THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs Empty Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 08 2014, 11:13

The $100 billion dollar cholesterol-lowering statin drug industry is under attack, as thousands of Americans are filing lawsuits against the manufacturers of cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor. Research continues to confirm just how dangerous these drugs are, with yet another study published recently linking increased statin drug use to type 2 diabetes. Since the study was published by the American Diabetes Association, these known risks to cholesterol-lowering drugs can no longer be denied or defended, and the lawsuits are pouring in at a rapid pace. Most of the lawsuits at this point are from women who have suffered with diabetes as a result of taking cholesterol-lowering drugs, but lawsuits over breast cancer, Alzheimer’s, liver damage, and others may soon follow now that it is generally known how dangerous these drugs are.

More here http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/thousands-sue-for-damages-against-cholesterol-drugs-as-big-pharma-defends-billion-dollar-industry/

Do you, or have you taken statins, would you take statins, what say you on stains ?

Eddie
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs Empty Re: Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs

Post by zand Mon Sep 08 2014, 11:22

I have never taken statins although they have been offered to me many times. I wouldn't take them because they are said to cause fatigue and muscle pains, both things I have had problems with in the past. They are prescribed 'to lower the risk of heart attacks'. It is well known that statins can damage muscles in some people, the heart is a muscle too. So logically, why would you take a drug that can damage muscle to protect the heart?
    cold ethyl

Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs Empty Re: Thousands Sue for Damages Against Cholesterol Drugs

Post by cold ethyl Mon Sep 08 2014, 12:06

Offered and declined them. They just have too many side effects for my liking and given that diabetes is one of them, and I'm already diabetic, they seem a bit of a non starter in my book. At my DESMOND a chap asked about the link and was told no that won't be why as they don't cause diabetes .. Obviously they don't read the latest information. The bloke asking was told it was most likely his weight which seemed odd as he was away over 6ft and maybe at best a stone overweight to look at. Mmm.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 08 2014, 16:44

zand wrote:I have never taken statins although they have been offered to me many times.  I wouldn't take them because they are said to cause fatigue and muscle pains, both things I have had problems with in the past.  They are prescribed 'to lower the risk of heart attacks'.  It is well known that statins can damage muscles in some people, the heart is a muscle too.  So logically, why would you take a drug that can damage muscle to protect the heart?

I have been offered statins many times, not with a ten foot pole would I touch them, and I am an atheroscleroses job, which I believe was brought about by 20 years of a low fat high carb diet. As Zand said "statins can damage muscles in some people, the heart is a muscle too" that alone is a reason to keep well away from statins. Also, I believe the cholesterol hypothesis is complete and utter tosh.

Eddie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 22:35