THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Two Collies
zand
mo1905
Paul1976
Eddie
9 posters

DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book. Empty DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book.

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 10:07

I see a new member called Syd is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book.

"Hi Syd you need to move with times. Get yourself a copy of Dr Deakin's book "Eat Fat" from earlier this year."

"Thanks @Totto , but I have no wish to waste my money."

Like the infamous Sid, Syd rubbishes a book they have not read. Meanwhile DUK are back in the dark ages re. sat fat in the latest Balance magazine. DUK are anything but balanced, their dietary advice has failed miserably for many years. The terrible audited NHS stats prove it. Until DUK stop being funded by big pharma nothing will change. It is my firm opinion DUK are the biggest health hazard to diabetics in the UK. Shame on them for the damage they do.
    Eddie
    Eddie

DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book. Empty Re: DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book.

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 11:15

Update to last post. From Syd

"Precisely @Heathenlass . I have made my own mind up on an informed basis. I can't with honesty say that I have taken ALL of the evidence into consideration as there is so much research out there but from my own personal experience the advice given in 2013 by Trudi was the correct advice for me to deal with my Type 2 Diabetes."

So, we have a type two, following the old recommended diet i.e. lots of starchy carbs. I'll bet even money their control is poor or they are on lot's of diabetes medication. Check the profile out.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book. Empty Re: DCUK new member is putting the boot in on Trudi Deakin's book.

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 11:58

Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:10

"I think you will find that she spent the time researching the older books by people like Taubes and Groves and rehashed them into her own new book its amazing what some people will do for money or simply to make a name for themselves off the back of the lchf diet fad isnt it?" Bonkers

Low carb has been around since 1863 and Bonkers calls it a fad, great to see Sid out and about. clearly his only reason for living is to poke his oar in once a month at the flog to rubbish fat. This from a man who is virtually bed ridden and on more than a dozen meds to survive. No wonder he is such a miserable and angry old man. Anyone up for a whip round to buy him some cornflakes and his beloved Celebration Chocolates?

Link to the 1863 Banting diet http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/banting.html#.VP2L9Y4giiw
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:12

I think Douggie is back :-)
    Same ridiculous writing style ( nonsense ) lol !
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:20

Shocked
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 12:28

mo1905 wrote:I think Douggie is back :-)

Do you mean Kenny boy aka Cugila aka a thousand other names, the ex fat copper who used to be a mod?
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Mon Mar 09 2015, 15:22

eddie1 wrote:... This from a man who is virtually bed ridden ...
    No one would even do it virtually Evil or Very Mad
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 15:29

DCUK Offline for maintenance. Is that a euphemism for, Anna and the Cherub are doing lots of banning and deleting, please bear with us. affraid BTW anyone had a look at the site the dynamic duo 'The Flying Sidzinskis' are quoting from which is here http://www.diabeteschoices.org.uk/commercial-and-media/

"If you would like to promote your brand to a growing audience of people with a keen interest in healthy eating, weight management and Type 2 diabetes, we should talk! Attractive advertising and sponsorship opportunities are available and can be tailored to suit your needs."

Sounds like a DCUK clone to me. As always my friends, follow the money.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 15:44

eddie1 wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:I think Douggie is back :-)

Do you mean Kenny boy aka Cugila aka a thousand other names, the ex fat copper who used to be a mod?

Oh no! Not the pipe fitter again surely? freakout

We should have a competition to see who can name the most troll names used by him over the years. jimlad

BTW Anyone heard from Shane recently? woot
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 15:56

"BTW Anyone heard from Shane recently?"

Sad news I'm afraid. Shane was put down at Battersea Dogs Home around six months ago, untreatable mange unfortunately.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 15:59

eddie1 wrote:"BTW Anyone heard from Shane recently?"

Sad news I'm afraid. Shane was put down at Battersea Dogs Home around six months ago, untreatable mange unfortunately.

That's a shame but for the best I would say...RIP shame Shane-Will always remember him every time I eat celery or cabbage and bacon for breakfast! jimlad
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:01

Who the bleep is Shane?
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:05

zand wrote:Who the bleep is Shane?

He was a prolific troll at another small diabetes forum and wasted lots of folks time and for a short while he was on DCUK under various names but as easy as an elephant hiding behind a lamp post to spot!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:26

Zand makes the big time, mentioned in dispatches at the low carb diabetic blog. Nice one Zand !

Here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/dcuk-quotes-of-day-re-trudi-deakins-new.html
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:45

Gee -  fame at last bounce Very Happy Very Happy drunken

Last edited by zand on Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:46; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 16:45

eddie1 wrote:Zand makes the big time, mentioned in dispatches at the low carb diabetic blog. Nice one Zand !

Here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/dcuk-quotes-of-day-re-trudi-deakins-new.html

Excellent work Zand! clap clap
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:18

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:Zand makes the big time, mentioned in dispatches at the low carb diabetic blog. Nice one Zand !

Only been in a little while ..... and reading around have to say well done Zand .... and good for you saying Trudi Deakins book is an excellent read, all who have read it know it is   sunny  

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:57

Jan1 wrote:
    Paul wrote:

Only been in a little while ..... and reading around have to say well done Zand .... and good for you saying Trudi Deakins book is an excellent read, all who have read it know it is   sunny  

All the best Jan

Yep....and telling the truth is so easy isn't it? Smile And a few people might even listen Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:58

zand wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:
    Paul wrote:

All the best Jan

Yep....and telling the truth is so easy isn't it? Smile  And a few people might even listen Smile

EXACTLY sunny

Jan  flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:05

Keep up the great work Zand ! The 2 Sids ( Angry & Dopey ) are clearly on a wind up. We need people like you to maintain some common sense over there !
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:38

lol Angry & Dopey.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:45

Sid and Syd='The Bonkers brothers'
    Anna and the cherub='The scissor sisters' as they cut and chop everything posted on the forum just for pleasure. bounce
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Tue Mar 10 2015, 00:47

zand wrote:Who the bleep is Shane?
    Have you heard the saying "ignorance is bliss"? - that about sums up both sides of the Shane story. Be very grateful you never encountered him affraid

It's funny how Sid is the only person who likes Syd's posts lol!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 07:56

And I never did like The Scissor Sisters. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 06:49