THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Jan1
sanguine
zand
mo1905
Sally
9 posters

World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast

Sally
    Sally

World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast Empty World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast

Post by Sally Thu Nov 13 2014, 16:39

“Elsewhere” on the internet, I’ve just been reading, under “Diabetic News” an item headlined “World Diabetes Day urges healthy breakfast to start day”.  What an excellent idea, I thought, and clicked on it, to find a large illustration of a glass of fresh orange juice, a glass of milk and a pile of crumpets or pancakes, with what looked a bit like syrup drizzled over them.  Moving on to the text,  I am quickly advised that cereals and toast “may” cause blood sugar levels to rise.  Not “will”, “may”.  Toast and a bowl of cornflakes might just be fine then?  

No need for questions, further down we are reassured that those clever scientists have been busy on our behalf, “This is where research can improve your health and your diabetes – choosing low sugar, high fibre cereals, wholegrain bread ……… much healthier breakfast options”.

So, three cheers for World Diabetes on Lots of Drugs Day, hip hip …….

Sally
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast Empty Re: World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast

Post by zand Thu Nov 13 2014, 16:47

Oh This sort of thing just makes me want to scream!! I'm struggling to find polite words, so I'll go now. I just wanted to say.....I agree with you sally! Aaaarrrggghhh!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 13 2014, 16:49

A man I have great respect for Dr. Malcolm Kendrick says this, if only all Doctors had his courage and brains.

“The reality is that over the years, and around the world we have killed literally millions of diabetics by advising them to eat a high-carb diet and avoid fats. Only now is it being recognised that previous advice was and remains useless, dangerous and scientifically illiterate"
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 13 2014, 16:54

Shocked
    Sally wrote:“Elsewhere” on the internet, I’ve just been reading, under “Diabetic News” an item headlined “World Diabetes Day urges healthy breakfast to start day”.  What an excellent idea, I thought, and clicked on it, to find a large illustration of a glass of fresh orange juice, a glass of milk and a pile of crumpets or pancakes, with what looked a bit like syrup drizzled over them.  Moving on to the text,  I am quickly advised that cereals and toast “may” cause blood sugar levels to rise.  Not “will”, “may”.  Toast and a bowl of cornflakes might just be fine then?  

No need for questions, further down we are reassured that those clever scientists have been busy on our behalf, “This is where research can improve your health and your diabetes – choosing low sugar, high fibre cereals, wholegrain bread ……… much healthier breakfast options”.

Sally

Shocked ( I couldn't find a "face palm" smilie lol ! Perhaps they should rename it "Let's Give the World Diabetes Day"
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 13 2014, 16:55

Yep Mo, that's what they want, what they really really want. affraid
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:08

mo1905 wrote: Shocked
    Sally wrote:“Elsewhere” on the internet, I’ve just been reading, under “Diabetic News” an item headlined “World Diabetes Day urges healthy breakfast to start day”.  What an excellent idea, I thought, and clicked on it, to find a large illustration of a glass of fresh orange juice, a glass of milk and a pile of crumpets or pancakes, with what looked a bit like syrup drizzled over them.  Moving on to the text,  I am quickly advised that cereals and toast “may” cause blood sugar levels to rise.  Not “will”, “may”.  Toast and a bowl of cornflakes might just be fine then?  

Sally

Shocked ( I couldn't find a "face palm" smilie lol ! Perhaps they should rename it "Let's Give the World Diabetes Day"

I've added one just for you Mo! facepalm Very Happy
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 17:48

Sally

freakout freakout I'm sure this will go down 'Favourably' elsewhere but good lord they either want us all dead before 65 to reduce the welfare bill or they want everyone on Insulin regardless of type so they can say "Well we did all we could including placing the patient on Insulin therapy so Mr/Mrs X's complications and early death must be due to non compliance with the current healthy eating guidelines..." The HCP's are covered,big pharma is happy and so is the junk health food industry...Win-Win for all...except us! No
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:03

Also that toast and cereal *can* (can?) contain carbs.

I've just posted on that item, I wonder how long it will last. Those threads don't come up on the main forum if you hit recent posts I just discovered.
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:06

So what is this forum doing for World Diabetes Day tomorrow?

