THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food Empty Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food

Post by Jan1 Tue Feb 09 2016, 17:32

On Diet Doctor there is a guest post from Libby Jenkinson, a registered pharmacist, mother of 3 children, and the founder of ditchthecarbs.com, the leading low carb website in New Zealand and Australia.

Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food Broccoli1

Low Carb Kids

The importance of whole food nutrition in children’s health and development cannot be stressed enough. All children will benefit from lowering their sugar and carbohydrate intake, especially from processed and junk foods.

For Low Carb Kids the emphasis should be on feeding them tasty nutrient dense meals. Children shouldn’t be relying on sugars, grains and high carb snacks. Low carb is all about going back to basics – meat, vegetables, low sugar fruit, seeds, nuts and healthy fats. Real food is simple food.

Many critics think we advocate no carb, but we are low carb. The biggest sources of carbs should be vegetables, nuts, dairy and berries, rich with vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants.

Children need to receive all the nutrients required for their growing bodies but can easily do without the sugars and carbs of the modern diet. By removing processed junk food from their diet, children become low carb almost by default.

... and article continues, why not use this link and see what you think Smile

http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb-kids

I found it a very interesting read, with some excellent pointers

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food Empty Re: Low Carb Kids – How to Raise Children on Real Low-Carb Food

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 10 2016, 14:04

These next words are from an article on the low carb diabetic blog dated 23 February 2015 - I thought the article fitted well with the above post!

Children and Low Carb Eating

With so much talk about living the low carb lifestyle. Would you recommend it for pregnant women? Would you bring up your children the low carb way? I read with great interest an article by Kelly on The Zero Carb Blog, but more on that in a moment.

Our grandchildren are being brought up on a reduced carbohydrate lifestyle. Dr Andreas Eenfeldt's two girls eat real whole foods, and a reduced carbohydrate lifestyle. I can remember his daughter's birthday cake being made of melon and double cream. Dr Jay Wortmans daughter is a low carb child.

If you want what is best for your child have you considered a reduced carb lifestyle? You can and should read the many articles and books that are available so you can make an informed choice. Neither Kelly or I are medical professionals, we share and discuss what we have found works well for us and our families.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/children-and-low-carb-eating.html

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 11:15