THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
Mrs Vimes
Two Collies
graham64
mo1905
Andy12345
Eddie
10 posters

DCUK Forum of flog issues warning.

Derek
    Derek

DCUK Forum of flog issues warning. - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK Forum of flog issues warning.

Post by Derek Thu Jan 28 2016, 22:39

As new boy around these diabetic forums the main thrust and the groundswell here and on DCUK is for lchf. If the mods have another agenda they are not affecting the message much.

Mind you some always toady up to authority. It don't pay to get bitter about what people have done. Lifes too short, Try having 8 weeks therapy for an advanced cancer it soon puts these little annoyances in perspective. Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

DCUK Forum of flog issues warning. - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK Forum of flog issues warning.

Post by graham64 Thu Jan 28 2016, 23:09

Derek wrote:As new boy around these diabetic forums the main thrust and the groundswell here and on DCUK is for lchf. If the mods have another agenda they are not affecting the message much.

Mind you some always toady up to authority. It don't pay to get bitter about what people have done. Lifes too short, Try having 8 weeks therapy for an advanced cancer it soon puts these little annoyances in perspective. Smile

I appreciate your new to diabetic forums Derek and I can understand your sentiments but as DCUK may give the impression it is pro low carb it's not reflected in their choice of moderators. Before you joined it was a vibrant forum with a high presence of low carbers, debate was not stifled like it is today many good experienced members have been either banned or walked away due to the actions of the moderators.

It's not only about being bitter it's trying to expose the biases of the present mods this is based on factual events from past history going back as far as 2008, I could spent all night giving examples from my vast archives but I won't bore you with that  Neutral

I agree though  your experience with cancer makes our diabetes look like a walk in the park compared to what you've been through.
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Fri Jan 29 2016, 09:04

Andy12345 wrote:Do people eat goat?
    Yep!
    I love goat curry!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Jan 29 2016, 09:24

Yes, goats cheese is a delicacy and comes from the hind leg of a particular variety of mountain goat. DCUK Forum of flog issues warning. - Page 2 Goats-10
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 10:46

goats cheese dosent come from the goats milk Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 10:48

i can't understand why i find the thought of eating goats unpleasant, i eat cows after all, they never hurt anyone either, now i think about it, why do we only eat the animals that do us no harm?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Jan 29 2016, 11:12

I guess it's easier to catch & farm lol ! Still, I eat wild boar sausages, they'd leave a nasty bump ! Vicious little buggers !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 29 2016, 11:31

To whom it may concern...we know who you are! There have been far too many off topic posts placed on this thread, this must cease. Further off topic gibber about goat legs and other complete tosh will be dealt with harshly. Kindly stick to the topic, i.e. shining a spot light on those devious gits at the flog. rofl

BTW Can someone tell me what happened to the search bar over there? it appears to have been removed. affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Jan 29 2016, 11:38

I heard the search bar got a ban ? Someone searched for LCHF and that was it ! History !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 29 2016, 11:54

mo1905 wrote:I heard the search bar got a ban ? Someone searched for LCHF and that was it ! History !

Like it, let's be straight about it. When did the management ever do a thing for the members. The new mod drive is a stunt. The flog never ever changed anything to the members advantage, especially the low carbers. Look at the mods over the last five or six years. Kenny boy maniac, Jopar imbecile, SarahQ aka CarbsRock staunch low carb anti, Nobblyhead anti low carb fantasist, The cherub anti low carb psycho, Tubolard staunch anti low carb wack job, Anna the banner, say no more, Daisy Kens cut and paste Queen. Need I go on?

Mo and Ian the only two good mods in years, they walked, as did the likes of Fergus, Dennis, Dr.Katharine etc. etc.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 29 2016, 12:50

Derek wrote:Hi,
    I read the thread,  I can't see that it is forum policy or the moderators would be endlessly at it.

I think she has a problem with self image and is riding her own particular 'hobby horse', sometimes mods like that know they have got it wrong and can't back down.

