THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved? Empty Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved?

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 02 2015, 11:12

Red Nose Day this year is Friday 13th March! The organisers have set the task for everyone, to make their face funny for money! If you’ve got a face, get loads of ways to make it funny and raise loads of life-changing money.

I know many schools, offices etc. love to take part in this and it will be interesting to see some of the funny face designs.

Since its launch in 1988, Red Nose Day has become something of a British institution. It’s the day, every two years, when people across the land can get together and do something funny for money at home, school and work.

There’s a fantastic night of TV on the BBC, with comedy and entertainment to inspire the nation to give generously.

Comic Relief spends the money raised by Red Nose Day to help people living tough lives across the UK and Africa.

Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved? 740x740_The-Red-Nose-1

Will you be getting involved - or have any thoughts, views or interesting stories to share .......

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved? Empty Re: Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved?

Post by Jan1 Mon Mar 09 2015, 18:32

As well as it being red nose day this Friday it is also one of our members birthday ...... so I'm getting all the good low carb food, nibbles and wine ready....... or should it be some 'bubbly'?

Red Noses will be optional I'm told but please bring happy if not funny faces  Very Happy

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved? Empty Re: Red Nose Day - Comic Relief 2015 - Are You Getting Involved?

Post by Sharon Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:37

at a local school today . they had a cake fair to raise money for comic relief . bought some . cake stalls are popular for raising money but does it do our health any good . i don't mind the odd occasion though .
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:50

Did anyone see the James Bond sketch with his squeaky voice lol !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Mar 13 2015, 21:58

Sharon wrote:at a local school today . they had a cake fair to raise money for comic relief . bought some . cake stalls are popular for raising money but does it do our health any good . i don't mind the odd occasion though .

Many charities do use cake stalls as money raisers, and at schools they are especially popular. I have been known just to put the money in the pot and refuse the cake BUT you then have to contend with funny looks, or questions, but are you sure you don't want a cake !!

Each to our own but we do need to support good causes.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Mar 13 2015, 22:00

mo1905 wrote:Did anyone see the James Bond sketch with his squeaky voice lol !

This sketch has been talked about a lot in the news today and I was going to try and watch it BUT I missed it - never mind.

I do hope they go on to raise a lot of money  sunny  

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 07:06