THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+9
Eddie
zand
Scandichic
janlyn
Thundercat
Andy12345
sanguine
Paul1976
Jan1
13 posters

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ? Empty The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ?

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:27

Apologies folks, I know this is nothing to do with diabetes or even low carb but even in the sanctuary of the low carb diabetic forum there’s no getting away with the fact 'The X Factor UK' is back on our screens this Saturday 30 August.

Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl and Mel B will be Series 11 judges. This is the 11th series so I guess that means we are all 11 years older? Where has that time gone ?

Can you remember who won the first series Question  Do you care ?    

Can you remember who won last year  Question  Do you care ?

When I told Eddie that the X Factor started again this Saturday he went green at the gills and said he’d have to escape ……..he’s gone fishing this afternoon to get over the shock - who knows he may catch a ‘Cowell Carp’ or a ‘Walleye Walsh’   lol!   Sorry couldn’t resist.

Anyway to bring the conversation back to low carb! A great low carb snack to watch The X Factor with could be guacamole with red pepper sticks, I’ll have to check out the recipe and put it up in the recipe section.

See who said The X Factor wasn’t low carb.   flower

Can’t wait to hear/read your views.

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ? Empty Re: The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ?

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:33

I'm with Eddie on this!! (Sorry Jan Wink ) When I hear that show is on I make a sharp exit to the nearest pub!! affraid

My wife loves it though!
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ? Empty Re: The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ?

Post by sanguine Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:38

Hate it hate it hate it. And all similar wannabe shows. It mostly just exploits and humiliates those who want their 30 seconds of TV time for the sake of discovering a few good singers to enter what is a fairly shallow musical genre. I can go to jazz or folk festivals and hear far better singers who wouldn't be seen dead on such a programme because they do it for the love not the money.

I'll get my coat ...
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Thu Aug 28 2014, 16:56

No No No Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad affraid affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 28 2014, 17:00

Well, bucking the trend here ! I LOVE IT !!!! Especially like the auditions ! My favourite though is I'm a Celebrity !
    Thundercat
    Thundercat

Female Posts : 15

Post by Thundercat Thu Aug 28 2014, 17:04

A guilty pleasure! I am a carer for my brother and he loves X Factor. He likes to have someone with him watching TV so gradually I have become addicted! Very disappointed Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole are back. It is very formulaic and is milked for maximum drama but still I can't help myself. Embarassed
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:37

I'm quite glad Simon Cowell is back. It's Louis and Sharon that get on my wick !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:43

Mixed reception so far ..... to be expected I guess.

But Simon Cowell sure knows how to make money and hype it up.

No-one's given an answer to "do you remember who won the first series". A free (virtual) drink in Thommo's Bar for the correct answer sunny

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:44

Jan1 wrote:Mixed reception so far ..... to be expected I guess.

No-one's given an answer to "do you remember who won the first series". A free (virtual) drink in Thommo's Bar for the correct answer sunny

All the best Jan

Steve Brookstein!!!! cheers Where's me drink? LOL
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:50

paul1976 wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Mixed reception so far ..... to be expected I guess.

All the best Jan

Steve Brookstein!!!! cheers  Where's me drink? LOL

You're right lol!

Thommo asks - Will it be a nice glass of red, a Jack Daniels or something different ?

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Aug 28 2014, 18:54

Hmmm...Tricky one tonight...I fancy a Long Island iced tea right now! drunken

Cheers! Smile
    janlyn

Female Posts : 17

Post by janlyn Thu Aug 28 2014, 19:12

I've never watched it -avoid anything like that like the plague although I do like Strictly!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 28 2014, 21:08

paul1976 wrote:Hmmm...Tricky one tonight...I fancy a Long Island iced tea right now! drunken

Cheers! Smile

Had to look this 'beverage' up but according to Wiki ........  Smile

"A Long Island Iced Tea is a type of alcoholic mixed drink typically made with, among other ingredients, vodka, gin, tequila, and rum. It is so named because of the resemblance of the colour and taste to iced tea (Camellia sinensis). A popular version mixes equal parts vodka, gin, tequila, rum, and triple sec with 1½ parts sour mix and a splash of cola, which gives the drink the same amber hue as its namesake."

