THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Dillinger
zand
AliB
Paul1976
EvenMoreHeathen
Eddie
10 posters

What diet do you want god to give you?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

What diet do you want god to give you? Empty What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 08:37

Over at the other place 'Bob the builder' has started a thread read called 'What diet do you want god to give you?' All sorts of junk food and crap is being talked about. Zand hit the nail on the head with "I would expect it to be the same good things he provided for us here....meat, veggies, fruit etc....all the natural things which he created himself for us to eat, not processed man made stuff."

OK, I am not religious at all, but if you believe in some sort of creator or evolution, whatever, one thing is for sure, most of the stuff masquerading as food in the supermarkets ain't what nature intended. It's cannon fodder for the masses, it's the sort of cheap high calorie, high sugar junk that keeps the plebs, i.e. us, working away in the factories, offices, and shops etc. This is cool, you can pay less to the workers, when the junk makes them ill, big pharma has the antidote and every one gets rich, except the workers. The added bonus is many will die young and the state saves on pension pay outs, which again is cool, because the state has run out of money and going bankrupt fast. And here is the best part, when they get ill, you can get the media you control, to call them fat bastards who only have themselves to blame, now that's what I call a great ponzie scheme it's even better than the banking fit up.

Must fly, I have a carpet fitter coming later.

Eddie

EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

What diet do you want god to give you? Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:02

Please, please Eddie, don't give me scares with a header like that again! LOL I thought you had gone over to the dark side ! affraid

Signy
    Eddie
    Eddie

What diet do you want god to give you? Empty Re: What diet do you want god to give you?

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:13

Nah, I couldn't fit a carpet to save my life, and as for pot noodles...............................
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:16

On the subject of scary...What's happened to the 'Ventriloquists Dummy'? Appears to have lit the blue touch paper and then done a Lord Lucan!! Question
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:20

I liked Forge, he was like a lobotomised Sid Bonkers. BTW, I see Sid is back on best behaviour, the anger management course looks like it worked out.

Eddie
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:24

Does make you think that maybe there is design behind it all. After all, the nearer the food is to its original form, the better it is for us. The closer we are to the earth, and live in harmony with the natural way, the healthier we are. The more we nurture rather than degrade, the more enriched our lives.

If you took your car to bits and dropped all the pieces from a great height, no matter how many times you did that it would never ever come back down as a fully working machine.

Yet the way the earth nurtures and sustains us and gives us everything we could possibly need is an awesome act of love and care and amazing design, isn't it?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:31

AliB wrote:Does make you think that maybe there is design behind it all.  After all, the nearer the food is to its original form, the better it is for us.  The closer we are to the earth, and live in harmony with the natural way, the healthier we are.  The more we nurture rather than degrade, the more enriched our lives.

If you took your car to bits and dropped all the pieces from a great height, no matter how many times you did that it would never ever come back down as a fully working machine.

Yet the way the earth nurtures and sustains us and gives us everything we could possibly need is an awesome act of love and care and amazing design, isn't it?

So true.

Eddie
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:35

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-and-pot-noodles.64559/

What d'ya reckon to this folks? For real or simply a response to recent events to light the blue touch paper?
    Either way-This could be worth a watch!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Sep 17 2014, 07:34

Paul wrote:http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-and-pot-noodles.64559/

What d'ya reckon to this folks? For real or simply a response to recent events to light the blue touch paper?
    Either way-This could be worth a watch!

Thanks for this Paul, I almost missed that thread!
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:06

AliB wrote:Does make you think that maybe there is design behind it all.  After all, the nearer the food is to its original form, the better it is for us.  The closer we are to the earth, and live in harmony with the natural way, the healthier we are.  The more we nurture rather than degrade, the more enriched our lives.

Hippy ! Laughing First, we plant the seed. Then, we grow the seed. Then, we eat the seed .... afro ( apologies to Nigel Planer as Ian )

Actually, I agree fully. The more we mess around with food, the sicker we become . One of the fantastic benefits of living where I do and doing what I do is having a connection with the land, and observing all it's cycles, seasons, weather, rebirth, growth, decay, rebirth.... It's humbling and awesome Smile It saddens and angers me how much we abuse our world and take it for granted , and by observing the natural orders and cycles, I'm not surprised that we as humans are in such a mess.

