THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Paul1976
mo1905
Eddie
7 posters

Things that make me want to puke!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Things that make me want to puke!  Empty Things that make me want to puke!

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:15

This is going to be a thread I will have much to say on a regular basis. Maybe you see situations that make you want to puke, fire away.

Last night on the box I was watching a program talking about home carers. These people in my opinion are worth their weight in gold, part of the info was that it is hoped than within five years they would all be on a minimum wage of £7.50 per hour. Many cares are working hours for free and do not get paid travelling time going from one old or needy person to the next. This to me is an outrage. Think on this, and old person without their carer could not cope, they may end up in hospital costing at least a £1000 per week, or in an old peoples home costing at least £2000 per month. These cares are allowing old people to stay independent, they are saving the state a massive amount of money and they are treated abysmally.

Meanwhile, the largest companies in the UK are being allowed to dodge countless £billions in tax.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Things that make me want to puke!  Empty Re: Things that make me want to puke!

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:31

It is sickening indeed the lack of support considering some folks sacrifice relationships and a family of their own to look after someone,sometimes to the point that the carer is elderly and in poor health by the time the person they were caring for passes-I saw a program last night 'Benefits Britain' I think it was called and it highlighted a man who was earning £26,000 PA but had to leave the job to look after his sick mother-after a while his mothers health improved and he wanted to get back to work-whatever he could get his hands on so he could get off jobseekers allowance and he did a days graft for 40 quid cash which he declared to the jobcentre and instead of rewarding his work ethic-they swamped him with bureaucracy and delayed his normal benefit payment leaving him penniless with no food whereas if he'd not bothered trying to do anything constructive and stayed in bed he'd have been paid on time!! WTF!!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:40

Nice thread Eddie and totally agree on the carers thing. They are a Godsend to many families. Things that make me puke will vary but today it's ignorant, thoughtless motorists who drive like idiots and overtake to save a few seconds. I have had to cut too many people out of cars because of these thoughtless morons. Please all, if you're going on a journey, allow yourselves a few extra minutes. It's really not worth risking your life and it's often the innocent that suffer. I despair every time this happens. Take care all ! Hopefully something a bit more cheery tomorrow !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 03 2015, 18:54

Wise words Mo!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:47

mo1905 wrote:Nice thread Eddie and totally agree on the carers thing. They are a Godsend to many families. Things that make me puke will vary but today it's ignorant, thoughtless motorists who drive like idiots and overtake to save a few seconds. I have had to cut too many people out of cars because of these thoughtless morons. Please all, if you're going on a journey, allow yourselves a few extra minutes. It's really not worth risking your life and it's often the innocent that suffer. I despair every time this happens. Take care all ! Hopefully something a bit more cheery tomorrow !

Good post Mo ..... I do often wish motorists would slow down, so much better to get to your destination safely than to have to do a detour via a hospital or even worse not get there at all.

All too often we rush around without properly thinking things through.

Jan

flower
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Thu Mar 05 2015, 11:56

This is a very minor incident that happened to me before Christmas. No danger, it just showed a total lack of understanding of the needs of others. It loosely involves both of the groups already mentioned: carers and drivers.

I went with my husband to collect my Aunt from hospital. She had had a 3 day stay there due to a fall. She is 89 and has dementia and poor eyesight. My husband went to fetch the car while I waited with my Aunt . When we saw him pulling up we were ready to get straight in the car. There was no place to stop and he stopped in the only available gap and used about a metre of a bus stop. A bus pulled up really close behind and the driver started swearing at me. I helped my aunt into the car and lifted her leg in and did up the seat belt for her. I put her bag and walking stick in the back seat with me. The bus driver was yelling at me for taking so much time. He could see my Aunt was elderly and infirm and unable to walk very far and obviously she wouldn't be feeling at her best - she had just left hospital!

When we left, the bus remained where it had stood; the driver didn't pull forward to use the metre of space we had used and he sat waiting for the correct time to leave his stop. So all that nastiness for nothing! You can see how tempers flare easily when there's idiots like that behind the wheel. I hope that man lives to be old and infirm too, although with a temper like that he'll probably die early of a heart attack.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Mar 05 2015, 15:53

Frustrating Zand. I'd have had a few words for him I reckon. Sometimes better to just report them to bus company. I used to smile when I get sat behind a van or truck with the sticker "do you like my driving ? Call 0800 etc". I just wonder how often people call and whether they are genuine. I doubt they get many positive calls either.
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Mar 06 2015, 17:46

