THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
zand
Andy12345
Mrs Vimes
mo1905
8 posters

Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish  Empty Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 12 2015, 21:15

Muslims have featured big time in the news over the last few days. Don't fall for the BS, you have more chance of being struck by lightning than being killed by a Muslim fanatical terrorist. The Policeman that was shot in the head in Paris was a Muslim. In the Jewish food shop a Black Muslim hid Jews in a fridge to save them.

I have lived and worked amongst Muslims all my life and never a minutes grief. Across the hallway from our flat lives a Muslim, his shoes are always left outside his front door on the mat. You could not meet a more friendly and polite man. This is all about controlling the average Joe. More security and surveillance cameras, our emails read and telephone tapped. This is all about the politics of fear.

All the Muslims I know want a peaceful life, to prosper and improve their standard of living, to see their children do better than them. Does that sound like you or me? In my life I have seen property for rent with signs saying no Blacks or Irish. It seems there always has to be a minority to hate, meanwhile the real villains are getting away with murder literately, the likes or Bankers, Politicians and big Pharma and junk food.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish  Empty Re: Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish

Post by mo1905 Mon Jan 12 2015, 21:35

I agree it has been blown out of all proportion, bit like Ebola in my opinion. The Muslim angle is pretty much irrelevant. They could be Catholic, CofE or any other religion. These people are fanatics and evil. It is scary purely down to the randomness of it all and how easy it is. The real problem is giving them so much media attention. It's what they crave and it's what motivates others. If I were inclined, I could go down to London with a weapon and wipe out some random passers by. That's the problem. It's nigh on impossible to prevent these lone wolf fanatics.
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish  Empty Re: Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish

Post by Mrs Vimes Mon Jan 12 2015, 21:39

You are right. Some people are not happy if they can't blame someone else for their problems. And it is all bullshit. I loved the response of the Australians #I'll ride with you.
    The normal, every day Muslims must live in fear every time something like this happens because of the possibility of reprisals. That's an awful way to live.
    I have taught children who happen to be Muslim. The majority of them were respectful, hardworking and focussed. A joy to teach. Their parents also lovely to work with.
    I saw the Sunday programme with a studio debate about religion and humanists. What cracked me up was a reply by a humanist (I think) something along the lines of 'let's see how many Christians we can name who have murdered in the name of God'.
    If they had tried the programme would still be filming today.
    Treat others as you want to be treated- I think that is present in most religious scripts in one form or another. And most people without a religion also follow something along those lines.
    You just know that there are idiots who will use this as an excuse to persecute someone.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 12 2015, 21:55

I lived as many others did in London during the IRA's campaigns of indiscriminate murder and mayhem. It changed nothing, no one changed their habits one iota. Fortunately common sense prevailed.  

Although she was dying Mo Mowlam made a fantastic contribution to the peace that is being enjoyed in Northern Ireland. Compromises big time, by many had to be made, but until the hate stops nothing can be achieved. Trouble is, there is a huge amount of money to be made from hate.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:17

Hmmmm...

There are groups of Muslims terrorising the world, terrorising us, all in the name of Islam, and I am not supposed to fear Muslims? They don't wear uniforms, they look like every other Muslim of worse like any other person on the street, if you want to blame someone for the ill treatment of the everyday peace loving Muslim, blame the Muslims causing this to happen

I actually think Muslims have a point, and black people and every other people's around the world that we slaughtered throughout our past, I don't blame them for being pissed off

But the fear I have of Muslim is the fault of Muslims plain and simple

They feel like we felt during the crusades, that our religion is the only religion and it's valid to hate and kill anyone that isn't part of their religion, thankfully we progressed beyond that as I'm sure in 500 years they will

We still benefit from the atrocities we did in India and all over the world today and they know this, we don't talk about but I'm sure they do, if the uninvited Iraqi army was dropping bombs on London id probly be strapping myself up and going to Baghdad
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:25

eddie1 wrote: It seems there always has to be a minority to hate.  

Yep, it happens everywhere, doesn't it?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:39

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." Mahatma Gandhi
    I've always liked that quote.

Through the eyes of children most of them just want to play and get along - as we get older our judgement / views can change, and adults do 'force' their views on the young.

There are many questions that need answers. Talking to each other can and does help but it takes time and patience.

Another quote I like is from Malala Yousafzai "One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world. Education is the only solution, education first. We can fight war through dialogue, peace and education."

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:47

I think we are a millions years away from the Star Trek idillic world ghandi is a part of, human nature is to segregate, I wish for the Star Trek years too but don't hold your breath, I think we will destroy our planet long before we learn to get along, here's hoping
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:02

"But the fear I have of Muslim is the fault of Muslims plain and simple" Andy are you trying to kid me you go to bed at night fearing Muslims, a hairy arsed old slugger like you, don't make me larf.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:55

Hell yes, every time I see a bloke wearing a gown or a beard and looking Muslim it crosses my mind are they a terrorist, is that not the whole intension of the fanatics? Well it's worked on me! Am I actually afraid? No but it makes me suspicious and untrusting, is that racism?? I don't know, I don't feel racist, I don't think me or my race is superior in any way so I don't think I'm racist, but recent times has made me dislike the feelings of being in the presence of Muslims, my niece married a Muslim from Iraq, he's a lovely bloke in everyway, do I think he's a terrorist?.... Yes I think it's possible, it must be a form of racism but I can't help it, I have told him (lol not sure what he thought about it, as a stunned silence followed lol) now if I'm racist it is down to recent events because I never used to feel like this, so yes I fear Muslims, for all our sakes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 13 2015, 00:30

