THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Baruney
graham64
6 posters

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos Empty LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 05 2015, 22:12

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos CQkF6wAWwAAB6Yw

London has fallen to anarchist mobs following the chaos brought by the implementation of the mandatory 5p plastic bag charge.

Members of the government still alive have fled to Cornwall, where the last carrier bags in the UK are rumoured to be kept.

Follow the unfolding situation as it happens, in our live blog:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/05/plastic-bag-charge-chaos_n_8244820.html
    Baruney
    Baruney

Male Posts : 167

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos Empty Re: LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos

Post by Baruney Mon Oct 05 2015, 22:46

Bloody hell @graham64. Mega busy today. Have just sat down so haven't even see the news today. Was meant to be up in London tomorrow but don't think I'll bother now.

Thanks for the heads up.
    graham64
    graham64

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos Empty Re: LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos

Post by graham64 Mon Oct 05 2015, 23:47

Baruney wrote:Bloody hell @graham64. Mega busy today. Have just sat down so haven't even see the news today. Was meant to be up in London tomorrow but don't think I'll bother now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good move London's best avoided until the dust settles blowup
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Oct 05 2015, 23:58

London's best avoided
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Tue Oct 06 2015, 22:51

... joking aside!

I can remember going shopping with my mum, and it was either her trusty shopping bag ... kept in the cupboard under the stairs ... or if it was a bigger shop then the basket on wheels would be used.

Her shopping bag was renewed more often than not because the handle had become worn ...

In my local Sainsbury's today, I had my shopping bags at the ready.  Smile

At the till the cheap 5p throw away bags were non existent but they did have the slightly stronger re-usable variety for sale at 10p.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Oct 07 2015, 19:31

I still have one of those blue and white chequered bags which predates my marriage, but it's gotten a bit tatty now and is relegated to collecting dead soldiers for the bottle bank.

I have a few Fairtrade cotton bags from the Co-Op which are ten or so and still working. One finally fell off its handles so I thought I'd replace it but they are no longer available, I bought one for a pound that is allegedly made from recycled plastic bottles. Probably if I dared look in the garage I'd find some of my mother's old shopping bags which were woven from something, hemp? Bamboo??
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Oct 07 2015, 22:27

As the king of the shopping bag-You tell 'em Roy!!

LIVE: Government falls to military coup, thousands dead amid 5p plastic bag chaos 12112003_714671645333280_2488687200097583031_n
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Oct 07 2015, 22:56

We may be a small forum, but Jeez we have a few larfs, back in the old days of the flog it was a larf a minute, some real top notch comedians. Remember Kinky John Fowler, Greg Mitchell anyone, or Stormin Norman? Now the joint sends funerals up an ally.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Oct 08 2015, 20:00

Don't mention Ally!
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 08 2015, 23:12

chris c wrote:Don't mention Ally!
    Don't think Ally will be back any time soon cheers her last appearance on the other forum was just to delete some of her more crackpot posts.

This is an example of one of her deleted posts:

"What do you miss from carbs - fibre ( that seems to be why constipation is a problem) folic acid and vit C ( pots) or and seratonin  which increase from carb consumption and makes you happy - that might account for the loss of a sense of humour in alot of low carbers ………”.

She also departed from the dietetics forum after again removing posts including one were she stated potatoes should be a staple in a T2 diet.

Wonder why she did remove the posts couldn't have been down to me and Eddie highlighting them on the blog could it Wink 

To be fair she did have her fans noblehead once said of her "we value your input Ally"  facepalm
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 08 2015, 23:25

Eddie wrote:We may be a small forum, but Jeez we have a few larfs, back in the old days of the flog it was a larf a minute, some real top notch comedians. Remember Kinky John Fowler, Greg Mitchell anyone, or Stormin Norman? Now the joint sends funerals up an ally.

You can add to that list babycheese and dipsticky, they were fun days then I used to go to bed laughing at some the antics

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 22:24