THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet Empty 5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 12 2017, 12:47

Michael Joseph has recently posted about the five best natural sweeteners to use for a Low Carb Diet - you may have your own particular favourite.

He says:
    "Sugar may be sweet, but that doesn’t mean everything with a sweet taste is necessarily bad for you.
    While a healthy diet should ideally emphasize real, whole foods, some people enjoy using low carb sweeteners.
    However, there are so many choices, and they all claim to be better than the rest. As a result, it’s hard to know which one to use.
    This article will take a look at some of the best natural sweeteners for a low carb diet.
    Each one is basically health neutral, or possibly even good for you.

Best Natural Sweeteners
    In no particular order, here are the top five natural sweeteners."

Use this link to find out more
    http://nutritionadvance.com/best-natural-sweeteners-low-carb-diet/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet Empty Re: 5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet

Post by Jan1 Sun Jun 10 2018, 22:50

Jan1 wrote:Michael Joseph has recently posted about the five best natural sweeteners to use for a Low Carb Diet - you may have your own particular favourite.

He says:
    "Sugar may be sweet, but that doesn’t mean everything with a sweet taste is necessarily bad for you.
    While a healthy diet should ideally emphasize real, whole foods, some people enjoy using low carb sweeteners.
    However, there are so many choices, and they all claim to be better than the rest. As a result, it’s hard to know which one to use.
    This article will take a look at some of the best natural sweeteners for a low carb diet.
    Each one is basically health neutral, or possibly even good for you.

Best Natural Sweeteners
    In no particular order, here are the top five natural sweeteners."

Use this link to find out more
    http://nutritionadvance.com/best-natural-sweeteners-low-carb-diet/

All the best Jan

I first posted this in March 2017 … but in case you missed it, I've bumped the post up.

Interesting to note that at the end of the article Michael Joseph says -

"Final Thoughts
    First of all, if you’re following a low carb plan to improve your health, then it’s important to realize that real food should be the priority.

By this, I mean that regularly swapping out sugar and wheat flour for replacements using coconut flour and sweeteners isn’t the way forward.

However, some people enjoy using low carb sweeteners for occasional treats, which is no problem at all.

It is certainly a much better idea than eating the original full-sugar version.

And if you’re looking for a sugar substitute, then these five are probably the best natural sweeteners for a low carb diet."
    https://www.nutritionadvance.com/best-natural-sweeteners-low-carb-diet/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet Empty Re: 5 Best Natural Sweeteners For a Low Carb Diet

Post by chris c Mon Jun 11 2018, 21:31

I admit to still using sweeteners in my coffee. I used to use Splenda tabs but they appear to have been taken off the market so now I use Canderel.

Other than that I use nothing.It was very noticeable when I gave up sugar and grains and reduced carbs just how much sweetness there is in things like broccoli. Strawberries are almost cloyingly sweet. To think I used to cover them with sugar! Now I use clotted cream, ground flaxseed and brandy and even so they are still sweet. Not a few others have reported the same thing, I suspect the huge piles of sugar hidden in most processed foods overload the sweetness sensors and turn them down. Now they are back to working properly again, 85% chocolate is pretty much my sweetness limit.
    yoly
    yoly

Post by yoly Thu Jun 14 2018, 11:31

I am partial to stevia. I buy pure stevia cheap in Amazon and don't notice bitter taste that some find in stevia. It work well for cooking and little goes a long way. It supposed to have other benefits for diabetics, but there are so many formulations that I doubt you can get any real steady benefit from it, other that a "natural" sweetener.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jun 15 2018, 22:32

You're lucky! I get quite an unpleasant aftertaste from Stevia. I was put off the sugar alcohols due to others' experience that they either put up blood glucose or caused gastric distress.

Recently I read, via Ted Naiman who is usually credible, that Sucralose (Splenda) does not break down in the environment, but haven't read any studies to that effect.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Jun 16 2018, 16:28

Still talking sweeteners, Libby at Ditch The Carbs site has a good post about them.

She says "This is my ultimate guide to low carb sweeteners. Which ones I use, and which ones I don’t.
    I’ll explain how to use each one and what to look for when you buy them because not all low carb sweeteners are created equally. It can be incredibly confusing when you are just starting to live sugar free."
    See more here
    https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/low-carb-sweeteners/

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 10:15