So many things are politically incorrect nowadays, so  I guess she feels telling someone to consult their health care professional first will make her go to bed at night with a warm feeling of being a prudent advisor.

She wouldn't dare telling a family of hippo lookalikes they are fat and killing their kids with carbs and should consult a doctor because that would be politically incorrect and she may get wopped! Smile

I was on a forum where a guy suggested a friend of a moderator behaviour was perverse. I saw the post, and he was right and I saw her delete it and insist he had said this a.n.other was perverted.

I supported the guy wrongly moderated and the s***t  really hit the fan, it destroyed the forum in the end because the moderator was basically wrong headed and was backed up by the owner and we all took different sides.  It was Syria in a bottle.

You cannot buck the system, management invariably backs seniority.

B.T.W. I think the parent in question could see through the suspect advice and was wise enough to keep the best interest of his child to the fore.

I think you guys may be ever so slightly overstating your case about DCUK!
    regards
    Derek

"I think you guys may be ever so slightly overstating your case about DCUK!"

I can see why you think we go over the top re the flog, but we have seen so much dishonesty over the years, and continues to the present day. The post below was made on our blog back in November 2012. It was made by a DCUK mod. He was a type one low carber and held numbers that are very rarely seen on a diabetics BG meter, non diabetic. He was extremely knowledgeable, non confrontation and as honest as the day is long. He tried as a mod to state his case on the open forum, his posts were deleted. The only way he could tell his story and the truth, was to post on our blog, please bear in mind he was no friend of mine, and no ones stooge.

Wednesday, 7 November 2012 Low carb diabetic blog http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/tonight-i-have-asked-that-my-forum.html

Tonight I have asked that my forum account be removed from DCUK.

I can no longer be a member let alone a moderator of a forum whose administration team have consistently shown poor management, questionable moral judgement and a lack of any sort of thought through decision making.. We have a forum that is being administrated by two young adults who lack the appropriate skill set / experience to act decisively.  

DCUK have members that are having to resort to legal action against other members to stop bullying and personal attacks and the administration team have done nothing.. DCUK have a moderator (Daisy) who has been implicated by multiple users as actively targeting them and directing them to ABC Diabetes so that they can be caught up and manipulated.. the end result of which was a terminally ill man being harassed to his death bed and other members seeking legal advice re: DCUK; what have they done? NOTHING.. DCUK have an administration team that has totally lost contact with the day to day feeling of general forum members; promoting a moderation approach that stifles meaningful discussion and treats members like children... two examples today where the overwhelming feeling in the thread was totally ignored and the threads moderated / closed.

Today DCUK banned / threaten certain members who are active contributors with previous good behaviour for doing nothing but voicing a harsh yet TRUTHFUL fact that diabetes does kill... members who have actively support said community over the past six months... the sort of members that DCUK should be protecting and nurturing in order to ensure a strong community going forward. If contributors can't tell the truth, if posts are removed or edited for presenting the harsh yet frank reality of diabetes and life then what is the point of a discussion forum? If people can't have a view then why should they bother? why don't we just redirect the website to DUK...

Anyway that's me done with DCUK

Best Regards To All

Pneu
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Jan 29 2016, 14:09

Hi Eddie,
    Human nature doesn't change much I see the problems and the reactions.  One has to make the best of a far from ideal situation.  
    Dr. Unwin, I am sure, appreciates the input he has received in his strides to make low carb an NHS agenda.
    I know I received quite a lot of encouragement from other members with reactive hypoglycaemia over on DCUK.

If the management have another agenda as evidenced by their choice in moderation they are riding the tiger and to mix metaphors further, the genie is out of the bottle.
    Controlling LCHF is beyond them now, but perhaps with a view to funding, they keep the pharma content with a mixed message. I suppose they pay the piper so they have a right to call the tune!  Smile Wink
    regards
    Derek

PS. I avoid all the adds like the plague.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Jan 29 2016, 17:14

Derek wrote:Hi Eddie,
    Human nature doesn't change much I see the problems and the reactions.  One has to make the best of a far from ideal situation.  
    Dr. Unwin, I am sure, appreciates the input he has received in his strides to make low carb an NHS agenda.
    I know I received quite a lot of encouragement from other members with reactive hypoglycaemia over on DCUK.

