Looking for a tasty change ... why not try some baked pepperoni. It makes spicy, crisp shells for sautéed veggies topped with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella. Read on for the recipe ...
4.5g carb per serving
12 deli sliced sandwich-size pepperoni (about 3 inches across)
1/4 cup minced green peppers
3/4 cup minced yellow onion, divided into three portions
1/4 cup minced mushrooms
1/4 cup minced broccoli
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 cup grated whole milk mozzarella
3 tbsp. minced fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. / 200°C. / Gas Mark 6
2. To prepare pepperoni cups, cut two one-inch slits on opposite sides of each slice of pepperoni, and push slices into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 2 minutes, until edges are crisp.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. Place pepperoni cups on absorbent paper. Wipe extra oil from muffin tins.
4. Sauté onions and pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and sauté onions and mushrooms, until soft. Remove from pan, and sauté onions and broccoli.
5. Return cups to muffin tins, and fill four with onion and peppers. Fill four with mushroom mixture, and four with broccoli mixture. Cover each with 1 tsp of tomato sauce. Divide cheese among the cups.
6. Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve immediately.
If you are having a party or family get-together ... just double the ingredients!
From an original idea herehttp://dlife.com/recipes/pepperoni-pizza-bites/
All the best Jan