THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+9
Paul1976
graham64
chris c
Mrs Vimes
Eddie
mo1905
Sally
zand
Pasha
13 posters

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

nomistheman
    nomistheman

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning. - Page 4 Empty Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

Post by nomistheman Sun Sep 06 2015, 20:17

merrylizard1314 wrote:Yes, you guessed it, Nom.
    What are you doing with the increased carbs? Is it an experiment?

It was kind of an experiment. Embarassed

I was seeing what a week of eating over 100g of Carbohydrates each day would do to me. I wanted to see if my body could cope with that level - which it has. thumb-up

I don't think it's a success though as I've put on 1Kg and the morning fasting readings are higher than I'd like. Mad
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning. - Page 4 Empty Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

Post by nomistheman Mon Sep 07 2015, 08:18

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 6.5 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 5.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.1 mmol / L

Yesterday was the first day with carbohydrate below 50g - definitely makes a difference to my morning blood glucose fasting level.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 08:28

7.1 today, that's better. Smile
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Female Posts : 90

Post by merrylizard1314 Mon Sep 07 2015, 08:58

This morning at 6.15am 4.3mmol/L. Left ketone strips behind, silly me!, but I'm probably still inky, as I haven't had more than 20g carbohydrates today.
    Just about to have hearty soup at the ski lodge and then possibly early bed, as I will avoid the gluhwein gang!
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Tue Sep 08 2015, 08:23

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 5.9 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.5 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 4.5 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.5 mmol / L

I'm 'inky' this morning - didn't expect that! Chuffed to bits is me!

I was pleased that my experiment putting an extra tablespoon of MCT oil in my BulletProof Coffee (so 2 instead of 1) put me deeper into ketosis at the 3 hour post prandial mark than normal. The first BulletProof Coffee Of the day resulted in 1.2 mmol / L Blood Ketones and the second one a whopping 2.3 mmol / L - totally bobacious!

Oh, yeah! Just 27g of carbohydrate yesterday - in my evening meal of 2 Soya and Linseed Burgen toast buttered with Kerrygold and each slice topped with an egg fried in coconut oil. Delicious! Bonus was pre prandial I had 4.8 mmol / L Blood Glucose - 1 hour post prandial it was the same and two hours post prandial it was 4.5 mmol / L - must have been the resistance training exercise just prior causing my muscles to soak up the carbs! Now that is totally bobacious dude and dudets!

Last edited by nomistheman on Tue Sep 08 2015, 08:43; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To correct spelling)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 08 2015, 08:31

6.2 today. Smile
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Tue Sep 08 2015, 08:47

@zand 7.1 mmol / L yesterday and 6.2 mmol / L this morning indicates you're recuperating! Excellent! Smile
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 08 2015, 09:21

nomistheman wrote:@zand 7.1 mmol / L yesterday and 6.2 mmol / L this morning indicates you're recuperating! Excellent! Smile

Yep! Smile flower
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Tue Sep 08 2015, 16:57

Glad to see that recovery@zand
    Couldn't sleep so just getting myself a cup of cocoa. This morning, well, yesterday morning actually, BGL 4.3,
    And good going, Nom, if I put 2 tablespoons of MCT in my coffee, I wouldn't be able to eat anything else all day, and I would be so inky that I would be dangerous!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 08 2015, 17:13

merrylizard1314 wrote:Glad to see that recovery@zand
    Couldn't sleep so just getting myself a cup of cocoa. This morning, well,  yesterday morning actually, BGL 4.3,
    And good going, Nom, if I put 2 tablespoons of MCT in my coffee, I wouldn't be able to eat anything else all day, and I would be so inky that I would be dangerous!

thanks Smile
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Wed Sep 09 2015, 08:33

merrylizard1314 wrote:
    if I put 2 tablespoons of MCT in my coffee, I wouldn't be able to eat anything else all day, and I would be so inky that I would be dangerous!

As a Rochdalian I'm dangerous all the time - I don't have to be inky! Wink

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 5.5 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.9 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.6 mmol / L

Was surprised that I stayed inky after my "carb backloading" post run (38.6g Carbohydrate) and evening meal (26g Carbohydrate). Probably due to the couple of hours between them?

Glad I did though! thumb-up
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Wed Sep 09 2015, 09:29

Wednesday. Tested at 6.15am 4.3mmol/L . Am back home now, after not breaking either of my legs or arms. Quite chuffed about that.
    Ketones are now 1.8. Ate a bit later than usual - but only 25g carbs.
    Clustering round the fire tonight. This morning, in the mountains, it was -1 degree and at the moment it is 6degrees. The animals are herding everyone about to make them sit down . Guess what happens when anyone does?
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Wed Sep 09 2015, 22:29

merrylizard1314 wrote:Clustering round the fire tonight. This morning, in the mountains, it was -1 degree and at the moment it is 6degrees. The animals are herding everyone about to make them sit down . Guess what happens when anyone does?
    They get cold soggy bums? Laughing
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Thu Sep 10 2015, 04:06

Soggy bottoms may be normal for you dangerous Rochdalians, Nom, but I only meant that, starved of affection for two days, the animals herd people about, and when someone sits down, Voila! a warm lap appears, ideal for settlement.

This morning,at 6.20, 4.9mmols/L Ketones 1.0
    A young person's birthday today, so, celebratory almond towers. I will count it as an experiment. Usually, if it is a birthday, I fast until the meal, and cake, and then fast afterwards. Today, I will have a BP coffee, before and after and see what happens
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Thu Sep 10 2015, 08:19

merrylizard1314 wrote:Soggy bottoms may be normal for you dangerous Rochdalians, Nom, but I only meant that, starved of affection for two days, the animals herd people about, and when someone sits down, Voila!  a warm lap appears, ideal for settlement.

