THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Happy 89th Birthday Ma'am !

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Happy 89th Birthday Ma'am ! Empty Happy 89th Birthday Ma'am !

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:34

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Happy 89th Birthday Ma'am ! Empty Re: Happy 89th Birthday Ma'am !

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:39

mo1905 wrote:Happy 89th birthday to our Queen, truly amazing lady ! Link here:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/queen-elizabeth-ii-celebrates-her-89th-birthday-privately-windsor-castle-1497558

Any day soon another sponger will be joining the Royal Family gravy train. Sorry Mo, but the Royals are an outdated and costly relic as far as I am concerned.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:41

Really ? They are worth their weight in gold ! Yes, they cost a lot to upkeep but they make much more in tourism etc. I love our Royal Family and would hate to see us lose our heritage.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:44

Most of 'em are an adulterous fornicating bunch of wasters, they set a fine example eh. The Queen is of German origin and her husband a Greek. Heritage don't make me larf.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:48

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:49

"The British Royal Family Supported Hitler and the Nazis"

In 1937 the Duke and Duchess of Windsor visited Germany and met Adolf Hitler.

Prince Charles’ “well-intentioned” remark comparing Russian President Vladimir Putin to Hitler is ironic considering the well-established fact the British royal family was cozy with the real Hitler back in the day.

Prince Harry’s Nazi uniform, explained away as an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction in 2005, revisited a public relations disaster the royal family spent decades patching up.

Following the First World War, the royal family changed its name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor to distract attention from its German heritage.

Family members of Prince Philip, who is from the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, were unabashed supporters of Hitler and the Nazis.

Link http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-british-royal-family-supported-hitler-and-the-nazis/5383589
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:52

Loose Cannon wrote:Most of 'em are an adulterous fornicating bunch of wasters, they set a fine example eh. The Queen is of German origin and her husband a Greek. Heritage don't make me larf.

My post was to wish The Queen a happy birthday, not to discuss the entire Royal Household. Yes, there are wasters and adulterers but The Queen has set a fine example her entire life and has never set a foot out of line. As for her heritage, most of us are not pure bred English.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:54

Loose Cannon wrote:"The British Royal Family Supported Hitler and the Nazis"

Prince Charles’ “well-intentioned” remark comparing Russian President Vladimir Putin to Hitler is ironic considering the well-established fact the British royal family was cozy with the real Hitler back in the day.

Prince Harry’s Nazi uniform, explained away as an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction in 2005, revisited a public relations disaster the royal family spent decades patching up.

Following the First World War, the royal family changed its name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor to distract attention from its German heritage.

Family members of Prince Philip, who is from the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, were unabashed supporters of Hitler and the Nazis.

Link http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-british-royal-family-supported-hitler-and-the-nazis/5383589

If we continually look for the bad in people, we'll find it. Shame that this distracts from any good though. Again, my thread was to wish The Queen a happy birthday. That's it.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 21:59

mo1905 wrote:
    Loose Cannon wrote:"The British Royal Family Supported Hitler and the Nazis"

If we continually look for the bad in people, we'll find it. Shame that this distracts from any good though. Again, my thread was to wish The Queen a happy birthday. That's it.

OK Mo. I see your point, but you do a lot of good, you are prepared to put your life on the line every time you go to work. They do nothing for this country. They are the Establishment, and the Establishment is rotten to the core.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 22:04

There is dirt everywhere Eddie. That's why I celebrate The Queen so much. I can't honestly think of a single selfish act she's done her entire life. Since becoming a young woman, she has sacrificed herself to her Country.
    Is there dirt in the Royal Family, Gov't, NHS, Council, business, banks, sport, education, police, fire service, military, yes. I wouldn't wish any of these institutions a happy birthday.
    The Queen is someone I admire greatly which nobody will sway me from by posting Nazi links etc. I respect your opinion and have no wish to change it. Similarly, my view will not change.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Apr 21 2015, 22:11

"she has sacrificed herself to her Country."

Give me a half a dozen stately homes, a fleet of limos, hundreds of slaves servants and millions of £pounds per year and I will sacrifice myself for the country.

But at the end of the day each to their own. BTW Jan would agree with you, but she has been away for a few days. No doubt she will post later and give me some grief when she gets home. affraid
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Apr 21 2015, 22:25

Loose Cannon wrote:"she has sacrificed herself to her Country."

Give me a half a dozen stately homes, a fleet of limos, hundreds of slaves servants and millions of £pounds per year and I will sacrifice myself for the country.

But at the end of the day each to their own. BTW Jan would agree with you, but she has been away for a few days. No doubt she will post later and give me some grief when she gets home. affraid

Would you honestly want to swap lives with her ? Yes, she has all the trappings of wealth but can she really enjoy it ? Being driven around in a Bentley does not make for a happy life. As far as I see it, she has devoted her life to her Country. She has never set a foot out of line and if her only fault is her bloodline, she's OK by me !
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Apr 21 2015, 22:39

OK. Here's my feeble contribution to this thread. I'm with Mo. I like the royal family, particularly the Queen and Princess Anne. They bring in lots of tourists to the country so are good for the economy not bad.

I like Princess Anne because she isn't afraid to do real work. My parents owned cattle that got out of the field they were renting when some kids left the gate open. A woman in an old holey anorak stopped to help them turn the animals back into the field. It wasn't until afterwards that my Mum realised she had been speaking to Princess Anne.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 22 2015, 13:55

Well I've already reserved my seat for the arrival of the new baby and can't wait to see if it's a boy or a girl .......  sunny

And yes Eddie was quite right 'I was not amused' when I read his post about the Royal Family. We agree to dis-agree on this subject. It would be a very boring world if we all agree on everything.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 16:38