THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Another Total Warrior

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Another Total Warrior Empty Another Total Warrior

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Aug 20 2014, 20:58

Have just noticed that the Total Warrior (Leeds) is 27th June 2015 by a strange twist of fate guess what day my birthday is so as a 53yr old giving myself a birthday present guess what l am going to be doing on 27th June 2015 and if the answer is wallowing in mud then you guessed correctly  sunny  Very Happy 

Will also enter the lakes one in August as l want to beat my time and welllll l dunno keeping an open mind on things but Mudsticle is a good site if anyone wants to try some OCR l am not sure l wont do more  Laughing
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Another Total Warrior Empty Re: Another Total Warrior

Post by Andy12345 Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:00

wow, lol thats very cool Smile and what a great way to spend a birthday, birthdays these days are non events so that sounds like a great idea and a great way to motivate for some fitness pain, you rock!
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:05

Thanks Andy l am using it as an excuse l have never been into birthdays, Xmas etc, they come each year so why get excited over them so never bother. My parents and Brian's mum the only ones l buy/bought stuff for at Xmas and Birthdays but l felt this was to good an excuse to pass up, l love a good excuse to do something  flower 
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:07

Looks brilliant, how far is the course ? Looks similar to Tough Mudder ?
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:16

10km and 30 obstacles the lakes l walked so now working on my running to improve my time it was 3hrs 19mins l missed about 4 which were walls and l would like to have a go at takcling them. my PT says l have to build upper body strength.

The Sunday ones are 10 miles with same obstacles and the extra is as fell running as opposed to more obstacles.

l was sort of trying the running training before but hated it. Now l know what's involved l shall have something to build on, by the same token a lot of stress is off because l know l can do it walking if l need. I don't like running so it is somehow easier not HAVING to do so but doing it because l want to if that makes sense?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Aug 20 2014, 21:18

Makes perfect sense. I would now try to run a little, then walk, and build from there. Mind you, even walking the whole thing looks like a great workout and good fun. As for the walls, it's not all about upper body strength, there is technique with that too ! Well done, Mo

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26 2014, 19:24

Mud Island Dweller wrote:10km and 30 obstacles the lakes l walked so now working on my running to improve my time it was 3hrs 19mins l missed about 4 which were walls and l would like to have a go at takcling them. my PT says l have to build upper body strength.

The Sunday ones are 10 miles with same obstacles and the extra is as fell running as opposed to more obstacles.

l was sort of trying the running training before but hated it. Now l know what's involved l shall have something to build on, by the same token a lot of stress is off because l know l can do it walking if l need. I don't like running so it is somehow easier not HAVING to do so but doing it because l want to if that makes sense?
    hi mud , what a great thing to do on your birthday , have a lot of fun .....it sounds really good..
    Best wishes. Kat
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Tue Aug 26 2014, 19:45

Thanks Kat :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Aug 26 2014, 19:50

Kat100 wrote:
    Mud Island Dweller wrote:10km and 30 obstacles the lakes l walked so now working on my running to improve my time it was 3hrs 19mins l missed about 4 which were walls and l would like to have a go at takcling them. my PT says l have to build upper body strength.

hi mud , what a great thing to do on your birthday , have a lot of fun .....it sounds really good..

Best wishes. Kat

Not my 'cup of tea' but it's good we all like different things.
    I know many enjoy this type of race / running.

I certainly wish you ......

All the best Jan
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Aug 29 2014, 22:01

l just booked my 53rd birthday treat .. leeds total warrior 10am wave Very Happy
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 08:40

Mud Island Dweller wrote:l just booked my 53rd birthday treat .. leeds total warrior 10am wave Very Happy

Good luck ! We'll need some pics as proof ;-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 12:34