THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Double cream effect???

Lesley

Female Posts : 10

Double cream effect??? Empty Double cream effect???

Post by Lesley Wed Sep 24 2014, 22:18

I have been following the low carb way now seriously for 2 weeks and I have recently started having sugar free jelly and double cream after my tea. I have noticed that although the cream is very low carb, 1.5g per 100g it seems to be sending my sugar higher.

Has anyone else had this? I wouldn't have thought it would effect it so much. I have been dosing for it too.

Thinking Im gonna have to cut it out Crying or Very sad
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Double cream effect??? Empty Re: Double cream effect???

Post by Indy51 Wed Sep 24 2014, 22:49

Is it possible you're intolerant of dairy or possibly artificial sweeteners? BG rises can be indicative of food intolerances. Maybe test both foods separately.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Sep 25 2014, 16:39

As Indy says, test separately to find out if it's the cream or the jelly which raises your levels. Also, is this a regular thing ? The only other solution could be that whatever you're having for tea is still affecting levels later on ? Diabetes can be a pain, so many variables.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 15:26