THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Dr Mark Porter

Derek
    Derek

Dr Mark Porter Empty Dr Mark Porter

Post by Derek Tue Jan 05 2016, 13:45

I see Dr Mark Porter writing in the Times has decided to restrict his carb intake to try to improve his chloresterol! He has gone lowish carb not low carb.
    D.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Dr Mark Porter Empty Re: Dr Mark Porter

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 05 2016, 14:09

Derek wrote:I see Dr Mark Porter writing in the Times has decided to restrict his carb intake to try to improve his chloresterol! He has gone lowish carb not low carb.
    D.

Interesting to see he is doing this for six weeks ...

Mark Porter says " My cholesterol is high, there is heart disease in my family and wholegrain bread has a similar GI score to sugar
    The war on sugar has gone hi-tech this week following the launch of an app that tells shoppers how much is hidden in foods and drinks. The Sugar Smart app, produced by Public Health England (PHE), scans barcodes. It is aimed at parents to help them reduce children’s intake.
    The average British five-year-old consumes their own bodyweight in sugar every year"

... Now I have been living the LCHF lifestyle for seven years now ... no complaints.  Smile

More about the Public Health England initiate here

https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t2055-parents-urged-to-get-free-sugar-app-to-check-products#20672

and here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35199889

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Jan 05 2016, 21:36

Derek wrote:I see Dr Mark Porter writing in the Times has decided to restrict his carb intake to try to improve his chloresterol! He has gone lowish carb not low carb.
    D.

Reducing carbs dependent on the amount should be beneficial for his trigs and as long as he increases that fat that can raise his HDL, as far as LDL goes it could show an initial rise which should come down given time but from what I've  read he's only doing it for six weeks which might not be long enough to see any improvement with his LDL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:37