THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+9
Paul1976
graham64
chris c
Mrs Vimes
Eddie
mo1905
Sally
zand
Pasha
13 posters

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

nomistheman
    nomistheman

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning. - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

Post by nomistheman Sat Aug 29 2015, 10:06

This morning my Blood Glucose was a shocking 7.7 mmol / L Sad
    On going to bed it was 5.3 mmol / L.

There's my Dawn Phenomenon in the mix there as it's lay in day but, I'd still prefer it to be lower - at least in the low 6s.

I didn't get to Argos - my busy life got in the way - again! Sad

Pasha wrote:Once the Ketone strips arrive I can do the BG:ketone  ratio test as an indirect measurement for insulin.
    Ooh - would you explain that calculation please?

I've toyed with the idea of Ketonix but, the perfectionist in me wants the accuracy of testing blood for ketones.

@Pasha the medical technology available today is truly amazing. I've rebuilt engines but, wouldn't want the responsibility of working on someone's heart. Although I would think that such work would be amazingly rewarding!

All the very best to you my friend.
    Pasha

Male Posts : 68

What was your fasting blood glucose this morning. - Page 3 Empty Re: What was your fasting blood glucose this morning.

Post by Pasha Sat Aug 29 2015, 13:42

Glucose to Ketone ratio, see here.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/12/1/12

and here,

https://optimisingnutrition.wordpress.com/category/ketosis/,

Best start with the second link, hope you find it interesting and useful.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Aug 30 2015, 10:07

6.2 this morning. I'm happy with that since I've been away for a few days and will get back to my normal diet now. Smile

@Pasha thanks for those links, I'll have a look at them when I am awake enough. Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Aug 31 2015, 22:18

5.8 this AM, this is better than usual may have been the Vodka silent
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Mon Aug 31 2015, 22:26

Missed a day - oops! imsorry

Yesterday
    Morning Blood Glucose 6.8
    Morning Ketones 0.1
    Before bed (prior to above) Blood Glucose 8.1
    Before Bed (prior to above) Ketones not tested Sad

Today
    Morning Blood Glucose 6.5
    Morning Ketones 0.1
    Before bed (prior to above) Blood Glucose 5.6
    Before Bed (prior to above) Ketones not tested. Sad

Still a bit too high (for me) so roll on the fat fast.
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Tue Sep 01 2015, 05:39

5.1 this morning. Gearing up for massive DP as back at work today after 6 weeks off.
    Have a good morning everyone.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 01 2015, 07:27

6.5 this morning. Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly. Crying or Very sad
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Tue Sep 01 2015, 12:21

zand wrote:6.5 this morning.  Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly.  Crying or Very sad

Hope you recover fully, very soon.
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Tue Sep 01 2015, 12:27

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.8 mmol / L - Wait! What?
    Blood Ketones 0.1 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.2 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.2 mmol / L

Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Sep 01 2015, 17:52

nomistheman wrote:
    zand wrote:6.5 this morning.  Now I'm going back to bed as I'm poorly.  Crying or Very sad

Hope you recover fully, very soon.

Thank you I have given myself at least 2 more days off now (no I don't work, but I've cancelled commitments so I can get well more quickly. )
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Sep 01 2015, 23:01

6.7 Sad today I'ts in the usual range for me, now the good bit at + 2 hours it was 6.2 Very Happy
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

Post by Baruney Tue Sep 01 2015, 23:34

nomistheman wrote:This morning:

Before bed:

Must have been the experiment with pre bed time food that took me so very high - along with testing later in the morning so hitting my peak dawn phenomenon time.

@nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro? BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Wed Sep 02 2015, 00:00

Baruney wrote:

Before bed:

@nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro?

Stress mainly, plus a ridiculous experiment with carb laden food to try and get a reactive hypoglycaemic response against my dawn phenomenon - epic fail!

Baruney wrote:BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

Yes, this one is much prettier don't you think?! May just keep this caracature one! Laughing

Baruney wrote:Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

Have you not learned anything? *Whistles*

Baruney wrote:By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?

That's what you get for participating on that 'Voldermort' forum.

Not sure what you mean by the email. You want me to send an email via snail mail?

Glad to read your hard work is paying off - nice one bro! Totally sweet (ahem) I mean, low carb. Wink

14th seems like a great start date for the Mid September Fat Fast - on account of it being the middle of September! Wink

How's your feet holding you up - or would that be your legs?
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Wed Sep 02 2015, 00:16

nomistheman wrote:
    Baruney wrote:

Before bed:

@nomistheman - that is so unlike you - what's going on bro?

