THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Empty Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:22

Talking of pears ha ha, check this out, just keep the portion size low.

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Pear+1

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Pear+2

Ingredients:
    100g ground almonds
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 large eggs
    1 tablespoon of melted butter
    2 tablespoons of double cream
    2 tea spoons of cinnamon
    120 grams of tinned pear quarters (get the pears in juice not syrup)

Method:
    Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Almonds, baking powder and cinnamon.
    Melt the butter, I use a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour mix into a 6" x 3" micro-wave safe glass dish, cook at 700 watts for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and add tinned pear quarters, dust with cinnamon powder. Serves four to six.

Please check out our low carb diabetic food blog http://www.lowcarbdietsandrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/
    beardie
    beardie

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Empty Re: Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake.

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:27

I will be trying that at the weekend.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Empty Re: Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake.

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:39

Go for it Beardie they taste great and won't blow your BG numbers up. Check out the link lot's of other low carb cakes on our food blog.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 13 2015, 17:47

I make that at less than 40g carbs for the whole thing.
    if am right I could have my favourite roast chicken and boiled broccoli followed by half that cake. Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Apr 13 2015, 18:03

beardie wrote:I make that at less than 40g carbs for the whole thing.
    if am right I could have my favourite roast chicken and boiled broccoli followed by half that cake. Very Happy

It is a long time since I measured the carb content, but I reckon you are not far wrong. These cakes eaten in sensible amounts made very little difference to my BG numbers. TBH I am not overly into cakes, but every now and again it makes for a nice treat. Most nights I eat some low carb fruits with plenty of double cream. Berries are very low carb.

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. FRUIT%20BERRIES%20jpeg

Some low carb. fruits. Strawberries 6 grams. Blackberries 5.1 grams. Raspberries 4.6 grams. carbs per 100 grams.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Jul 22 2018, 11:39

Eddie wrote:Talking of pears ha ha, check this out, just keep the portion size low.

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Pear+1

Low carb pear, cinnamon and cream sponge cake. Pear+2

Ingredients:
    100g ground almonds
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 large eggs
    1 tablespoon of melted butter
    2 tablespoons of double cream
    2 tea spoons of cinnamon
    120 grams of tinned pear quarters (get the pears in juice not syrup)

Method:
    Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Almonds, baking powder and cinnamon.
    Melt the butter, I use a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, then add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour mix into a 6" x 3" micro-wave safe glass dish, cook at 700 watts for 3 minutes. Allow to cool and cut in half. Spread on extra thick cream and add tinned pear quarters, dust with cinnamon powder. Serves four to six.

Back in April 2015, this was posted on the Forum.
    Thought I'd bump it up.

Quick, easy and low carb  sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:04