Signy
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Wed Sep 17 2014, 14:35

AliB wrote:

Hi AliB! Good to see you posting again.

I think that the majesty of life is that it has got to where it is now, without any design.

Evolution isn't about randomly created complexity it's about very very non-random selection of the good bits that over millions of years get developed into all the life we see around us.

I think it's humbling and beautiful that every single thing alive on Earth (bar Sid Bonkers) shares a common ancestor if you go back far enough. Now, that common ancestor might be a single celled amoeba or some form of proto-plankton but it links everything nevertheless.

We fit so well with the world because we are formed by it not because it was formed for us.

Best

Dillinger
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:41

Hi Dillinger. Nice to be back.

Interesting concept. A bit too contrived for my way of thinking, i mean, easy to say, but very difficult to prove. I prefer to run by logic myself, which in my opinion says, everything that humans create in this World has to have a designer and builder/maker. Therefore my sense of reason says why would that also not apply to the elements these objects are made from?

There is too much order and efficiency built in to nature for it just to have 'happened'. Even some scientists who work in the field of nanobiology are beginning to come around to the idea of a designer. The complexities and DNA structure within a cell, and the little 'machines' that work within it just shout design.

There are also other factors that are unexplainable by evolution like, why do (most) humans have a conscience? Why is there a spiritual thread running through virtually all cultures and communities? Why do even remote tribes believe in some kind of creator? Why does the body always try to heal? Why, instead of making continuous progress do we appear to be regressing? Why is there only a limited lifespan when scientists say the body is capable of regenerating itself every 7 years? Why do we age? Why do we grieve? Why, when we are surrounded by violence, destruction and death, are we still so affected by it? Why would we believe it to be wrong? Why do we hate to see suffering? Why do we care about others? Why is the world so violent?

Despite their current knowledge of the structure of a cell and their technological and biological ability, scientists have not been able to replicate the spark of life in the laboratory. Many admit that for the RNA, DNA and specific proteins to all come together would be one in a million billion and they have only ever been able to 'create' a tiny part of it. But - it was designed....

I like knowing that this beautiful earth was lovingly made for me and that I am responsible to it and to its awesome designer. I like knowing that despite man's determination to be totally independent and his desperately clumsy efforts to use and control elements he knows little to nothing about, the designer of it all is going to put it all back together again. I like knowing there will be a future when humans won't die, or get sick or even age and I can be part of it. I like knowing that I will see my parents again, and get to know my little brother who was stillborn, and my ancestors I never knew, here on the Earth where we were designed to live.

And that adds another question. Why do we hope? Why is hope such a powerful thing? Because it adds meaning to life.

I like knowing I am part of a wonderful plan. It's so much more rewarding than 'I came from an amoeba and I will eventually die and be gone and forgotten within two generations....' :0)

I am an analyst by nature. I like answers and joined-up dots. So far all my questions have been answered and some by the presence of a designer. But even long before I ever believed in Him, I'm afraid evolution never did 'happen' to make any sense to me.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 14:46

Nice post Ali but I see our progression as more of an "accident" than by design. Most things improve or advance by luck in my opinion. A freak gene or similar that eventually leads to sight or smell etc. Similarly though, I can't prove anything, just my thoughts.
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:07

Well, i suppose its a possibility Mo, but it seems to me that any freak or mutated gene usually leads to a degeneration rather than an improvement.

If you take the evolution stance that we are continually progressing towards a higher state and compare it with the Creation stance that we were created perfect but have been in regression because we pulled the plug out from the life source, then I know which one makes more sense to me.

Humankind is heading for annihilation at its own hands unless something very drastic steps in....
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:10

AliB wrote:
    If you take the evolution stance that we are continually progressing towards a higher state and compare it with the Creation stance that we were created perfect but have been in regression because we pulled the plug out from the life source, then I know which one makes more sense to me.

Humankind is heading for annihilation at its own hands unless something very drastic steps in....

Yes AliB - that's where my logic takes me too.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 15:41

Well, as I said earlier, I've no real logic behind it but it just makes sense to me. Maybe "freak gene" was not the best terminology but I still think there are lots of "accidents". Some are for the worse and some are for the better and can improve a species maybe making them faster or heightened senses. Darwin I think was a thinker of random evolutionary stages rather than a set plan. Who knows though :-)
    AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Fri Sep 19 2014, 16:15

To use a phrase in common terminology.....God knows..... :0)
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Fri Sep 19 2014, 19:03

Hi Ali,

That was a very thoughtful post earlier and I'd love to respond in kind, but won't be able to today as the light is fading and so am I.

