THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Paul1976
Indy51
zand
graham64
8 posters

BDA dietitian says It's time to start eating carbs again:

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

BDA dietitian says It's time to start eating carbs again: - Page 2 Empty Re: BDA dietitian says It's time to start eating carbs again:

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:39

Paul1976 wrote:
    Dillinger wrote:

What did strike me was Cuglia's footer; "Everything in moderation........." It's like Noblehead is a royalist in the time of Cromwell and is having to subtly show his allegiance to the once and future king...

Off with their heads.

Best

Dillinger

Even down to the extra long ellipsis............at the end.........and in between...............sentences..............now that's what I call................attention to detail.............and devotion to the puppet master.............  !!  rofl  

With the greatest of respect my friends. It is obvious the puppet master has been controlling and probably writing some of the post for his old "clique" since the days he was fired from his mods job and banned as a member. I won't mention all the troll names he writes under. As for the ............. many of the anonymous dross comments on the blog are the same.

One thing can never be denied, the greatest service to the diabetic community, was getting the puppeteer Cugila fired from the mods job, that be down to me and my great mate Graham. I wonder if those chumps that run the flog realise how the puppeteer has wrecked the joint, he must have cost the flog a small fortune over the years.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

BDA dietitian says It's time to start eating carbs again: - Page 2 Empty Re: BDA dietitian says It's time to start eating carbs again:

Post by graham64 Thu Apr 23 2015, 23:11

zand wrote:Well I've read the whole thread now.  

My conclusion is that you guys who were dealing with this kind of stuff day in, day out, deserve a medal.  I didn't realise quite how tough it was for you back then.  That thread really does show it up for what it was.  

Thanks from me.  Smile

I didn't find it tough zand in fact in a perverse way I quite enjoyed Very Happy but that said on a serious note some of the information handed out by the moderators for T2s on diet alone was misleading and could have led to an overtreatment of the "symptoms" of a hypo, 2 or 3 glucotabs followed by a carby snack maybe ok for a T1 in an actual hypo situation but is counterproductive for a T2 who is highly unlikely to suffer a debilitating hypo on diet or diet + metformin alone.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Thu Apr 23 2015, 23:54

"The sort of miscreants that got the insulin and type two thread locked last week."

Can anyone give me a link to the thread. I miss all this stuff - it happens while I'm sound asleep down under Sleep
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Apr 24 2015, 00:01

Indy51 wrote:"The sort of miscreants that got the insulin and type two thread locked last week."

Can anyone give me a link to the thread. I miss all this stuff - it happens while I'm sound asleep down under Sleep

Here is the link and some back ground I wrote on the blog. I was fatbird at the flog. Banned again.
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/recent-insulin-study.50729/

DCUK Has the pursuit of profit made them a health hazard ?

Back at the beginning of this year, DCUK sent out with a mailshot email to all the members, some very interesting and important information. It concerned new studies that confirmed Insulin using type two diabetics had up to three times the mortality rate compared to non insulin type two’s using Metformin. It prompted a member to start a new thread called “recent insulin study” this was latest information, a real bombshell for any half awake type two diabetic. The first post on the thread.

“A few days ago, the email 'newsletter' from Diabetes.co.uk flagged a very recent study which showed that Type 2 Diabetics taking insulin had 3 x the mortality rate of Type 2s taking, for example, metformin. The authors also flagged the mechanisms by which the higher mortality rates were induced by the action of insulin (i.e. they were linking the higher risk of death directly with taking insulin not with, for example, any differences in risk due to the existing health profile of people likely to be offered insulin).

This information was absolute dynamite, when you consider what sort of type two diabetic would be likely to be an insulin user. Clearly this would be a type two diabetic, who had failed to gain control of blood glucose, by other methods or non insulin medications. Not of course the typical low carbing diabetic. It is a fact the more carbs in the diet the higher the BG for diabetics, hence many need injected insulin. The low carb antis were not slow in realising the ramifications of this new information.