WOW drunken

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 28 2014, 21:14

janlyn wrote:I've never watched it -avoid anything like that like the plague although I do like Strictly!

I just love Strictly ......although some can't stand it. Dare I say I prefer it to The X Factor  sunny

The winner of The X Factor I most remember is Leona Lewis and that is going back a few years !

All the best Jan
    Thundercat
    Thundercat

Female Posts : 15

Post by Thundercat Fri Aug 29 2014, 00:51

Sharon Osborne is dnefinitely an acquired taste! A bit wearing on the nerves. I thought it was a shame that Jamaine came 2nd two years ago. I also love Strictly. No Brucie this year. Anyone know who got his job?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 29 2014, 09:40

I thought those 2 ladies were just going to carry on presenting it. The ones who used to do the Sun night show.
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Fri Aug 29 2014, 09:51

mo1905 wrote:Well, bucking the trend here ! I LOVE IT !!!! Especially like the auditions ! My favourite though is I'm a Celebrity !
    Oh Mo! How could you! !!!!!
    I'm with Eddie and Andy on this one! I loathe it! I nominate Mr Cowell and all the rest of them to room 101. Mercifully Mr Scandi loathes it too so we don't watch any of them. Or the soaps! Don't even get me started on the soaps! Utter drivel! Mr Scandi was saddened and shocked to find a bloke watching X factor! He said you need to spend more time at Thommos hanging out with Andy and Eddie although from what Jan says you'll be struggling to get a pint out of Eddie as he never has his wallet! Very Happy Never mind, I'll get the drinks in Mo and Jan but only if Thommos promises to make it an X factor free zone! lol!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 29 2014, 09:59

Real men watch X Factor ! I'm not afraid to come out of the closet lol :-)
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 29 2014, 10:05

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ? Simon-10

Simon's new baby !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Aug 29 2014, 10:06

The X Factor - do you love it or hate it ? Simon_10

He's growing up fast :-)
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Aug 29 2014, 10:40

Oh dear, I can't believe I'm going to say this publicly. Yes I love X Factor and Strictly, don't like I'm a Celebrity though. That's enough embarrassment for a while, so I'm turning my PC off right now.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 29 2014, 11:15

I hate all these shows, but the worst program on the box I reckon is the Jeremy Kyle show. Wheeling out the mentally ill and thick as a plank and making big money for total humiliation. Jeez I could punch his lights out.

BTW don't believe all that stuff that Graham started about my wallet never seeing the light of day. The fact of the matter is Jan carries it in her handbag which weighs about half a ton, why she needs all that crap with her everywhere she goes is beyond me, Wimmin eh. affraid

Heading for the bunker Eddie
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Fri Aug 29 2014, 11:35

eddie1 wrote:I hate all these shows, but the worst program on the box I reckon is the Jeremy Kyle show. Wheeling out the mentally ill and thick as a plank and making big money for total humiliation. Jeez I could punch his lights out.

BTW don't believe all that stuff that Graham started about my wallet never seeing the light of day. The fact of the matter is Jan carries it in her handbag which weighs about half a ton, why she needs all that crap with her everywhere she goes is beyond me, Wimmin eh. affraid

I hate to tell you this but Jan says she hasn't seen your wallet either! (This was over a bottle of wine at Thommos). You will be in big trouble if she sees the post about her handbag!
    I also hate Jezza. Mr Scandi finds him hilarious for all the wrong reasons. I have pointed out that when he has turned off the TV these poor souls have to the pick up the pieces of their lives!
    What about soaps? Give me a good old fashioned murder mystery any day! I don't mind strictly but Mr Scandi refuses point blank!
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Aug 29 2014, 11:44

Only soap I indulge in is the Archers.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Aug 29 2014, 12:09

eddie1 wrote:BTW don't believe all that stuff that Graham started about my wallet never seeing the light of day. The fact of the matter is Jan carries it in her handbag which weighs about half a ton, why she needs all that crap with her everywhere she goes is beyond me, Wimmin eh. affraid

Sigh, am I the only woman who never carries a handbag?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 07:06