Andy12345 wrote:Hell yes, every time I see a bloke wearing a gown or a beard and looking Muslim it crosses my mind are they a terrorist, is that not the whole intension of the fanatics? Well it's worked on me! Am I actually afraid? No but it makes me suspicious and untrusting, is that racism?? I don't know, I don't feel racist, I don't think me or my race is superior in any way so I don't think I'm racist, but recent times has made me dislike the feelings of being in the presence of Muslims, my niece married a Muslim from Iraq, he's a lovely bloke in everyway, do I think he's a terrorist?.... Yes I think it's possible, it must be a form of racism but I can't help it, I have told him (lol not sure what he thought about it, as a stunned silence followed lol) now if I'm racist it is down to recent events because I never used to feel like this, so yes I fear Muslims, for all our sakes

Jeez Andy have you gone batshit? I have spoken to you on the phone and you always seamed a highly on the ball guy to me. Think on these quotes from you.

"my niece married a Muslim from Iraq, he's a lovely bloke in everyway, do I think he's a terrorist?.... Yes I think it's possible" and "so yes I fear Muslims, for all our sakes"

Get a grip mate!

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 13 2015, 07:13

lol, i have a grip on my reality Smile

sorry if it dosent suit you...

.....i was lying when i said sorry Suspect
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Tue Jan 13 2015, 10:20

I think there are at least two things going on here that are getting mixed up.

One is that obviously the jihadists are Muslims and are motivated by their views of their religion. Most Muslims however are not jihadists and to say all Muslims are is as foolish as saying all Catholics were IRA members.

The other thing is it is absolutely ok to speak out very strongly against the jihadists and to criticize and harass them; that is not a form of prejudice that is a necessity for the preservation of an enlightened society. It is not ok however to say, as above, that just by being Muslim you are a jihadist.

Best

Dillinger
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Tue Jan 13 2015, 13:32

im not anti muslim or anti anything else, i don't think all muslims are jihadists, i feel bad that they are being clumped together with the extremists, and no i don't think my nieces husband is a jihadist lol

the problem is, its possible that he is, how would we know? how would we know that an irish person isn't a member of the IRA? so we have to give them the benefit of the doubt yes

thats all fine, but how do you control fearing the normal peace loving muslims? if born again christians were bombing people or shooting people i would fear born again christians, its not a matter of race or which religion.

not all muslims are jihadists but all jihadists are muslims, as i can't tell the difference I'm afraid its hard to separate them, is that my fault? no its the fault of the jihadists muslims that are doing theses terrible things, its not me that is to blame, its the jihadists doing these things in the name of their fellow muslims

for example if i worked at a newspaper that did cartoons featuring whatever the hell they don't like, and a dude wearing traditional muslim clothing walked into the building, would i be wrong to worry? does it make me racist to worry? if not a newspaper an airport? big ben etc etc

the point is we have jihadists muslims running around the world killing innocent people, I'm not petrol bombing mosques, I'm not doing anything but fearing and distrusting the particular section of the community that contains folks that are doing this, is that anti muslim? ok fine I'm anti muslim

if i was walking late at night and ahead saw a group of young fellas looking suspicious, lets say they are all white, and I'm in fear of getting mugged, what am i, anti white? they might be the nicest group of people ever to walk the earth but i fear and distrust them.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 13 2015, 14:00

Total bullshit and all this anti Muslim rubbish  Daily-cartoon20150113

Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Tue Jan 13 2015, 15:03

While I don't think we should be discussing this at all on a diabetes/diet forum, I am going to take a moment to support Andy.  I live in rural England and probably rarely see a muslim, but ten or so years ago, my work took me to London on a very regular basis.  I was there on 7/7.  Saw nothing, heard nothing, but it was a frightening day.  Stood in central London, unable to get to my meeting, couldn't get home (all stations closed), lots of rumours, couldn't make phone calls.  "Buses are being blown up".  Was it a dirty bomb?  A few days later, I was back on the Underground again and a group of young muslim people got on, carrying rather large back-packs and, very briefly and very quietly, my internal panic alarm went off.  This was totally stupid, because they were just students on their way to college and I soon got over it.  

In my defence, my reaction was no different to that of someone who has just been stung by a wasp (painful!), having a moment of alarm when a bee flies into the room.  None of this is either racist or wasp-ist, simply the brain running a check list and evaluating what it sees against past experience. The point is, not to over react.

On a slightly different aspect of the subject, Andy wrote, "a dude wearing traditional muslim clothing walked into the building, would i be wrong to worry?".  Yes.  As far as I know.  The husband of a friend, who, I suspect, works in some aspect of intelligence, said you don't worry when a man has a long beard and a tunic, it's when someone suddenly makes themselves look western again, that alarm bells ring.  

As for being wasp-ist, they can't do you for it, so enjoy.  I expect Zand picks them up and carries them out.
    Sally

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 09:14