Ah, I see now!
    Due to you mentioning herding I envisaged cattle in the fields and was led to think of the old tale that it rains when cows lie down.

How wrong was I?! lol!

You were referring - I'm guessing again here - puddy cats?

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 5.1 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 1.1 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 3.9 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 1.3 mmol / L

Very interested in how your BulletProof coffee pre and post birthday cake works out @merrylizard1314
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Fri Sep 11 2015, 08:17

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 6.3 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.7 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 5.2 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.7 mmol / L

Higher Blood Glucose due to eating 50g Pistachio nuts before sleep to see effect on dawn phenomenon. Pleased to still be mildly inky though.

How'd the birthday go @merrylizard1314 - did you enjoy the celebration / cake?

Anyone know where @Pasha has got to?
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Sat Sep 12 2015, 10:07

Starting to feel deserted on this thread. couch

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.8 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.1 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 2.6 mmol / L

Nose was like a running tap yesterday evening and has started again after waking. Took and taken Sudafed capsules they usually work well for me - allowing me to continue as normal. Also took two teaspoons of honey last night for the medicinal properties.

The emergence of my head cold might explain why I've had an issue with my breathing on my last two runs - it may have been developing?

May have to forego the fat fast? Sad
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 12 2015, 11:09

lol you've not been deserted......some of us have been forgetting to test now that they are up and about again. Rolling Eyes Sorry. Smile
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Sat Sep 12 2015, 11:41

Hola

7.3 fasting. Haven't tested for 2 weeks now nor ran as picked up a leg injury. Not overdone carbs in that period but not been to concerned about carb counting. Big blowout last night hence unacceptable fasting results  and a half stone weight gain.

Won't be able to run during fat fast so will have to look at something else. Decided to extend the ff into a wider experiment split into the following

1 - tomorrow 24 hour water fast. Never done on before assume it's only drink water for 24 hours?

2 - 5 day fat fast.

3 - 6 week Atkins induction for want of better word. No alcohol  Crying or Very sad

4 - then to end of the year. Diet and exercise planning. Aim 14 stone; fasting blood sugars below 5 and optimum ketosis measured by blood ketones.

5 - January to may 28th 2016. Build on the above in preparation for....shameless plug alert......

https://www.justgiving.com/Edward-Barnes2/

Yours aye

Chugger Fugger
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Sep 13 2015, 02:10

@nomistheman, the bulletproof coffee reduced my appetite so much that I only had an extremely small piece of Danish almond cake and I was given a whole tier to take home - a small one, near the top. It weighed 150g. At about 7.30, I ate about this. Usually I don't eat after 4-5pm. And, in the interests of experiment, I had another BPC.
    In the morning my BGL was 3.9mmol/L. And ketones were 1.4. I expected much higher BGLs and lower ketones.
    Have you decided about doing the FF, or will your cold prevent?

@baruney that is quite a schedule. Yep, only water for 24 hours, but you get to drink as much of it as you can, even hot, so you can pretend it is your favourite soup.
    With you for the fat fast
    Gosh Ed, that is such a big undertaking, London to Brighton and you are wise to prepare and plan for it so well. Good on you!
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Sep 13 2015, 02:13

This morning at 6.15 4.3mmol/L and ketones 1.0
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Sun Sep 13 2015, 02:16

@merrylizard1314 - paradoxically, I'm getting similar results from adding more carbs back into my diet - I tend to think it's a touch of reactive hypoglycemia going on. I'm much happier staying in a mid-range consistent level than going up and down like a yo-yo and tend to think it's better for my body as well. I'm hoping it will settle because I'm enjoying having sweet potato back on the menu.

Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Sun Sep 13 2015, 15:41

merrylizard1314 wrote:@nomistheman, the bulletproof coffee reduced my appetite so much that I only had an extremely small piece of Danish almond cake and I was given a whole tier to take home - a small one, near the top. It weighed 150g. At about 7.30, I ate about this. Usually I don't eat after 4-5pm. And, in the interests of experiment, I had another BPC.
    In the morning my BGL was 3.9mmol/L. And ketones were 1.4. I expected much higher BGLs and lower ketones.
    Have you decided about doing the FF, or will your cold prevent?

@baruney that is quite a schedule. Yep, only water for 24 hours, but you get to drink as much of it as you can, even hot, so you can pretend it is your favourite soup.
    With you for the fat fast
    Gosh Ed, that is such a big undertaking, London to Brighton and you are wise to prepare and plan for it so well. Good on you!

5.8 bloods and a 0.2 blood ketones this morning. Looking forward to the ff tomorrow. This pffwf is a bore. Have just found myself staring at the contents of the fridge for 20 minutes - God knows why!
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Sep 13 2015, 16:39

Could you be looking for more ice?
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Mon Sep 14 2015, 18:34

Baruney wrote:This pffwf is a bore. Have just found myself staring at the contents of the fridge for 20 minutes - God knows why!

Your TV is broke? muhahaha

For the exercise when injured have a search for Aqua jogging! I've still yet to do it (nearest available place to Rochdale is Blackburn) but, lots of runners swear by it when injured.

Yesterday Morning
    Blood Glucose 6.9 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Pre bed
    Blood Glucose 8.9 mmol / L
    Blood Ketones 0.2 mmol / L

This morning
    Blood Glucose 6.9 mmol / L

Pre Bed
    Blood Glucose 5.4 mmol / L

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 23:23