THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Eddie
Paul1976
6 posters

Summer - It's Official

Long birder

Summer - It's Official - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer - It's Official

Post by Long birder Tue Sep 12 2017, 13:47

Yesterday it looked like we would get the 'eye' of Aileen but perhaps it will miss us. Can't say I'm disappointed! Summers been over up here since June! Smile. Derek

Last edited by Long birder on Tue Sep 12 2017, 18:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 12 2017, 19:08

Last night we put our heating on, what ever happened to summer. We worked outside for years, jeez I'm glad we are retired. The older we get the less we can take the cold weather, hopefully we will never be in a position, to have to decide between good food or turning the heating on, as so many old folk have to do. We are one of the richest countries in the world, yet people go hungry or cold, its a total scandal, in a country that can afford nuclear powered and armed submarines.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Sep 12 2017, 22:04

I've not put the heating on yet but the way it's going think it may be on for a couple of hours in the morning  Sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 13 2017, 19:00

We awoke to sunny skies this morning, but during the day the rain arrived! It really is strange weather at the moment.

I read that " Storm Aileen felled trees, burst river banks and brought down power cables across parts of the UK.
    The power of the storm – fuelled by gales of up to 75mph – was undeniable as it knocked electricity out of thousands of homes and snarled up transport networks.
    Inevitably however, there were parts of the country which were spared Aileen’s  wrath. Amidst a flurry of dramatic pictures and hair-raising accounts, those luckier pockets of Britain have detailed their own lesser experiences with mandatory lashings of sarcasm..."

Read more here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/storm-aileen-has-been-seriously-underwhelming-for-some-people_uk_59b8fe23e4b02da0e13d8c81?4sl

Well we were ok ... the wind did whirl around for a while, but no damage - hope other readers were fortunate too!

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Sep 13 2017, 22:15

Jan1 wrote:We awoke to sunny skies this morning, but during the day the rain arrived! It really is strange weather at the moment.

I read that " Storm Aileen felled trees, burst river banks and brought down power cables across parts of the UK.
    The power of the storm – fuelled by gales of up to 75mph – was undeniable as it knocked electricity out of thousands of homes and snarled up transport networks.
    Inevitably however, there were parts of the country which were spared Aileen’s  wrath. Amidst a flurry of dramatic pictures and hair-raising accounts, those luckier pockets of Britain have detailed their own lesser experiences with mandatory lashings of sarcasm..."

Read more here
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/storm-aileen-has-been-seriously-underwhelming-for-some-people_uk_59b8fe23e4b02da0e13d8c81?4sl

Well we were ok ... the wind did whirl around for a while, but no damage - hope other readers were fortunate too!

All the best Jan

Not been out today but we seem to have missed the worst of the storm no reports of felled trees or any major damage in the local area  Very Happy
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 13 2017, 23:27

Yup got my heating on now too.

We got howling winds and rain bucketing down most of the night. I didn't go out to look yet but I heard a few trees had gone. I heard a neighbour's bin blow over in the street. I had the sense not to put mine out until this morning, then realised I still hadn't done so, collected up all the recycling - a month's worth as I often don't have enough to be bothered to put the bin out every fortnight - then went and tipped it all into the landfill bin. Grrrr . . .

. . . had to pick up the bin and tip the contents into the Blue Bin. Those suckers are heavy, man.

Before the storm arrived it was a really decent sunny day for a change, so I walked over some other fields and sat on a different grassy bank for a while.

Still no sign of the Kites, though a neighbour the other end of the road has seen them more often than me, he doesn't know where they are based either.

Strangely no Buzzards. In fact not much of anything except the sodding pigeons. A few Skylarks, what I first thought was seven Yellowhammers on the power lines, but through the bins only two of them were actually Yellowhammers, the rest were the customary Linnets. Not even many of them, probably about twenty, trying to count the flock that flew up onto the lines and the ones left among the stubbles, and a slightly windblown House Martin.

Never mind, I caught plenty of sun for the first time in ages.
    Today, not so much.
    Long birder

Post by Long birder Fri Sep 15 2017, 10:50

chris c wrote:Yup got my heating on now too.

We got howling winds and rain bucketing down most of the night. I didn't go out to look yet but I heard a few trees had gone. I heard a neighbour's bin blow over in the street. I had the sense not to put mine out until this morning, then realised I still hadn't done so, collected up all the recycling - a month's worth as I often don't have enough to be bothered to put the bin out every fortnight - then went and tipped it all into the landfill bin. Grrrr . . .

. . . had to pick up the bin and tip the contents into the Blue Bin. Those suckers are heavy, man.

Before the storm arrived it was a really decent sunny day for a change, so I walked over some other fields and sat on a different grassy bank for a while.

Still no sign of the Kites, though a neighbour the other end of the road has seen them more often than me, he doesn't know where they are based either.

Strangely no Buzzards. In fact not much of anything except the sodding pigeons. A few Skylarks, what I first thought was seven Yellowhammers on the power lines, but through the bins only two of them were actually Yellowhammers, the rest were the customary Linnets. Not even many of them, probably about twenty, trying to count the flock that flew up onto the lines and the ones left among the stubbles, and a slightly windblown House Martin.

Never mind, I caught plenty of sun for the first time in ages.
    Today, not so much.
    Hi Chris, do you feel cold with your thyroid problems?
    regards
    Derek
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Sep 17 2017, 22:13

A bit when I overtreat it and it goes low, but not nearly as much as I used to when I was HCLF.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 18:40