THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis Empty Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:17

"The 86-year-old Moonraker star was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year and now must monitor the amount of alcohol and sugar he consumes

Roger Moore has stopped drinking James Bond's infamous tipple due to diabetes
    Sir Roger Moore will leave 007 fans shaken and stirred today by revealing he no longer drinks martinis, the Sunday People can reveal.

Sir Roger, Bond in seven films, used to enjoy a dry martini before a night out.

But the 86-year-old has stopped drinking them as, like actor Tom Hanks, he suffers from diabetes.

He told a magazine: “I am now slightly addicted to Coke Zero mixed with non-alcoholic beer. I look like a man drinking that.”

"Shaken not stirred..." So alcohol get's another kicking as something diabetics should give up but yet again...NO mention about carbohydrates

At 86 years of age I'd think "Bugg*r the coke zero and quaff them vodka martinis down me neck!!" Twisted Evil

Link to article below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/former-007-roger-moore-reveals-4336625
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis Empty Re: Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis

Post by mo1905 Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:45

James Bond needs to concentrate on stopping super villains taking over the world rather than worry about his BG levels ! Shame !
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis Empty Re: Former 007 Roger Moore reveals suffering from diabetes has forced him to give up martinis

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:56

So the diabetes police will now be on our backs for drinking spirits? Non-alcoholic beer sounds like a terrible choice compared to vodka Evil or Very Mad
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 22 2014, 13:03

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:So the diabetes police will now be on our backs for drinking spirits? Non-alcoholic beer sounds like a terrible choice compared to vodka Evil or Very Mad

Exactly that! Alcohol free beer contains about 10 grams of carbs per small bottle whereas most spirits have no negative impact on BG levels...Makes you wonder if the people who advised Sir Roger know anything at all about diabetes.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Nov 22 2014, 16:15

Why would he know anything about diabetes? A lot of HCP's don't either.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 22 2014, 16:38

zand wrote:Why would he know anything about diabetes?  A lot of HCP's don't either.

He wouldn't but it's the fact that he was most likely told that alcohol was a no-no for diabetics which isn't true unless you also have another medical condition on top that forbids it's use and the fact that carbs were not even part of the equation-just sugar and alcohol were mentioned as being dropped and dropping the sugar is a no-brainer really. Cool
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:12

Yeh, sorry Paul, my post came over a bit grumpy. This is probably because I am a bit grumpy today Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:21

zand wrote:Yeh, sorry Paul, my post came over a bit grumpy.  This is probably because I am a bit grumpy today Smile

lol No worries on that count as I'm pretty grumpy today myself too! Wink Everyone in my house is whinging about christmas and wanting to be spoiled and I just wanna do a Lord Lucan right now TBH and re-appear in January! Bah-Humbug! facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 11:28