THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting Empty Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Post by Jan1 Tue Jul 14 2015, 10:46

Kris Gunnars recent post on Authority Nutrition Blog is writing about 10 Evidence Based Health Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting - he starts by saying

"Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting.

Numerous studies show that it can have powerful benefits for your body and brain.

Here are 10 evidence-based health benefits of intermittent fasting."

Link to his article here

http://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/

What do you think?

All the best Jan
    OldTech
    OldTech

Male Posts : 81

Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting Empty Re: Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Post by OldTech Tue Jul 14 2015, 16:03

I have been doing 16/8 IF for almost a year and I give it credit for enabling me to push my A1c down to 4.5. In my case I usually eat breakfast (eggs and bacon) mid morning and then eat dinner in the early evening.

I made this decision not because of Dr Fung but because I was observing that my blood glucose was not returning to normal after breakfast until sometime in the late afternoon. So if I ate lunch or snacked between meals, it would push my blood glucose up before dinner which in turn would result in higher PPs after dinner. With IF my blood glucose before each meal is close to normal (83 mg/dl - 4.6 mmol/l) which results in lower PPs after a meal.

I even recently testing eating lunch and still observed the same pattern, so it appears that I still need to do IF.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting Empty Re: Here are 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 15 2015, 09:41

OldTech wrote:I have been doing 16/8 IF for almost a year and I give it credit for enabling me to push my A1c down to 4.5. In my case I usually eat breakfast (eggs and bacon) mid morning and then eat dinner in the early evening.

I made this decision not because of Dr Fung but because I was observing that my blood glucose was not returning to normal after breakfast until sometime in the late afternoon. So if I ate lunch or snacked between meals, it would push my blood glucose up before dinner which in turn would result in higher PPs after dinner. With IF my blood glucose before each meal is close to normal (83 mg/dl - 4.6 mmol/l) which results in lower PPs after a meal.

I even recently testing eating lunch and still observed the same pattern, so it appears that I still need to do IF.

Many thanks for the update  ... your figures are excellent. sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 00:03