So, hold those thoughts and I'll reply when I can

Best

Dillinger
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 19 2014, 19:57

please forgive me if im misunderstanding, if we are regressing, and if there were a power great enough to design us and every living cell on our planet, why would this power make us with a shelf life? why would it make us capable of such cruelty and make us capable of feeling such sadness, allow all the bad in the world? if there is a greater power, i dislike it, it has done an experiment where people suffer, ok there is such beauty and wonder and without it how would we know the bad stuff, but thats not good enough for me, for this power to let one single innocent child suffer when it would clearly have the power to prevent it, it is a disgrace, and if im wrong, its its fault
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Sep 19 2014, 20:04

That's one of the reasons I don't believe there is a plan for us. Who would sit down and create what we have now ?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 19 2014, 20:06

Andy12345 wrote:please forgive me if im misunderstanding, if we are regressing, and if there were a power great enough to design us and every living cell on our planet, why would this power make us with a shelf life? why would it make us capable of such cruelty and make us capable of feeling such sadness, allow all the bad in the world? if there is a greater power, i dislike it, it has done an experiment where people suffer, ok there is such beauty and wonder and without it how would we know the bad stuff, but thats not good enough for me, for this power to let one single innocent child suffer when it would clearly have the power to prevent it, it is a disgrace, and if im wrong, its its fault

Hence the reason I don't follow a religion! What Loving 'creator' would allow the evil stuff that happens to good folks? If that's what 'faith' is about then I don't have any TBH. Crying or Very sad
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 20 2014, 05:16

Andy12345 wrote:please forgive me if im misunderstanding, if we are regressing, and if there were a power great enough to design us and every living cell on our planet, why would this power make us with a shelf life? why would it make us capable of such cruelty and make us capable of feeling such sadness, allow all the bad in the world? if there is a greater power, i dislike it, it has done an experiment where people suffer, ok there is such beauty and wonder and without it how would we know the bad stuff, but thats not good enough for me, for this power to let one single innocent child suffer when it would clearly have the power to prevent it, it is a disgrace, and if im wrong, its its fault

Well I can't speak for other religions, but as for the Bible.......He didn't create us with a shelf life.  That came in when Eve and the snake twisted God's words in the garden of Eden.  Now come on guys,  have you never known a woman manipulate a situation to get what she wants by twisting your words around? Wink God said "If you eat from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, then you will surely die"  So that's why we die.  And that's why there's evil in the world; God gave them free will and they disobeyed Him.  So it's man who is causing innocent children to suffer, not God. So God created a perfect world and we messed it up.

Of course the next logical stumbling block to faith is creationism itself.  If you believe what the Bible says then I believe you need to accept it all, not use it as a pick and mix text book.  So scientists say the earth has been around for billions of years and creationists say it's only a few thousand.  I have heard this explained like this.....

If you for a moment accept that God did make Adam from dust, then one second he didn't exist and the next second he did.  He was made 'man' and therefore appeared fully mature at around 25 years old, when in fact he was only a second old.  He was made fully formed.  It's the same with the earth.  It was made fully formed with the appearance of existence for billions of years when it was in fact brand new.

Do I believe all this?  Not sure, probably not anymore, but you can't say you don't believe in something if you haven't explored the possibilities fully.  Anyone who knows me at all will know my view of 'science'.  Our increasing scientific knowledge is always making what was once accepted as fact into fiction.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Sep 20 2014, 07:36

Religion will destroy the world given half a chance. The few rules the forum has says no religious hatred. I hate all religions in equal measure, I don't see that as discrimination. All over the world countless millions are dying and suffering in the name of religion, it was and will ever be thus.

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 20 2014, 08:26

Yes Eddie I agree with your sentiments here. 'Religion', (and like you I mean all religions) doesn't always have a lot to do with God, it's more about manmade rules and dogma. You can have faith in God without being religious. It's the 'rules' and interpretation of the rules that cause the wars and hatred and suffering, not true faith in God. Faith is a personal thing, religion is mass indoctrination.
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Sat Sep 20 2014, 08:54

One begat, two begat, three begat, ................................

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 12:05