THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Weather Redux

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Weather Redux - Page 6 Empty Re: Weather Redux

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 11 2017, 11:20

Have to say the weather forecast is not looking good for these next few days Evil or Very Mad
    Off out later to get a few LCHF supplies in !
    Hope your part of the world may escape the arctic blast Smile

Weather Redux - Page 6 513908000_3ca4113ad5_o_custom-8eb35824aa975c21360a46d8e0bcdbb6728c9129-s800-c85

It was a shame to read about this Iconic Sequoia 'Tunnel Tree' being Brought Down By California Storm

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/09/508919216/iconic-sequoia-tunnel-tree-brought-down-by-california-storm

"A powerful winter storm in California has brought down an ancient tree, carved into a living tunnel more than a century ago.

The "Pioneer Cabin Tree," a sequoia in Calaveras Big Trees State Park, saw horses and cars pass through it over the years. More recently, only hikers were allowed to walk through the massive tree.

Over the weekend, a powerful winter storm slammed into California and Nevada, prompting flooding and mudslides in some regions. The Associated Press reports it might be the biggest storm to hit the region in more than a decade.

On Sunday, a volunteer at the state park reported that Pioneer Cabin had not survived.

"The storm was just too much for it," the Calaveras Big Tree Association"

Stay safe, keep warm

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jan 11 2017, 23:10

Ping Graham, you OK? Saw some news reports about the storm Oop North.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jan 12 2017, 21:46

We've seen some light snow this evening ... glad I'm indoors!

I did read earlier that some folks on the East coast were being asked to leave their homes ...

"Preparations are being made ahead of a predicted storm surge in the east of England, as severe flood warnings are put in place by the Environment Agency.
    High tides and gales are expected to bring disruption along the east coast overnight on Thursday and on Friday.
    The "severe" categorisation means the agency is warning of "danger to life".
    About 100 soldiers have been sent to Lincolnshire to help issue door-to-door warnings, while the Essex village of Jaywick is set to be evacuated.
    In a statement about the evacuation, Essex's fire service said: "Police officers will be calling at addresses in Jaywick from 4pm this afternoon to advise people that a full evacuation plan will be implemented starting at 7am on Friday.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-38593857

Stay safe and warm everyone

All the best Jan
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Jan 13 2017, 07:41

Looks like you will lose a little more cliff this pm, Chris. Hope all ok.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 13 2017, 21:21

We're far enough inland not to be affected though the river might back up a bit and the A12 may be closed for a while at the top of the estuary which last happened a few years back. Hopefully the flood won't go over the seawall into Minsmere or too many other reserves. Sod Great Yarmuff, it needs a wash!

So far we just had some snow which melted during the day, not as much as threatened. Damn cold though.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Jan 13 2017, 22:38

We seem to have got away lightly had some snow overnight, had a podiatry appointment at 10am this morning really expected to be scraping ice off the car wind screen but the snow had melted and cleared easily  Very Happy

Rest of the day has been cold but mainly sunny and dry
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jan 14 2017, 23:42

Yeah not as bad here as they predicted, though it might have been if the wind changed direction. I went out to Walberswick and the river had been over and flooded some of the watermeadows - which is what they're there for - and apparently it came up quite high but no higher in the village, no damage done.

Huge breakers still rolling in and some surfers at play. Brilliant sunshine but a biting wind, temp according to the car between 3 and 5 C. Felt a bit less though. I don't mind a bit of wind chill if the sun is shining.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Jan 20 2017, 21:58

First day in over a week that the gloom has lifted and the sun has shone for most of the day  sunny it's not been cold either that's on the cards for tomorrow expecting temperatures to dip below zero by night
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jan 22 2017, 21:15

Given the choice I'd rather the sun and the cold than the gloom. Though today was a bit over the top, there was frost all day in places where the sun didn't shine.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 22 2017, 21:37

chris c wrote:Given the choice I'd rather the sun and the cold than the gloom. Though today was a bit over the top, there was frost all day in places where the sun didn't shine.

After a couple of reasonable days with a fair amount of sunshine the cold and gloom is back Saturday and today has been made worse with a bitterly cold wind. at midday the temp in my car was showing just three degrees (not the group Laughing ) definitely not walking weather  brrr
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jan 24 2017, 23:51

It is if you walk fast enough! It's a bugger when you stop still though, I was starting to lose all feeling in my feet standing around chatting. I was almost tempted to eat a Belvita. No, not really obviously, some Macadamia nuts though, and I even had an anatomically correct (ie small) portion of quinoa with my pheasant stir-fry, mainly to soak up the fats and juices so they didn't go to waste, or need so much washing up!

Rest of the week is not looking so good though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jan 25 2017, 18:51

It's the fog that is the worst ... added to that the frost, out earlier today and driving very carefully - thankfully the other drivers were too.

At this time of year I much prefer a cold day with blue sky and sunshine ...

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jan 25 2017, 21:27

Jan1 wrote:It's the fog that is the worst ... added to that the frost, out earlier today and driving very carefully - thankfully the other drivers were too.

At this time of year I much prefer a cold day with blue sky and sunshine ...

All the best Jan

We had a cold sunny day but the wind added a chill factor, tomorrow is set to be even colder with temperature forecast to be 2 centigrade at best  brrr
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jan 27 2017, 00:02

Yeah we're back to fog, cold and gloom so I'm catching up on Twitter and hibernation.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 29 2017, 12:48

Umbrella's and wellington boots needed today !!!
    The grand-kids love it. Watch those puddles !!!
    Too late as they grin and say 'that was a good one'

Splash bounce

I'm sure the ducks are liking it too -

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jan 29 2017, 23:11

There was a little kid all dressed up in a waterproof romper suit and wellies jumping joyfully into the puddles when I was at Walberswick.

Mother used to remind me that I used to jump onto autumn leaves and say "tush!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 09:31