THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Weather Redux

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Weather Redux - Page 5 Empty Re: Weather Redux

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 16 2016, 22:04

Jan1 wrote:
    AND THEN THE RAIN CAME DOWN !

AND DOWN !

AND DOWN !

Wow, what a night of weather, and looking at the news a lot of people have been affected

How was it where you are?

All the best Jan

Beautiful day here sunshine sunny  less humid and pleasantly warm
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Sep 18 2016, 22:19

It finally rained quite a lot, but no worse than that here. Thank god the heat has broken, I suspect it was reacting badly with my thyroid as I was getting totally exhausted but strangely unable to sleep, and then when I finally did get to sleep I couldn't wake up again. I'm a bit less exhausted now but still I think I'll have to Get Someone In with a strimmer, or a machete, to deal with the jungle that used to be a garden. If the rain makes it start growing again I'm emigrating.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 23 2016, 11:21

Autumn is in the air ...

Weather Redux - Page 5 Autumn%2Bfall-arrangement-ceramic-jug-1

Enjoy your day

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 26 2016, 13:36

Even our grand-daughters favourite Winnie The Pooh is getting in on the act!

It's Autumn
    oops walk with care !

Weather Redux - Page 5 Winniethepoohgiphy

All the best Jan
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 26 2016, 21:03

"Winnie The Pooh" Jeez, what happened to this forum. affraid From hard hitting low carb Hezbollah to Winnie The Pooh. No wonder the place has gone to the dogs. rofl
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 28 2016, 20:26

Dogs are low carb
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 18 2016, 18:20

Oh the weather outside may be ... like this

Weather Redux - Page 5 2.29129330

Met Office issues weather warnings as 'thundersnow' causes travel chaos

or you may only have grey skies, but its certainly turned a lot colder

whatever the weather is like where you are.
    keep warm
    keep safe

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Nov 18 2016, 22:13

"Good drying weather" here, ie. an arctic blast but the sun was out. I was thinking the snow had come early but actually it's halfway through November. It's only in recent decades that it doesn't arrive until February or so.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Nov 20 2016, 12:32

Well, are you ok after Storm Angus?
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/barometer/uk-storm-centre/storm-angus

Perhaps you are still experiencing trouble?

We just had very heavy rain overnight - but some may not have been as fortunate.

Certainly bought down a few more leaves, and boy they are rather soggy now Exclamation

Take care all ...

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Nov 20 2016, 21:30

Friday was a wash out here a mixture rain, sleet and hail all day, Saturday was a whiteout hailstones on and off most of the day, thankfully today has been far better dry with some sun sunny  remaining cold though.  brrr
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Nov 20 2016, 23:34

Not nearly as bad as we were expecting here. It rained a lot and blew a lot (probably why my sleep was a bit disturbed) but amazingly the oak trees I can see out the back are still in almost full leaf, just a bit more ginger than they were. There are even some leaves left on my apple tree though some of the others finally got blown off.

I didn't go anywhere to see if there was any damage elsewhere. Yes I'm driving carefully at the moment, some of the roads may be a bit slippy from the leaves, and though I realise this the eejit coming the other way might not.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 21 2016, 16:58

I had to go out earlier today, and drove very carefully ... the rain was heavy and the water on the roads was unbelievable!

I was fortunate in getting there and back with no delays - doesn't happen to all commuters, many faced difficulties this morning I understand.

Take care on the roads folks ...

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Nov 21 2016, 22:14

The weather in the south has finally reached us up here strong winds and constant heavy rain  :rain:luckily I didn't need to go out today will need to check out the fencing panels tomorrow though
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Tue Nov 22 2016, 19:08

Hi,
    We went south on saturday am and tried the A66 although Radio Cumbria said it was closed. They had cleared it when we got to Brough but they did have four snow ploughs on the Cumbrian side. Six inches of snow at the top it looked really Christmassy. We came back monday am and missed the worst of the weather, Hartside Pass from Penrith to Alston was blocked later in the day by drifting snow, apparently abandoned cars caused problems clearing it today. Wouldn't want a decent car to be pushed out the way with a snow plough however skilled its driver! Smile
    Derek
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Tue Nov 22 2016, 22:26

Derek wrote:Hi,
    We went south on saturday am and tried the A66 although Radio Cumbria said it was closed.  They had cleared it when we got to Brough but they did have four snow ploughs on the Cumbrian side. Six inches of snow at the top it looked really Christmassy.  We came back monday am and missed the worst of the weather, Hartside Pass from Penrith to Alston was blocked later in the day by drifting snow, apparently abandoned cars caused problems clearing it today.   Wouldn't want a decent car to be pushed out the way with a snow plough however skilled its driver! Smile
    Derek

Thankfully though the weather has been awful we did not get the snow like you Derek, that said weather forecasters are predicting a bad winter Long-range forecast warns of Winter 2016 BIG FREEZE
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Nov 24 2016, 21:32

So far so good . . .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Nov 25 2016, 18:24

Our weather can be so changeable and can provide many a moment talking about it ... or so I find.

Take for example yesterday, in a queue with four others and for some reason one person happened to mention how windy it was, and before you know it four strangers were discussing the weather ...

Today was such a lovely sunny day, blue sky and wonderful Autumn colours ... a marvelous day to be outside, provided you had a warm coat on!

I'm just hoping the weekend weather will be good Smile

Hope the weather where you are has been good ...

