THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Paul1976
Sally
Eddie
7 posters

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! Empty DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse !

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 05 2015, 12:41

Just when you thought it could not get any worse the forum of flog sinks to new depths. Banning, thread locking and post deletion goes to DEFCON 1. The current mods, who if they put their heads together, couldn't form a decent log hut, have gone completely batshit. You have to go back to the days of the fired Stalinist mod Cugila, to see when the rot really took hold at the forum of flog.

Clearly the current mods have been modelling the joint on the Spanish Inquisition. Long standing and highly valuable members with no history of insubordination to the mods were banned, edited and thread locked by the deranged mod Osidge yesterday. "This thread has now well and truly wandered off topic. It is much easier for people searching for information that is vital to them if we keep threads on topic. PMs have not succeeded in keeping the thread on topic and neither have edits and deletions. I have, therefore, locked the thread"

This thread was as far as I can see the most popular thread in the history of the forum (other than the word game threads) with close to one point one million views, 1333 pages of comments equating to 26,654 posts. This was hardly a thread of no importance to the members. When a thread is locked, it swiftly goes into oblivion, and can never get back to the front page and read by many people again. Members were very annoyed and said so on other threads, soon to be locked or deleted I suspect.

The bottom line, the members are no more than cannon fodder, to be sold to and lined up as highly lucrative Guinea pigs for big pharma drug trials. As Mr. Arjun Panesar the forum owner said recently in the Coventry Telegraph "One of the ways the website makes money is by charging to put organisations such as pharmaceutical companies doing medical trials in touch with forum members who have diabetes" As can be read here. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/gps-give-medical-advice-havent-9766465

So there you have it, and the reason we call the forum, the forum of flog. And think on this, most diabetics are type two and those who control their diabetes with  a low carb diet have very little use for medications from big pharma. Lining up for drug trials and expensive products or services to control their diabetes is the last thing they need. And that is why low carbers at the flog have been banned, edited, and thread locked so many times, because there is little or no money for big pharma and junk food and very little to be made by the forum of never ending flog.
    Sally
    Sally

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! Empty Re: DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse !

Post by Sally Wed Aug 05 2015, 14:58

A very revealing article in the Coventry Telegraph …… perhaps some might like to send their support (!!) to the Lloyds Bank Business Awards?

I was amused by the statement, "When people are diagnosed with diabetes they usually get two hours with their GP.". Perhaps someone living in the area could tell us exactly what planet Coventry is on!
    Sally
    Eddie
    Eddie

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! Empty Re: DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse !

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 05 2015, 15:15

Sally wrote:A very revealing article in the Coventry Telegraph …… perhaps some might like to send their support (!!) to the Lloyds Bank Business Awards?

I was amused by the statement, "When people are diagnosed with diabetes they usually get two hours with their GP.".  Perhaps someone living in the area could tell us exactly what planet Coventry is on!
    Sally

"get two hours with their GP" I have not had two hours with my GP in over twenty years, let alone since diagnosis of diabetes.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 05 2015, 15:32

2 hours?? I'm lucky to get 2 minutes!!!! Shocked
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 05 2015, 19:48

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 05 2015, 20:00

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! Osidge%2Bramt

The numbskull lights the blue touch paper and squeals like a stuffed pig when it all kicks off. It was ever thus. Osidge goes missing for weeks at a time and only comes out to shoot himself in the foot. You can see why he was made a mod. rofl
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Wed Aug 05 2015, 20:05

"Thankless task" he cries but what does he expect when he pops out of retirement every now and then treats the members like 5 year old children?? Flowers and chocolates for all he 'Does'?? I think not!!!!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 05 2015, 20:13

"Thankless task" Well if you want to get thanks, good luck with that one my friend. Post reads are what we want, and get in abundance. Spreading the word is what we do, and we do a reasonable job. That being said, a very good day on this forum. I hope we hear a lot more from our new members and old members alike. OK, I can hear some saying, 'not so much of the old' apart from Graham, he truly is an old renegade. run
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 06 2015, 08:55

Poor Osidge ! Why don't you take a break for a few months or someth......Oh, you already do :-)
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Aug 06 2015, 09:57

mo1905 wrote:Poor Osidge ! Why don't you take a break for a few months or someth......Oh, you already do :-)

lol Someone else has had a very long break from here too, haven't they, huh?  Wink   I hope you're back for good, skiver. run affraid

Edit:  If you stay around Mo,  I'll behave this time and not mention that little thing that gets you very cross anymore.  Promise Smile However if you go away again ......
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 10:27

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! Capture%2Bbanned

Graham found this and posted it at our blog last night, looks like it was deleted because it appears to have gone missing.