Andy cared for his mum for 5 years she had dementia till she got to bad went into a home and passed a short time later. The biggest problem was lack of support as he was male, it is still out there, men are not carers so don't bother to support them is the attitude. l know 2 male carers lovely folks and no back up. All help and advice goes to females Andy went to a couple of carers meetings but got a hard time as he was male it upset him to much to go back.
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Fri Mar 06 2015, 18:11

I've come across the opposite phenomena: some man has to look after a child for the day and every woman for miles around is offering support/ to cook lunch/ take the infant to the park etc. As if a man can't take on a caring role once in a while. Doesn't make me sick, though, but it has given me the odd laugh.
    As for what makes me puke, I'm not sure, …… cleaning out the cat litter tray? I'll give it a bit more thought.
    Sally
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Fri Mar 06 2015, 18:40

Sally thats because a child is involved this was his elderly mother swap child for mother and it is a different case. And the 2 other male friends who care for family also look after their mothers same experiences.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Mar 06 2015, 18:44

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Sally thats because a child is involved this was his elderly mother swap child for mother and it is a different case. And the 2 other male friends who care for family also look after their mothers same experiences.

Well all I can say is these men deserve a medal. Looking after an elderly person is extremely hard work.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 21 2015, 10:45

Judge praises bravery of schoolgirls who rescued victim of riverside attackers

"Three schoolgirls who prevented murder after confronting two adult attackers in a violent riverside assault have been commended by a judge for their bravery.

The girls saw a man slip into the River Gwenfro in Wrexham after fleeing from two assailants, who then punched and stamped on him while holding his head below the water.

Rather than avoiding the two dangerous men, the girls went down to the river bank and shouted at them. The attackers, Paul Loose, 24, and Ryan Roberts, 18, fled as the girls came towards them.

The girls helped the victim, Jason Mee, 26, to safety, gave him a jumper to keep him warm, and waited with him until police and an ambulance arrived.

One of the three, Tia Platt, 14, a pupil at Rhosnesni high school, said: “I just felt sorry for him. It was wrong because he hadn’t done anything to deserve it. I just thought, we can’t let him suffer.”

Judge Niclas Parry commended the girls and said that they were a credit to themselves, their school and their community. He ordered that each should be paid a £200 reward from public funds.

“They bravely and selflessly intervened,” he told Mold Crown Court. “Had they not done so, what could have happened to the victim is beyond comprehension.”

Link to story here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11487154/Judge-praises-bravery-of-schoolgirls-who-rescued-victim-of-riverside-attackers.html

This story cheered me up no end this morning. Three young girls fearless taking on a couple of drug crazed nutters, I suspect many men would have kept away. Then I got to the bottom of the story.

"The men were initially arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

However, their guilty pleas to wounding Mr Mee were accepted at an earlier hearing and Loose, who had nine previous convictions for violence, was jailed for 28 months, while Roberts received 20 months’ youth custody."

So a man with nine previous convictions for violence, and but for the girls might have killed a man, could be back on the streets in around a year with good behaviour. I would have given Loose ten years at least. What's the message here? you have to murder someone these days to get a heavy prison sentence.

This week a man got twenty two years for threatening to kill a soldier, he was caught carrying a knife and a hammer. If not caught he may have gone ahead with his plan. Obviously he is a dangerous man, and deserves to be locked up, but I can't see a lot of justice looking at these two cases.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 24 2015, 09:06

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini hits out at 'sexualisation' of women in the music industry !

Things that make me want to puke!  CherylColeMain

"Cheryl, 31, said: “I mean, sexy and all that is great to an extent, but you shouldn’t have to sexualise yourself to be selling music."

Too right, and many Women have not hawked their arse to get to the top in the music business, they got to the top because they had real talent, and worked very hard, get my drift. Maybe someone could tell Cheryl, the less the talent, the more the arse hawking required.

Link to the bullshit here. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cheryl-fernandez-versini-hits-out-sexualisation-5383595
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 24 2015, 11:45

Wow ! For a woman whose only talent is her looks she ought to think more carefully about what she actually says. She writes none of her music and always mimes on TV.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 24 2015, 11:50

mo1905 wrote:Wow ! For a woman whose only talent is her looks she ought to think more carefully about what she actually says. She writes none of her music and always mimes on TV.

Well I sure wish I had talent like that Wink
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 24 2015, 11:51

zand wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:Wow ! For a woman whose only talent is her looks she ought to think more carefully about what she actually says. She writes none of her music and always mimes on TV.

Well I sure wish I had talent like that Wink

I reckon we all do lol ! If I did though, I wouldn't moan about it to the papers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 03:13