THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits Empty Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits

Post by Jan1 Fri Mar 27 2015, 15:20

Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits Copy+of+Crepe

These crepes/pancakes are virtually carb. free and are very easy to make - although you use ricotta cheese they do not taste of cheese.

Ingredients.

200 Grams of ricotta cheese
    3 eggs
    I teaspoon of cinnamon
    A splash of milk

Method

Mix the cheese, eggs and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl. Add a splash of milk if the mix is too thick to run freely. Place a small knob of butter into a frying pan, I use a small omelette pan 8". Heat the butter and spoon in 3 table spoons of mix. Fry until firm then turn over and cook for one minute or until the crepe is starting to brown. This mix makes between 6 and 8 crepes/pancakes. Allow to cool.

Great at any time with savoury foods, such as cream cheese, spring onions, very good for the lunch box or picnic.....and also great warmed up with some low carb berries and double cream.

How about trying them with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries or blueberries.  sunny

Or just serve simply with a slice of lemon - gently squeezed over the crepes.  Smile

All the best Jan
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits Empty Re: Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits

Post by sanguine Fri Mar 27 2015, 15:28

Oooo thanks Jan I must try that Smile
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits Empty Re: Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits

Post by sanguine Mon Mar 30 2015, 10:49

I made a batch of those last night, very nice too, except:

I need a smaller pan to control the size better; and I need to remember the heat and to turn on the extractor - managed to set off all the smoke alarms ... Rolling Eyes
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Mon Mar 30 2015, 22:07

I haven't tried cheese and egg on it's own, I'll give that a try.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 31 2015, 19:20

sanguine wrote:I made a batch of those last night, very nice too, except:

I need a smaller pan to control the size better;  and I need to remember the heat and to turn on the extractor - managed to set off all the smoke alarms ... Rolling Eyes

We used to have a saying in our house ........when the smoke alarms go off dinner is ready lol!

But these crepes / pancakes are good

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:47

Jan1 wrote:
    Low Carb Crepes - Go well with Low Carb Fruits Copy+of+Crepe

These crepes/pancakes are virtually carb. free and are very easy to make - although you use ricotta cheese they do not taste of cheese.

Ingredients.

200 Grams of ricotta cheese
    3 eggs
    I teaspoon of cinnamon
    A splash of milk

Method

Mix the cheese, eggs and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl. Add a splash of milk if the mix is too thick to run freely. Place a small knob of butter into a frying pan, I use a small omelette pan 8". Heat the butter and spoon in 3 table spoons of mix. Fry until firm then turn over and cook for one minute or until the crepe is starting to brown. This mix makes between 6 and 8 crepes/pancakes. Allow to cool.

Great at any time with savoury foods, such as cream cheese, spring onions, very good for the lunch box or picnic.....and also great warmed up with some low carb berries and double cream.

How about trying them with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries or blueberries.  sunny

Or just serve simply with a slice of lemon - gently squeezed over the crepes.  Smile

All the best Jan

Bumped this up ... you may find the recipe idea comes in useful during August !
    Can you believe it - the eighth month of the year here already.

Enjoy your day, and this recipe.

All the best Jan
    flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:29