If the management have another agenda as evidenced by their choice in moderation they are riding the tiger and to mix metaphors further, the genie is out of the bottle.
    Controlling LCHF is beyond them now, but perhaps with a view to funding, they keep the pharma content with a mixed message. I suppose they pay the piper so they have a right to call the tune!  Smile Wink
    regards
    Derek

PS. I avoid all the adds like the plague.

"Controlling LCHF is beyond them now"

Agree 100%, LC is going mainstream now, some very big names have picked up the torch. "I suppose they pay the piper so they have a right to call the tune!" True, but what is the need for the dishonesty, banning and post deletion. What are they so afraid of? Anyone can be a conman, it takes brains, hard work and honesty to be star business man. Some very good people have removed their names from the potential new mods list, don't need the brains of Einstein to realise why.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 18:43

I'd love to see Ewelina become a mod if she so wanted to, her food blog saved me, quite literally saved me in a very dark time, she is terrific
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Jan 29 2016, 18:49

Andy12345 wrote:I'd love to see Ewelina become a mod if she so wanted to, her food blog saved me, quite literally saved me in a very dark time, she is terrific

Agreed! Smashing recipes and blog,lovely lady too.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 29 2016, 18:56

As I never look at that other place ... but I do have an interest in good LCHF foods, I've done some searching on the web!

Do you mean this lady http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 18:57

Yesssss
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 18:59

I was at the crying outside the supermarket stage, thinking I would never enjoy food again when I found it, it got me into baking, and was a speck of light at the end of my tunnel
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:10

... I do sometimes wonder why so many almost fear the initials LCHF !!!

There is so much great whole fresh foods available to eat and enjoy when choosing to live the low carb high fat, and moderate protein lifestyle ... at least that is how I base my recipes. Just add some exercise and some good sleep patterns ... my health and well-being is just so good!

I believe many others,both diabetic and non diabetic,  have also found this out.

Anyway I'm signing out to get dinner and yes it is LCHF just look at the What Did You Have For Dinner Tonight Thread Smile

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Jan 29 2016, 19:13

I did, it looks lush!
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 31 2016, 00:17

Eddie wrote:BTW Can someone tell me what happened to the search bar over there? it appears to have been removed. affraid

Is it now the only diabetes forum without a search bar it would appear so Shocked I think they are shooting themselves in the foot again not at all helpful for those guests who would like to search for posts related to their specific needs, hardly gong to encourage them to join. 

But hey on the upside the the notable (and not able) members list has gone missing  cheers
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 31 2016, 00:27

DCUK Forum of flog issues warning. - Page 2 Notabl10

Still there sadly! No Kenny boy is still a trophy. puke
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 31 2016, 00:37

Paul1976 wrote:DCUK Forum of flog issues warning. - Page 2 Notabl10

Still there sadly! No Kenny boy is still a trophy. puke

Yes but you need to be logged in to see it as I found out for myself  Wink

Andy was expunged from the list yet cugila who was really abusive  to the admin retains his place, just goes to show how perverse they are  Twisted Evil
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 31 2016, 00:43

Yep! Sad and all the Mod staff except one-all one time friends of Kenny Boy! He may be long gone from the forum but indirectly he's still calling the shots. blowup
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 31 2016, 00:53

Paul1976 wrote:Yep! Sad and all the Mod staff except one-all one time friends of Kenny Boy! He may be long gone from the forum but indirectly he's still calling the shots. blowup
     Exacterly Laughing they call it a pro low carb forum then swamp it with a team of mods that are anything but  banghead

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 05:23