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Nov 25 2016, 22:41

Jan1 wrote:Our weather can be so changeable and can provide many a moment talking about it ... or so I find.

Take for example yesterday, in a queue with four others and for some reason one person happened to mention how windy it was, and before you know it four strangers were discussing the weather ...

Today was such a lovely sunny day, blue sky and wonderful Autumn colours ... a marvelous day to be outside, provided you had a warm coat on!

I'm just hoping the weekend weather will be good Smile

Hope the weather where you are has been good ...

All the best Jan

Same here today Jan wall to wall sunshine  sunny a light breeze made for a really pleasant day and as I was in town for the scan I got a bit of Christmas shopping done too.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Nov 26 2016, 23:25

Less windy today but a bit more cloud.

A magnificent sunset from my back window.

Last edited by chris c on Sat Nov 26 2016, 23:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pressed wrong tit)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 28 2016, 16:55

Following on from Chris's comment about sunsets ...

Yes, I can remember a wonderful sunset Saturday, late afternoon, because I was talking to a lovely gentleman from our local hospice. He was out volunteering and sensibly had a wonderful woolly hat on, which I commented to him was colourful and sensible. It was a chilly afternoon and this lovely gentleman spends a lot of time in his wheelchair ... he was telling me the difference it makes to how warm he feels just by the addition of his Christmas Hat. He went on to comment to me about how lovely the sun was setting and I agreed with him - the pinks, purples and every shade in-between, it was a lovely sight.

Onto today, Monday and what a great day with some wonderful sunshine and clear blue skies ... it was glorious sunny

However, there are strong warnings for some cold, cold nights to come.

Oh well it will soon be the last day of November affraid
    This year has gone by much too quickly.

Keep warm

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Nov 29 2016, 00:15

Oh bless!

Less spectacular today, too cloudy but the sun did burst through above the reedbeds for a while (I was at Minsmere) and the air was really really clear, which portends badly for the frost. Have you seen the stars recently? It takes me back to childhood, looking up at the winter sky, Orion's Belt, the Pleiades, the Plough, Sirius and the odd planet shining bright. I used to use my binoculars. My old man built an astronomical telescope good enough to see the moons of Jupiter, the Andromeda Nebula and the like. By the time we left Surrey you could hardly see any of this through the pollution, and when I brought mother on holiday here and we walked back from the pub over the village green the contrast was striking, there were as many stars as I remembered from fifty years earlier.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Dec 07 2016, 20:49

Just an observation ...

Warmer weather today and out and about there seemed some unusual cloud formations, it must mean something, but I've no idea what !!!

Different shapes and ripplings - it may have been a mackerel sky?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Dec 07 2016, 21:54

Ever notice that if you look at the sky for long enough you always see a cloud that looks like Margaret Thatcher?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 20 2016, 19:13

Oh dear as if we didn't have enough Christmas joy and cheer ... with this weeks various industrial action/strikes!

Now we have this to consider

"Warning for Christmas travellers as Storm Barbara set to bring heavy rain"

Britain faces being battered by torrential rain and gale-force winds over the Christmas period, the Met Office has warned.
    Forecasters have predicted winds of up to 90mph will gust through northern and western parts of Scotland, including Inverness and Fort William, on Friday and have issued an amber "be prepared" weather warning.
    A Met Office spokesman said: "Travel disruptions will affect people travelling within the yellow and amber warning area as major disruption to bridges and travel networks is expected."
    The unsettled weather is expected to hit travel networks including rail, road and air services.
    Chris Tubbs, deputy chief meteorologist at the Met Office, said: "Storm Barbara is forecast to form in the west Atlantic on Wednesday and will pass close to the north-west of the UK during Friday, bringing very strong winds and heavy rain.
    "This brings the potential for some structural damage, disruption to power supplies and travel, with restrictions on bridges and disruption to ferries likely."

more here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/12/20/warning-for-christmas-travellers-as-storm-barbara-set-to-bring-h/

All the best Jan
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Tue Dec 20 2016, 19:45

Jan1 wrote:Oh dear as if we didn't have enough Christmas joy and cheer ... with this weeks various industrial action/strikes!

Now we have this to consider

"Warning for Christmas travellers as Storm Barbara set to bring heavy rain"

Britain faces being battered by torrential rain and gale-force winds over the Christmas period, the Met Office has warned.
    Forecasters have predicted winds of up to 90mph will gust through northern and western parts of Scotland, including Inverness and Fort William, on Friday and have issued an amber "be prepared" weather warning.
    A Met Office spokesman said: "Travel disruptions will affect people travelling within the yellow and amber warning area as major disruption to bridges and travel networks is expected."
    The unsettled weather is expected to hit travel networks including rail, road and air services.
    Chris Tubbs, deputy chief meteorologist at the Met Office, said: "Storm Barbara is forecast to form in the west Atlantic on Wednesday and will pass close to the north-west of the UK during Friday, bringing very strong winds and heavy rain.
    "This brings the potential for some structural damage, disruption to power supplies and travel, with restrictions on bridges and disruption to ferries likely."

more here
    http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/12/20/warning-for-christmas-travellers-as-storm-barbara-set-to-bring-h/

All the best Jan

Have been running our 6KVA diesel alternator today and tomorrow I will be getting the Jerry cans filled in case we lose the supply, as we can at this time of year.   D.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 12:25