THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+7
Eddie
sanguine
Jan1
zand
Karen
Andy12345
Paul1976
11 posters

Check In and Chat - January 2015

Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Check In and Chat - January 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Check In and Chat - January 2015

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Jan 31 2015, 11:04

Andy12345 wrote:ewwww slugs are my phobia Sad

creatures from hell Evil or Very Mad

not because they eat plants (as i don't have any) because they surround dog poo in the park feasting ewwwwwww

Noooooo!!!! There shouldn't be any dog poo lying in the park!!!
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Check In and Chat - January 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Check In and Chat - January 2015

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Jan 31 2015, 11:08

zand wrote:My hubby just likes to chop things down and pull them up when I have planted them.  He likes everything to be square.  Then when I finally taught him that flowers are not for pulling up a family of deer started to frequent our garden.  They like pretty flowers, particularly red ones  Rolling Eyes I don't plant many flowers now but I do enjoy seeing the deer from time to time.  I'm sure the one we called Aston died though Sad

Perhaps you could introduce him to square foot gardening. Lots of squares and optimum crops. Win-win.

Poor Aston Crying or Very sad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Jan 31 2015, 11:15

I grew potatoes last year which was enjoyable. To be honest, the time and effort involved doesn't make it very cost effective but you do get quite a smug feeling bringing into the house and cooking something you grew yourself. I didn't eat them but the kids loved them.
    This year I will be attempting swede.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 31 2015, 12:49

If you have the garden and can grow home grown veg you can't beat them for taste. Home grown runner beans, lettuce for instance. How about home grown celeriac or dare I mention spaghetti squash - wonder how Randburgs is doing?

Does anyone remember the hunt for this on another thread?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Jan 31 2015, 12:51

I interrupt the gardening talk to bring you .......

Tennis ! Serena Williams beat Maria Sharapova to win her sixth Australian Open and 19th Grand Slam title.

The American world number one served superbly to win a pulsating final 6-3 7-6 (7-5) after Sharapova fought back in the second set.

There now you know ............ lol!

Anyway back to gardening perhaps?

All the best Jan
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:33

I can only watch ladies tennis with the mute on.

Off topic: This Big Brother stuff can be both creepy and useful. I just opened my Tesco Clubcard statement. They have sent me vouchers for double cream, eggs and cauliflower. They know me so well!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Jan 31 2015, 16:38

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:I can only watch ladies tennis with the mute on.

Off topic: This Big Brother stuff can be both creepy and useful.  I just opened my Tesco Clubcard statement.  They have sent me vouchers for double cream, eggs and cauliflower.  They know me so well!

LOL!! I get loads like that too,Kerrygold butter,creamfields double cream,FAGE total etc...Especially if I haven't shopped there for a while and an alarm goes off at their head office! I also get a few 'Booze' related tokens-What are they implying?! lol!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Jan 31 2015, 17:00

lol. I get them too, for sweets and coke and crisps.....and then I know my son has lost his clubcard again and is putting points on mine! "I'll eat low carb with you Mum" Yeh, right! Rolling Eyes
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:24

Has a anyone seen the "clash of clans" ad on tv? Quality!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 11:44