An old Navajo Indian mod trick, wind people up, when they respond, hit the ban button, then delete your own post. Then to really get people set against the member, get your sock puppet multiple accounts agreeing with the OP, i.e. themselves. Works like a dream and gone on for years.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 06 2015, 11:00

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 11:16

"Hi @sanguine - the journalist who interviewed us (unfortunately) wrote a version of what we told her... her question was 'how does the website make money' and we responded by telling her that we connect clinical trials to people that fit the criteria. We now *really* appreciate how what is in the paper is faaaaar from what is said. We've called the CT to get the text changed (as technically, we didn't even tell her that)... and are waiting on their response - so will let everyone know when it's updated!"

More bullshit? A year ago the Sales Director and part owner publicly talked of wanting to tie in with big pharma. When we reported it on our blog, the story was very quickly changed as can be seen here. http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/dcuk-quote-of-day_21.html

Part of my post.

"Now why would I think the DCUK forum had commercial reasons for allowing low carbers to be called liars and spreaders of rubbish ? Could it be they have used the members list as a sales mailshot list for years. Could it be because they looking to tie in with, or off load the forum to big pharma as stated by the Sales Director Barry Summers. BTW Barry done a Nobblyhead and deleted all the below after I posted the full sales pitch and link on this thread here. Now, was that a coincidence or what ?

A week ago

"We are interested to hear from investors, M&A groups, strategic partners, health insurance or pharmaceutical companies who have an interest in improving outcomes in the management and control of diabetes throughout the world. An ideal turn key beyond the pill distribution channel"

Now

"Interested to hear from organisations who have an interest in improving diabetes health outcomes.

Diabetes.co.uk engages beyond the pill and our results stand at the forefront of the digital health landscape"

So there you have it, a massive coincidence or are DCUK wanting to hide their true intentions ? one thing can never be denied, nothing is ever what it appears to be on the forum of flog.

From the DCUK main site this morning.

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! DCUK%2BDrug%2Btrials

Last edited by Eddie on Thu Aug 06 2015, 11:31; edited 1 time in total
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 06 2015, 11:30

Nice post Rod. Also, what a great post from Zand ! DCUK moaning about things being taken out of context and misquoted yet their mods are happy to do it day in, day out !

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/from-the-engine-room.81633/
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 11:42

mo1905 wrote:Nice post Rod. Also, what a great post from Zand ! DCUK moaning about things being taken out of context and misquoted yet their mods are happy to do it day in, day out !

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/from-the-engine-room.81633/

This dishonesty comes from the top, it is an exploitation outfit. When they get caught telling the truth, they quickly change their tune and blame someone else, I got miss quoted, the information was taken out of context etc. Non stop lies are cool, but jeez when the truth comes out, now that really hurts.

The DCUK management could come over here any time and debate the matter, but maybe hell will freeze over before that happens. I expect they take the view Mitchell is a nutter, just ignore him and he will go away, but I haven't. More to the point the members are seeing ever more clearly how the flog operates. It has been thus for years.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:03

I just noticed over at the flog Squire Fulwood bumped Sanguine's post Saying "I am bumping this post in case anybody missed it" his post was deleted before I could take a screen shot.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:09

There's more than one way to bump a post. Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:11

clap
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:19

zand wrote:There's more than one way to bump a post. Smile

Oh and if you check the time of both posts you'll see that I answered the Squire before reading this page. Smile I just happen to like him and often answer his posts. It's purely coincidental that you were talking about it shortly afterwards. Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 13:28

zand wrote:
    zand wrote:There's more than one way to bump a post. Smile

Oh and if you check the time of both posts you'll see that I answered the Squire before reading this page.  Smile   I just happen to like him and often answer his posts.  It's purely coincidental that you were talking about it shortly afterwards. Smile  

These things happen. Did you spot his deleted post?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Aug 06 2015, 14:30

No I didn't,  I just thought it would be polite to answer him Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 06 2015, 14:35

I'm quite surprised at the lack of comments to be honest ! Are the members frightened of posting or just in shock ? It's a little like watching your favourite pub burn down :-)
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 06 2015, 14:40

mo1905 wrote:I'm quite surprised at the lack of comments to be honest ! Are the members frightened of posting or just in shock ? It's a little like watching your favourite pub burn down :-)

Probably too scared mate as they've witnessed what happens to folks who question the admin and/or the moderation team.

It'd have to be a carefully prepared en-masse of members bombarding the thread and other threads to stand a chance and even then I wouldn't put it past them to ban several hundred members in one go just to silence the questions.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 06 2015, 15:00

They'd just delete the whole thread mate ! They don't like members thinking ! Keep them discussing the ability to tolerate chip shop "chippies" and the 5 word story game :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 06 2015, 15:29

mo1905 wrote:They'd just delete the whole thread mate ! They don't like members thinking ! Keep them discussing the ability to tolerate chip shop "chippies" and the 5 word story game :-)

Or use one of the many old Navajo Indian tricks to keep the members in the dark.

DCUK Just when you thought it could not get any worse ! S%2BFulwood%2BS%2Bshot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 16:42