THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Weather Redux

chris c
    chris c

Weather Redux - Page 4 Empty Re: Weather Redux

Post by chris c Wed Jul 13 2016, 23:17

Yesterday there were thunderstorms all around, but we finally managed a little trickle of rain, and a bit more today. I STILL didn't get the hose out but some of the tubs in the front are looking a bit bedraggled, I suspect I'll have to do them with the watering can and some fertiliser. Can't remember the last year I did so little watering, or generated so much biomass.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Jul 14 2016, 22:29

chris c wrote:Yesterday there were thunderstorms all around, but we finally managed a little trickle of rain, and a bit more today. I STILL didn't get the hose out but some of the tubs in the front are looking a bit bedraggled, I suspect I'll have to do them with the watering can and some fertiliser. Can't remember the last year I did so little watering, or generated so much biomass.

For the last few weeks not needed to do any watering, bedding plants are drowning and weeds are thriving as are the slugs Evil or Very Mad

But there is a plus side l'm on a water meter  cheers
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:14

Can you put some back?
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Jul 16 2016, 23:28

chris c wrote:Can you put some back?

Don't think it works like that Chris Shocked  until there's a water equivalent to solar panels and that ain't gonna happen United Utilities will still continue to prosper from a free commodity Mad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 19 2016, 11:11

Well it's certainly got rather warm ... even hot !

Monday was sun, sun and more sun and the thermometer reached 30 !!!

Sometimes an Iced Green Tea Mojito can help
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/iced-green-tea-mojito.html

But then sometimes all you need is a perfect cup of tea
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/a-perfect-cup-of-tea-and-slice-of-low.html

Of course you may prefer something different?

All the best Jan
    flower
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Jul 19 2016, 12:14

Even hotter today, time to head to a lake with the fishing rods and top up the vit D and sun tan. I might even take a dip. It's a tough life being a swivel eyed, knuckle dragging, old fogey brexiter. Jeez those brexit antis never give up whinging, a high court case today. Who's paying for that I wonder.

Anyway, three days hot weather and everyone will be moaning it's too hot. The plebs are never happy. rofl
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Tue Jul 19 2016, 14:29

Too hot for me, I only operate between 18 and 22 deg C. Smile D.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:13

Found a lovely spot on the lake in the shade, with a cool breeze blowing towards me across the water. Caught some very nice fish including a double figure mirror carb. Back home to the flat, and with all windows open, inside temp 84f. One cold shower later and feeling cool, but not for long rofl
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:39

Eddie wrote:Found a lovely spot on the lake in the shade, with a cool breeze blowing towards me across the water. Caught some very nice fish including a double figure mirror carb. Back home to the flat, and with all windows open, inside temp 84f. One cold shower later and feeling cool, but not for long rofl

OK were's the photos of the fish Question I'll bet you spent the day fast asleep couch
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Jul 19 2016, 21:50

Derek wrote:Too hot for me, I only operate between 18 and 22 deg C. Smile D.

Me too I found the humidity overpowering, spent most of the day under the parasol far to hot to go for a walk or get on with the gardening. The heatwave will be short lived expect temperatures to drop to around the 20 C mark Cool
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 19 2016, 22:52

I went and sat on the beach at Shingle Street, one of the few days in the year there wasn't a biting wind off the north sea. Had a few brief walks and prolonged sits chatting to other birdwatchers in various places. I finally watered the front garden tubs with the can because I needed to put on some fertiliser, tomorrow I'll have to do the back garden with the hose. This has to be the longest I've ever gone without watering, except for drops of sweat from my brow.

Barley harvest has started last week.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jul 19 2016, 23:28

graham64 wrote:
    Eddie wrote:Found a lovely spot on the lake in the shade, with a cool breeze blowing towards me across the water. Caught some very nice fish including a double figure mirror carb. Back home to the flat, and with all windows open, inside temp 84f. One cold shower later and feeling cool, but not for long rofl

OK were's the photos of the fish Question I'll bet you spent the day fast asleep couch

Spare me your shite. As you know we are meeting up on Thursday, and yes I have photos of today's fish on my phone. BTW you have had plenty of notice into getting your wallet out of cryogenic suspension, no wonder you Noooorveners (sic) have loads a money! affraid

Graham's theme tune.

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jul 20 2016, 22:22

This guy is comparable to Eddie when it comes to paying the bill Shocked

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 21 2016, 22:53

The next farm down the valley had the combine arrive for his barley yesterday evening, I assume they were going to start today.

No such luck! All the previous thunderstorms skirted us but yesterday's came right over. It was horrendous. My gutters overflowed, the roof of the sunroom started leaking, and the wind blew one of my wheelie bins into the road, and blew the shed doors open and drowned the lawnmower. There was a torrent running down the road.

Lucky I didn't bother getting the hose out after all.

