THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
mo1905
Eddie
6 posters

And the results are in ...

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

And the results are in ... Empty And the results are in ...

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 07 2015, 13:31

Meanwhile over at the flog it's not all skulduggery,duplicity and miss-information. Yet again we see a great success story and yet again it's our old friend LCHF it was ever thus.

05/06/2015
    HbA1c - 49 (I thought it was higher than that, but apparently not)
    Triglycerides - 6.7
    HDL - 1.3
    Weight - 75KG

28/08/2015
    HbA1c - 36
    Triglycerides - 2.1
    HDL - 1.3
    Weight - 66KG

Guys - this is thanks to the ideas and advice on this forum.
    Yes, OK, my diabetes was caught early and it looks like I've been able to nip it in the bud, but I'm thoroughly proud of myself and extremely grateful to the folks on this forum.

LCHF RULES!!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

And the results are in ... Empty Re: And the results are in ...

Post by mo1905 Mon Sep 07 2015, 14:16

They must wince every time a story like this appears over there ! Nothing to say Sidney ?????
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Mon Sep 07 2015, 14:24

mo1905 wrote:They must wince every time a story like this appears over there ! Nothing to say Sidney ?????

Great to see this posted up! Smile Sidney must be seething as despite all his efforts to de-rail-Folks are ignoring his rants and taking the good advice and reaping the rewards! cheers
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:29

Sid the Joseph Goebbels of the flog.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the flog can shield the people from the political, economic and/or poor dietary consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the flog to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the flog”
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:35

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." ....and healthy Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:40

zand wrote:"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  ....and healthy  Smile

And

"You Will Know Them by Their Fruits - “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves" Matthew 7

And

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of big pharma and junk food companies. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the unknowing through the valley of greed and lying propaganda. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost souls. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and sisters with their high carb junk and poisonous medication. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my hot buttered lettuce upon you."

Roger “Keto Warrior” Jenkins MBE
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Sep 07 2015, 15:54

Amen to all of that. Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Mon Sep 07 2015, 21:35

Eddie wrote:Meanwhile over at the flog it's not all skulduggery,duplicity and miss-information.  Yet again we see a great success story and yet again it's our old friend LCHF it was ever thus.

05/06/2015
    HbA1c - 49 (I thought it was higher than that, but apparently not)
    Triglycerides - 6.7
    HDL - 1.3
    Weight - 75KG

28/08/2015
    HbA1c - 36
    Triglycerides - 2.1
    HDL - 1.3
    Weight - 66KG

Guys - this is thanks to the ideas and advice on this forum.
    Yes, OK, my diabetes was caught early and it looks like I've been able to nip it in the bud, but I'm thoroughly proud of myself and extremely grateful to the folks on this forum.

LCHF RULES!!

Not the only success story today attributed to LCHF  thumb-up

4 Months and Amazing HbA1c Result!

Hi All,

A tad confused but also really happy at my progress (thanks to all the good people on here) giving me help and pointing me in the right directions…

Basically saw my Dr four months ago where he diagnosed me in May with my HbA1c of 103. He said to come back in 4 months and see how I was doing, so last week popped in and saw him.

I told him what I’d been up to and he said he'd like to do my HbA1c again and a cholesterol test as he was very concerned that I had been following advice from the forum, ignoring NHS advice and doing a LCHF diet.

Long story short I’m a tad confused but happy as HbA1c Sept

May - HbA1c - 103

Sept - HbA1c - 37

So I’m over the moon with that result, so I’ve allowed myself to go out and have a small packet of walkers crisps!

I’ve got the diabetic nurse to see (previously scheduled) on Friday but all things considered thanks everyone, and I won’t believe the result until I carry on with everything I’m doing, continue with my weight loss (I was obese [just] ) now just overweight, for another 3 months and see what my HbA1c come out as then.

Everyone - THANK YOU!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Sep 08 2015, 01:12

I know we are all extremely biased here re low carb higher fat, but has anyone here ever come close to good reliable control with any other method ? Also does anyone know of a diabetic who got into low carb early and kept to it, who has ever suffered from a serious non reversible life changing complication. I don't know any and I know a lot of diabetics.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Sep 08 2015, 22:16

After about 13 years (I downloaded a lot of usenet posts going back to before my diagnosis) I'm yet to see ONE from a credible source where the patient actually suffered any of the dire consequences predicted.

The only thing that MAY happen, though often doesn't, is that LDL increases. It's not uncommon for it to increase while weight is actively being lost, and then go back down again, that's just part of the process. At the same time though HDL invariably increases, often by more, and trigs go through the floor, which basically indicates the lipid metabolism is working properly again and the LDL is big fluffy non-harmful particles.

I HAVE seen a subset of nondiabetics whose LDL goes up a lot on low carb: I suspect this means they are people who are genetically adapted to eating carbs, which we aren't, obviously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 09:52