Stress mainly, plus a ridiculous experiment with carb laden food to try and get a reactive hypoglycaemic response against my dawn phenomenon - epic fail!

Baruney wrote:BTW love the new avatar - so much better than the one on the flog!

Yes, this one is much prettier don't you think?! May just keep this caracature one! Laughing

Baruney wrote:Whoooooooooooooooooooooops - off topic, haven't even posted my fasting levels!

Have you not learned anything? *Whistles*

Baruney wrote:By the way that lovely looking lady @mrsvimes was asking how do you know your banned from the flog - can you post that email I sent you as up in good old cockney town at the mo. First 1 day course under the belt - 2nd tomoorow and then a full 4 weeker on the 7th when I can go on hols. Yeh. 14th good?

That's what you get for participating on that 'Voldermort' forum.

Not sure what you mean by the email. You want me to send an email via snail mail?

Glad to read your hard work is paying off - nice one bro! Totally sweet (ahem) I mean, low carb. Wink

14th seems like a great start date for the Mid September Fat Fast - on account of it being the middle of September! Wink

How's your feet holding you up - or would that be your legs?

Nope it's just feet - ran during the day and walk at night but soaked all the way through. morning due to heat evening due to torrential rain. I have a pic of my feet which I can give you privatly but it's not really web friendly and we all know you Rochdalers like a bit of much - mind you I blame hitler for liking your town hall - or and the rest.

Anyhow I digress - nope - I sent you an email of a pic of your profile with the red lines running through it when you were banned - aka - mrs vimes - how do you know you've been banned thread, Don't worry if you cant find it to post. Escaping Cockney town 12.30 Thursday sharp!
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Fri Sep 04 2015, 09:45

Wednesday morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.6 mmol / L

Before bed:

Thursday morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.5 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 7.7 mmol / L
    Blood ketones 0.1 mmol / L

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.3 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.1 mmol / L

A slow downward trend. I think a 24 hour fast is in order - perhaps? Hmmm ...
    Baruney
    Baruney

Post by Baruney Fri Sep 04 2015, 10:33

Nom - prefer the old avatar. Anyhow very dated you need one of these to get with the programme..
    ban
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Fri Sep 04 2015, 11:07

Baruney wrote:Nom - prefer the old avatar. Anyhow very dated you need one of these to get with the programme..
    ban

Me too! Wink

I'm working on a better one - in my marginal ...
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Sat Sep 05 2015, 09:44

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.1 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 6.4 mmol / L

Downward trend continues. 
    My goal is to be in ketosis by the end of this week.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 05 2015, 10:17

Sad 8.1 today grrrr. I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!

I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon. Smile
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Sat Sep 05 2015, 10:40

zand wrote:Sad   8.1 today grrrr.  I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!  

I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon.   Smile
    If it's any consolation I was something like 26 mmol / L on the finger prick test my Dr performed before my official blood test (see signature) diagnosis.

Get well soon @zand.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Sep 05 2015, 21:26

zand wrote:Sad   8.1 today grrrr.  I think I was 8.3 at diagnosis!  

I've now concluded my little experiment to see if infections really do increase BG's, time to get well now I reckon.   Smile
    Oh yes, I could often tell when I was going to be ill because my BG went up for no reason.

Curiously I seldom catch infections at all nowadays, and when I do they're mild. Having said which, I did have a fairly bad cold last winter, and a minor but annoying cough in early summer, but I was a lot less affected than a lot of "well" people. I blame my diet. No actually I blame *their* diets.
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Female Posts : 90

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Sep 06 2015, 11:26

This morning at 6.15am 4.8 mmmol/L Ketones 1.1

Very happy if under 5mmol/L
    Off on an athletic break for a few days. Hope to clear my system of all the red wine and cognac of the past week. I have been feeling seriously unworried for the past two weeks - that can't be right, surely?

Baruney and Nom, I'm your man on the 14th!
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:38

merrylizard1314 wrote:Baruney and Nom, I'm your man on the 14th!

I hope that's Woah Man from down under! Wink
    nomistheman
    nomistheman

Post by nomistheman Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:41

This morning:
    Blood Glucose 7.2 mmol / L

Before bed:
    Blood Glucose 5.5 mmol / L

Lack of Ketosis is probably due to carbs being too high recently - at least I know that, even though my post prandial readings can tollerate the increase, my weight (increase) and morning Fasting Blood Glucose readings can not.
    merrylizard1314
    merrylizard1314

Female Posts : 90

Post by merrylizard1314 Sun Sep 06 2015, 12:57

Yes, you guessed it, Nom.
    What are you doing with the increased carbs? Is it an experiment?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 13:38