Will there be drink? cheers
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:11

sanguine wrote:Also that toast and cereal *can* (can?) contain carbs.

I've just posted on that item, I wonder how long it will last.  Those threads don't come up on the main forum if you hit recent posts I just discovered.

Great post Rod! How long it lasts I guess depends whose on 'Mod duty' tonight...If It's IanD then it will be fine and stay up without editing...If it's any of the others...well,we all know what they're like eh?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:14

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:So what is this forum doing for World Diabetes Day tomorrow?

Good question! Very Happy We'll have to get our heads together and come up with a suitable way of marking the occasion! Very Happy As for drink...are you offering? woot lol! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:14

I've just posted on that item, I wonder how long it will last.  Those threads don't come up on the main forum if you hit recent posts I just discovered.

So Rod, the management have made a decision that only some recent posts come up in the recent post section, very slippery indeed. How long before all low carb posts do not come up in the recent posts section? or any post that does not fit in with the deal the management feels could interfere with their wish to tie up with big pharma?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:16

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:So what is this forum doing for World Diabetes Day tomorrow?

There will be from me ! Off to Benidorm tomorrow for a stag weekend ! 22 blokes ! Could get messy !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:21

mo1905 wrote:

There will be from me ! Off to Benidorm tomorrow for a stag weekend ! 22 blokes ! Could get messy !

WAHEY!! cheers drunken drunken Be careful not to come back with a Tattoo that you have no recollection of having done! freakout lol! lol!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:25

Paul wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:

WAHEY!! cheers drunken drunken Be careful not to come back with a Tattoo that you have no recollection of having done! freakout lol! lol!

And if you do, you have to post some photos of it on this forum Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:30

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:

And if you do, you have to post some photos of it on this forum Smile

+1000 Very Happy
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:30

Luckily I'm not the Groom so should be fine :-)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 13 2014, 18:48

mo1905 wrote:Luckily I'm not the Groom so should be fine :-)

And as long as the groom has chosen a sensible best man he should be fine too? Question
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 13 2014, 20:26

Sally

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear .......

Reading Sally's first post on this thread and the many who've followed..... about Breakfast's, Stag Do's etc, conversation is good  Smile

Can I just say - from a low carbing non diabetic may I recommend an egg for breakfast???

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Nov 13 2014, 20:48

Mo wrote:World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast Icon_eek ( I couldn't find a "face palm" smilie lol ! Perhaps they should rename it "Let's Give the World Diabetes Day"

How about a double face palm then MO Laughing 

World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast Tumblr_nejo83MhOo1tp80nvo1_500
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 13 2014, 21:02

graham64 wrote:
    Mo wrote:World Diabetes Healthy Breakfast Icon_eek ( I couldn't find a "face palm" smilie lol ! Perhaps they should rename it "Let's Give the World Diabetes Day"

BRILLIANT!!! lol! I'm gutted I never found this Meme myself before I got banned at the other place as I would have used it one heck of a lot! Twisted Evil
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 13 2014, 21:03

graham64 wrote:

Lol ! Cheers Graham :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Nov 14 2014, 10:37

eddie1 wrote:

So Rod, the management have made a decision that only some recent posts come up in the recent post section, very slippery indeed. How long before all low carb posts do not come up in the recent posts section? or any post that does not fit in with the deal the management feels could interfere with their wish to tie up with big pharma?

Anyone got an opinion on this ?

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Nov 14 2014, 10:44

eddie1 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:

Anyone got an opinion on this ?

Eddie

Now I read this earlier and I decided I must be reading it wrong. It's called 'recent posts' yet all 'recent posts' won't show? Why would anyone do that? So it should be called 'selected recent posts' surely? So not all posts are welcome? Isn't that called 'censorship?' Nah, it's me being paranoid again. scratch
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Nov 14 2014, 10:47

Well for a start,why was Fergus Craigs 'Low carb diet-a newbies guide' allowed to run for several years and then suddenly locked without explanation last year?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-diet-a-newbies-guide.9427/page-8

They certainly didn't want that being bumped up into recent/new posts it would appear. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 13:44