I just went for an evening stroll on the beach, there were piles of gravel in the road from people's drives, and soil from several fields.At least the beach was dry (shingle)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 23 2016, 18:52

Shopping today to get plenty of salad items ... even the youngsters in the supermarket had started to complain about the continued hot, muggy weather Exclamation  

I have to say I sauntered and took even more time than usual Rolling Eyes it was so lovely and cool by the chilled cabinets Smile

Anyway dinner tonight ... yes, you've guessed ... it's salad

All the best Jan
    flower
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Jul 25 2016, 00:14

Oh yes I've been in the Co-Op to stand in front of the chiller cabinets and not buy anything before. I've had the Aircon on in the car, it doesn't seem to affect the fuel consumption as much as in my previous motor. Mind you, even driving with the windows and sunroof open reduces the fuel economy a bit.

I discovered a willow tree round the corner had been shredded in the storm, and there are bits of twig and branches down in a lot of places.

Yesterday was too hot to think but today I went for a gentle stroll on a common, looking at the heather all in flower, like the New Forest in miniature. I sat on three different seats catching some rays before coming home and mowing the lawn as it was starting to cloud over and cool down.

There were masses of swallows and martins all around, and I had no sooner thought "that'll attract a hobby!" when one flew directly overhead. It dipped down so close I could see its moustaches, as if to say "Can you get these damn swallows off my ass?" - they were actually chasing it and making it swerve and duck.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 27 2016, 09:36

Thank goodness ... some rain Smile

Perhaps no watering of bedding plants needed for some of us Exclamation

I'm sure Gordon the gnome's pleased !

lol!

Weather Redux - Page 4 SF_10414_A_375

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Jul 27 2016, 14:37

Jan1 wrote:
    Thank goodness ... some rain Smile

Perhaps no watering of bedding plants needed for some of us Exclamation

I'm sure Gordon the gnome's pleased !

lol!

Weather Redux - Page 4 SF_10414_A_375

All the best Jan

Maybe we could make Gordon a forum mod, he appears more animated than our two sleeping partners. One thing this forum could never be accused of, is heavy handed and power drunk mods. As for the Cherubs gulag the forum of flog, now that's a very different matter. Razz
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 19 2016, 12:35

Well, here we are it's the 19th of August and is it me?
    I find the nights are beginning to draw in and the thought of Autumn may be nearer than I first thought!

Particularly when we have a weather warning in place for certain parts of the UK this coming weekend  

Weather Redux - Page 4 Https%3A%2F%2Fnews.static.press.net%2Fv2%2Fimage%2Fproduction%2F62ee4ebd48f40598681d42ca3cfa2c10%2F2.3457028

Strong winds are set to batter Britain this weekend, bringing a blustery end to the recent sunny spell.

Gusts of around 60mph are expected along exposed coastlines with the South West and South East forecast to be worst affected.
    Campers and those hoping to enjoy their weekend outdoors have been warned to be careful amid "unseasonably strong" winds, and travellers are being warned of possible disruption to transport.

The conditions are expected to be accompanied by "heavy, blustery showers", the Met Office said.
    The forecaster has issued a yellow weather warning for southern parts of Wales, the West Midlands, the South East, South West and east of England, as winds inland are expected to reach 45mph.
    Temperatures are expected to drop from a high of 28C earlier this week to the low 20s or high teens in many parts.

Cornwall Council said emergency services officers will be on standby in case of problems including fallen trees and overturned vehicles.

Meteorologist Helen Roberts said: "It will feel quite chilly and noticeably cooler - there will be a noticeable change for just about everyone."
    Winds will peak on Saturday, with Sunday expected to see more settled conditions.

Ms Roberts added: "Winds will ease off but it will still be breezy, a bit wet and quite blustery in some places."

Words/picture from here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/08/18/strong-winds-set-to-sweep-away-sunny-spell-1/

It's a little showery at the moment ... what's it like where you are?

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Aug 19 2016, 21:57

Certainly a big change in the weather rained for most of the day and tomorrow looks like being the same Crying or Very sad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Aug 20 2016, 23:07

We had some trickles of rain, just enough that I STILL haven't needed to get the hose out, that has to be a record. It's been blowing up a hoolie but not as bad as in the west where someone was washed off the beach and drowned.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sat Aug 20 2016, 23:32

chris c wrote:We had some trickles of rain, just enough that I STILL haven't needed to get the hose out, that has to be a record. It's been blowing up a hoolie but not as bad as in the west where someone was washed off the beach and drowned.

Yes it was blowing a gale up my way thankfully things have quietened down now, hopefully tomorrow will bring some respite it's been feeling more like autumn than summer
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Aug 23 2016, 22:24

But not for long! I didn't go for a walk today as much as a hobble, I was exhausted and soaked in sweat. There was a time when I used to love the heat, now I'm finding it as bad as the cold.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Aug 24 2016, 17:16

Certainly HOT today ... the car temperature gauge said 35 !!! Thank goodness for air conditioning Smile

Definitely a salad for tonight's meal

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 16 2016, 11:37

AND THEN THE RAIN CAME DOWN !

AND DOWN !

AND DOWN !

Wow, what a night of weather, and looking at the news a lot of people have been affected

How was it where you are?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 22:14