A full blitzkrieg was mounted, by the same wreckers and thread lockers, who have operated the same way for years. The same people that say they have nothing against low carb, while lying through their teeth. The same people that worked overtime to stifle yet another debate and get the thread locked. The thread did get locked by Giverny, the non diabetic forum administrator. Who stated “Thread closed. This isn't the place to be scaremongering and dishing out potentially dangerous information”

This was not dangerous information, other than for the high carb high meds aficionados. It was bad news for big pharma, for if most type two’s low carbed, they would need little if any medication. The $64000 question is, how dangerous was this information to the forum owners. We now know they are trying to jump into bed with big pharma, and too many forum members reading the thread, would have certainly had second thoughts about ever using insulin. I am sure many would have redoubled their effort, to get good control of their BG. And as most know, almost ALL the success over the last six years has come by way of low carb.

When a thread is locked it disappears into oblivion. It can never by brought back to the front page and come to the attention of new members. Usually it's dead and buried, just as the low carb antis wanted, and have achieved on countless occasions. Well, I have brought the matter to your attention. Thank you for reading this article. I urge you to go to the link below. There is some truly informative and vital information for all diabetics. Also, nothing could better demonstrate the skulduggery that has gone on at the forum for years. I have always put this down to around a dozen individuals with a highly dubious agenda, It is my opinion the DCUK management has at the very least, turned a blind eye to the corruption, or it is financially advantageous to them and profit is more important than sound information getting to all the members.

Many will have spotted the irony here, the management sent out the email because they knew this was a vitally important new discovery, and due to wailing and well honed disruption tactics of the antis, locked the thread because of "scaremongering and dishing out potentially dangerous information” Any dangerous information could have been corrected or deleted by admin or the mods, but no, the antis wanted it locked and they got it locked. Gone but not forgotten. Many times in the past whole threads and thousands of posts have been deleted on the forum, we know this because we back up important information on our server, as you would expect, this damning indictment has been saved.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Fri Apr 24 2015, 01:00

I know weeks tend to blur together when you get as old as us old farts, LC, but that happened over a year ago, not a couple of weeks lol!

I remember the thread well - and you're right, a perfect example of how certain people play the system over there. Delicious irony that their own newsletter set off the storm clap
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Apr 24 2015, 07:37

graham64 wrote:
    zand wrote:Well I've read the whole thread now.  

My conclusion is that you guys who were dealing with this kind of stuff day in, day out, deserve a medal.  I didn't realise quite how tough it was for you back then.  That thread really does show it up for what it was.  

Thanks from me.  Smile

I didn't find it tough zand in fact in a perverse way I quite enjoyed Very Happy but that said on a serious note some of the information handed out by the moderators for T2s on diet alone was misleading and could have led to an overtreatment of the "symptoms" of a hypo, 2 or 3 glucotabs followed by a carby snack maybe ok for a T1 in an actual hypo situation but is counterproductive for a T2 who is highly unlikely to suffer a debilitating hypo on diet or diet + metformin alone.

I was shocked by that thread because it wasn't even about LCHF.  The OP was correct, then the others came in to cloud the issue.  Their arguments were so illogical and they fudged the difference between 'normally low BG's and a mild odd feeling' and the dangerous sort that is caused by too much insulin.   Scaremongering.  Eat your carbs.  

It reminds me of the leaflet I got with a pack of warfarin warning that some foods could interact badly with it.  The inference was that it was the food that was dangerous, not the drug.  The other interesting thing about that was there was also a warning about taking 2 of my other drugs at the same time as warfarin.  My consultant only warned me about the interactions with food, not the other drugs.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 24 2015, 09:05

Thanks for the link. All before my time but surprisingly, not a great deal has changed. Some members make a fantastic, informative post, only to see it pulled apart by the usual characters over there. What did surprise me was Sid tried to make a funny ! CC hasn't changed a bit though, holier than thou and extremely arrogant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 18:27