THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Summer ... can be a busy time!

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Summer ... can be a busy time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer ... can be a busy time!

Post by Jan1 Fri Jul 20 2018, 10:33

Goodness!
    It's Friday already!
    The days fly by …

No rain yet, unlike Graham and Chris (there may be others too).
    Possibly some later the weather experts forecast a 50% chance … we shall see

Enjoy your Friday

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Summer ... can be a busy time! - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer ... can be a busy time!

Post by Jan1 Sat Jul 21 2018, 13:43

As the song goes "in the summertime"  ... we are going to see some Dexter Cattle! Lol!

We hadn't heard of them before, and have been described to us as 'the Shetland pony' of cattle/cows.

More about them here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_cattleS

Anyway, will keep you posted! We plan to enjoy a country walk with the grandchildren, which will probably end with them enjoying an ice cream treat  Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Jul 22 2018, 00:37

Still no rain (except for the shower that hit me the other day, and another one I was told of in Southwold) despite the clouds building up.

I knew someone who kept Dexters, pocket cows - and very tasty!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 25 2018, 19:29

chris c wrote:Still no rain (except for the shower that hit me the other day, and another one I was told of in Southwold) despite the clouds building up.

Yes, I read that they were tasty …
    To start with we are just hoping to see them in their field Smile

Waiting for the weather to cool down a little, before we go on our nature ramble …

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Jul 26 2018, 22:38

If tomorrow's forecast holds up, expect to find them all drowned Sad
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jul 27 2018, 19:36

We were out earlier and guess what!!!

Yes, it started raining - it caused quite a stir - we'd got used to no wet stuff falling from the sky! LOL!

Shame was it only lasted about five minutes … maybe we'll get some more rain later, I think some areas of the UK are!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Jul 28 2018, 21:29

The drought finally broke here yesterday too. There was a big thunderstorm out to the west (which completely bollixed seeing the moon) and we caught the edge of it. The land smelled amazing after the rain - petrichor.

It rained more overnight and there was a nearer thunderstorm this morning, then the sun came back out but there was a lovely cool breeze, and still is. At last I don't have to stick to the furniture any more. The coconut oil hasn't gone back to sleep yet though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jul 29 2018, 17:44

Rain … wonderful rain Smile
    No watering of plants needed Smile

Although I do feel sorry for those who started their holiday in the UK yesterday, or travelled to events - some of which have had to be cancelled because of poor weather Sad

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Jul 31 2018, 23:12

Yes more rain here and another thunderstorm. There were some puddles on the common and I was tempted to warn people not to fall into them and drown. It'll take more before green returns to the lawns and road verges though, and some of the heather looked prematurely dead.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 02 2018, 20:54

Jan1 wrote:
    chris c wrote:Still no rain (except for the shower that hit me the other day, and another one I was told of in Southwold) despite the clouds building up.

Yes, I read that they were tasty …
    To start with we are just hoping to see them in their field Smile

Waiting for the weather to cool down a little, before we go on our nature ramble …

All the best Jan

The quest for the 'Dexters' began ... (also see earlier in this thread)

Alas we found the field where they had been, the dry cow pats gave the game away!
    But speaking to fellow nature ramblers the cows were moved on about a week ago Sad
    Shame but we did have a nice country walk Smile

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Aug 02 2018, 22:21

Oh sad that you missed them, they are cute.

We have a lot of old fashioned breeds around here - Herefords, Aberdeen Angus, Suffolk Red Polls, Lincolnshire Reds and my all time favourite - Highland cattle, with the handlebars. The nearest Dexters I know of are in Norfolk.

All much nicer than the "kipper-arsed Holsteins" as a farmer described them.

Back to over 30 degrees for the last few days. Still some butterflies and grasshoppers to be found, and there were so many dragonflies over the common it reminded me of a helicopter formation dancing team I saw long ago. They had been on TV and I think we saw them at Biggin Hill or possibly Farnborough.

Couldn't find any footage on YouTube but there are some modern equivalents

Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 04 2018, 14:26

Yes, the temperature is going up again!
    Definitely too hot to hurry today!

Still good news for the North West - I believe their hosepipe ban has been lifted.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Aug 08 2018, 08:20

The week is flying by … spending fun time with the grand-kids!
    Some crabbing today … will we be lucky? lol!

Enjoy your day

All the best Jan
    flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 11 2018, 11:40

We've had a brilliant, fun week enjoying lots of grand-children related activities Smile

Crabbing, walking, crazy golf … paddling in the sea !!! to name a few.

Spending the weekend relaxing, as they have now gone back home …

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 16 2018, 15:52

Thank goodness I didn't have many outdoor plans for today because we've had a lot of this

rain   rain   rain  

Slowly clearing up now - and we have some sunshine.
    I know the gardens will love it, the brown 'grass' is slowly being replaced by green... although the weeds will appreciate this weather too!

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 19 2018, 18:23

What a glorious Sunday it's been, beautiful sunshine with a breeze … was lovely when I popped out earlier.

However, I don't think all parts of the UK have been so lucky - they keep mentioning Storm Ernesto

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/weather/uk-weather-forecast-storm-ernesto-hits-britain-bringing-threat-of-flooding-with-heavy-rain-and-strong-winds/ar-BBM6sMl?li=BBoPWjQ&OCID=ansmsnnews11

With just over two weeks left of the school summer holidays, out grandchildren are hoping for more dry, warm, sunny days ...

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 23 2018, 00:07

Busy, but fun start to the week spending time with family …

In fact summer has been quite busy, I'm just so thankful that for the moment it is not hot or muggy.

With family yesterday and we were able to sit out in the garden last night/early evening … the fish was cooked on the BBQ and it tasted great Smile

All the best Jan

PS I hate to say it but acorns are beginning to drop from some of our nearby oak trees - Autumn is round the corner.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Aug 25 2018, 00:30

I was always childishly amused when mother pointed out the hips and haws. They are really starting to colour up here now along with the mountain ash/rowan berries.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Aug 29 2018, 18:51

The lazy days of summer, as well as the quite hectic can be very pleasant indeed … especially if you've spent time seriously chilling (as some may say).

Sometimes it's just nice to take things a little slower … the past few days have been a little like that Smile

Summer ... can be a busy time! - Page 2 Meandering

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Aug 30 2018, 23:02

I wondered at first if that was Burley Lawn with the meandering stream

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 05:28