THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

What Is a Keto Diet ?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

What Is a Keto Diet ? Empty What Is a Keto Diet ?

Post by Jan1 Fri Dec 29 2017, 18:58

If you have read my posts you will be aware that for the past nine years* I have lived the LCHF lifestyle ... low carb (50) per day, moderate protein, higher (healthy) fats...

But it seems more and more people are now talking keto!

Libby at Ditch The Carbs has put up a post about ...

"So what exactly is the ketogenic diet?

That is the question on a lot of people’s minds right now as the ketogenic diet is one of the top diet and eating plans of the year.

Let’s face it, you have been seeing “Keto Diet” titles, recipes and success stories all over magazine covers, websites and everywhere in between for the last year.  So again, what is keto?

You may hear that it’s simply a high-fat diet or a low-carb diet, but it is not exactly either of these things.

What Is A Keto Diet & LCHF Diet – Explained

The ketogenic, or keto diet can be described as a very low carb and high-fat diet (LCHF).  You will find that the keto diet does have similarities to other low-carb diets such as Atkins, but the keto diet is done differently.

With the keto diet, you will be reducing your carbohydrates dramatically and replacing them with healthy fats.

Generally, a keto diet is considered to be less than 20g carbohydrates per day, moderate protein and plenty of healthy fats."

Much more to read here
    https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/what-is-a-keto-diet/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ditchthecarbs%2Fpkck+%28Ditch+The+Carbs%29

All the best Jan

* Note to myself - I really should change my profile !

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 20:13