tubolard were mods, those nutters certainly knew how to wind up the low carb zealots. We've had good mods before do the off, because of all the back biting and back stabbing you plebs never get to hear about.

You think running this forum is easy, working around the clock, exploiting diabetics and flogging 'em over priced junk and you will see it is one tough gig. Let's get one thing straight, we don't give a flying fuck for the membership. We are part of sitefinders UK an exploitation outfit. We exploit diabetics, the lonely with our dating site and the poor and financially disadvantaged with our pay day loans outfit. It’s a job to me, and keeps me off the streets. OK I know 99.9% of the membership never posts and most checked out donkey's years ago, quite honestly this job would suit me fine if we didn't have any members, most of you deck swabs are work shy layabouts and whiners.

Right, that's my lot for now, except to say well done Sid, you've seen off more members than just about anyone, BTW that meal you posted up last week was a bit of a balls up don't you think ! all that fat ! you'll be giving those low carb bastards even more ammo if you're not careful, what happened that day ? cut down on the meds lad you're going bat shit. Nige thank's for all the sucking up, but can you get back to what you do best, lying.

Catherine pet, stop wasting your time posting anonymous shite over at the retarded son of a bitch Mitchell's blog and get back to winding up the chimps on the forum. Phoenix what's up with you these days, where are all the cut and paste links putting the fear of Christ up those fat munchers, if you don't liven yourself up we will lose the brown envelopes from big pharma. BTW your cheque is in the post.

Giv
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 28 2015, 19:41

Lol ! I tried reading one of Phoenix's posts the other day but fell asleep half way through.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 28 2015, 19:57

mo1905 wrote:Lol ! I tried reading one of Phoenix's posts the other day but fell asleep half way through.

Now you know why she is so miserable, yes the one and only phoenix. Music to cut ya throat by.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 28 2015, 20:37

Well, that brought the forum to a screeching halt. That utube vid was from a link (since removed from Phoenix's blog) public domain which can be found here http://typeonepointfive.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/cvd%20%20low%20cabohydrate%20diets

"On the other hand,there are lots of people on various diabetes forums who advocate a low carb , sometimes very low carb approach. They frequently decry mainstream science and like to claim that it is carbohydrates alone that are responsible for CVD and the current world obesity problems.

Their gurus are people like Drs Atkins and Bernstein, their hero is the science writer G Taubes .They love to cite certain high profile blogs.I'm sure most people reading have come across them.I have dutifully read much of the required reading, but I haven't been convinced. I feel that extremely low carb diets have not been shown to be either effective or safe in the longterm . ( I certainly don’t buy a high in anything diet either).

At times I have been really worried about the way they promote the diet., their woe (way of eating) as the only way, a diet to be embraced no matter what a person's lifestyle, activity level or medical history .

Recently these people have been able to quote limited studies, which suggest low carb diets as being effective in the short term for losing weight, and for lowering glucose levels in type 2 diabetes . These studies have suggested that LDL cholesterol and triglycerides fall whilst HDL rises.
    (funnily enough quite frequently low carbers argue that cholesterol levels don’t matter, but thats another subject)

Its not surprising that this headline caught my attention this morning.
    Low-carb diets linked to atherosclerosis and impaired blood vessel growth
    It related to a study on arterial plaque and diet using mice model
    The press release contained some background anecdote to the study."

One comment.

"1 comment:

Carbophile26 August 2009 at 13:37
    Nicely put and perhaps more diplomatically than I could say it."

Need I say more? but I will.

If every study that worked out in mice, transferred through to human beings the boffins would have cured every disease known to man. Feed an animal a diet which is totally alien, but don't be surprised when it becomes ill and dies. Same goes for us.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:25

Sounds more like dirge 😢wonder if she gets plenty of bookings for funerals  Neutral

You can make a concertina more entertaining by adding a few low carb chickens which of course lay eggs a staple for many low carbers  thumb-up

Cant embed video follow link to watch the Chicken Polka 

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Aug 29 2015, 19:27

Ye Gods, I need some Neshko Neshev to cheer me up (OK it's an accordion but you get the picture)

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Aug 29 2015, 19:45

Thanks Chris great music, I think you might like this.

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Aug 29 2015, 20:25

Yes I LOVE ethnic/folk-based music. Bartok and Kodaly in Hungary, and Vaughan Williams and Holst in the UK (and later the Fairports etc) used to collect/record folk music. Shostakovich could only be Russian, Sibelius ditto for Finland, Nielsen for Denmark, Messiaen for France etc.

Then of course there's the blues and jazz. Sometime I'll put up some South African Kwela/township music, a mix of African rythms and call-and-response, blues, church hymnbook harmonies and Duke Ellington . . .

. . . Phoenix remins me of the Kipper Family

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Aug 29 2015, 20:45

Jeez Chris what a painful noise, time to get sensible.

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Aug 30 2015, 12:49

The Kipper family are a joke, based on the Copper Family who were for real.

Clapton however is never a joke. Sublime!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 17:29