THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals. Empty The Environment Agency UK number one vandals.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 10 2017, 17:57

It may surprise some to know The Environment Agency is arguably the number one vandals of the countryside. All over the country, they are totally destroying trees by the thousands, and wrecking huge amounts of natural habitat for countless species. As a fisherman I pay for a fishing licence every year, the Environment Agency rakes in millions of pounds per year from fisherman, this is what we get. This by no means and isolated incidence. Check out the video and ask yourself what purpose did this wanton vandalism serve.

Derek
    Derek

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals. Empty Re: The Environment Agency UK number one vandals.

Post by Derek Mon Apr 10 2017, 18:43

Defra re:english nature are as bad!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals. Empty Re: The Environment Agency UK number one vandals.

Post by Jan1 Tue Apr 11 2017, 11:16

You really do think that agencies like this work for the better of nature and the environment!

You hear and see so many volunteer groups who do their best for rivers and woodlands, and seem to do a good job.

We really do need to work more with nature than against it.

All the best Jan
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Tue Apr 11 2017, 14:38

The white plague is a menace to the environment and stops forests regenerating!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 12 2017, 08:56

Derek wrote:The white plague is a menace to the environment and stops forests regenerating!

What is the white plague?
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Wed Apr 12 2017, 09:30

Eddie wrote:
    Derek wrote:The white plague is a menace to the environment and stops forests regenerating!

Sheep
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 12 2017, 10:59

Derek wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

Sheep

Thanks Derek, them chainsaw wielding sheep are a bigger menace than I realised. affraid

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals. Aw
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Apr 12 2017, 15:52

what was the reasoning or purpose of what they did? i assume it cost them quite a bit of money to do
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 12 2017, 16:22

Andy12345 wrote:what was the reasoning or purpose of what they did? i assume it cost them quite a bit of money to do

Beats me what they were trying to achieve. That being said, the Government and it's agencies squander £billions on all sorts of crap. I will give you a classic example. Jan and myself help out a man with severe learning difficulties he is high on the autism spectrum. He had a benefits revue recently and they came up with a new way to occupy his time. He is being sent on an eight week course three days a week working with horses. The place is miles away and he does not drive, how will I get there he asked, no problem a taxi will pick you up and bring you home. The mind boggles at what that will cost, but hey, maybe we will see him riding in the National next year. Maybe they will buy him a horse at the end of it, well, stranger things have been known. The lard works in mysterious ways.
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Wed Apr 12 2017, 19:13

Hi Andy,
    They did this near Carlisle last year on one of the Eden's catchments smaller rivers.
    Some complain when things don't look tidy enough and farmers complain when rivers back up onto their land through restricted flow.

But this ruins the environment for wildlife and is idiotic! I can't understand their thinking, it is exactly what needs to happen in the river catchment. They need to slow the rivers down by wetlands, meanders, woodlands and water meadow flooding up stream and the peak flow at pinch points is reduced and flooding is reduced. They have really done nothing in Cumbria yet to stop the next Carlisle flood when upstrean dynamic storage is the obvious solution staring them in the face. I despair of their, including politicians, ineptitude.

The Dutch can stop flooding in cities by massive undercity storage during peak flow, instead these 'engineers', politicians and accountants have their fingers in their mouths!
    regards
    Derek

Andy12345 wrote:what was the reasoning or purpose of what they did? i assume it cost them quite a bit of money to do
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Wed Apr 12 2017, 19:15

Eddie wrote:
    Derek wrote:
    Eddie wrote:

Sheep

Thanks Derek, them chainsaw wielding sheep are a bigger menace than I realised.  affraid

The Environment Agency UK number one vandals. Aw

That's a good one Eddie!  Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Wed Apr 12 2017, 20:23

I have recently worked in two houses that had their own stretches of river in their gardens, when I say gardens, 10s of acres, what a dream that would be, both are never fished and both offered me to fish it anytime

I'd kill for those houses

What a shame they are doing this to the rivers Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 09:55