THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Dillinger
Paul1976
Eddie
zand
jlecount
9 posters

keeping BG in a safe range during exercise as a type-1?

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

keeping BG in a safe range during exercise as a type-1? - Page 2 Empty Re: keeping BG in a safe range during exercise as a type-1?

Post by Paul1976 Thu Feb 19 2015, 17:59

That's the power of 'Small numbers' for you as Doc Bernstein teaches-much more predictability indeed! Wink
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

keeping BG in a safe range during exercise as a type-1? - Page 2 Empty Re: keeping BG in a safe range during exercise as a type-1?

Post by Indy51 Fri Feb 20 2015, 09:03

One of Dr Bernstein's Youtube talks is about this very subject:

jlecount

Post by jlecount Fri Feb 20 2015, 14:38

Thanks! Good link. I've read his book, which is what inspired me. After two weeks of LCHF, I'm kinda stunned -- as somebody with type-1, I had resigned myself to struggling for control constantly. I'm getting way better numbers -- and I'd previously had an A1C under 5.9 for years -- but now it's less struggle, way better day-to-day averages, and way less long-term 'what-am-i-doing-to-my-body' anxiety, which I am sure I don't have to explain to anybody here...

Another surprising and enjoyable fact is how easily I can avoid carbs that would have been tempting to me previously. Seeing how flat I can keep my BG is more reward, frankly, than the 10 minutes of enjoyment while eating a <whatever> then having subsequent BG swings, etc.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Feb 20 2015, 14:40

Really pleased things are going so well for you Jason-Well done! thumb-up
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Feb 20 2015, 17:21

Paul wrote:Really pleased things are going so well for you Jason-Well done! thumb-up

I'm seconding that "Really pleased things are going well for you Jason" sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:54

jlecount wrote:Thanks!  Good link.  I've read his book, which is what inspired me.  After two weeks of LCHF, I'm kinda stunned -- as somebody with type-1, I had resigned myself to struggling for control constantly.  I'm getting way better numbers -- and I'd previously had an A1C under 5.9 for years -- but now it's less struggle, way better day-to-day averages, and way less long-term 'what-am-i-doing-to-my-body' anxiety, which I am sure I don't have to explain to anybody here...

Another surprising and enjoyable fact is how easily I can avoid carbs that would have been tempting to me previously.  Seeing how flat I can keep my BG is more reward, frankly, than the 10 minutes of enjoyment while eating a <whatever> then having subsequent BG swings, etc.

Cheers,
    Jason

Seeing you'd signed into the Forum recently - hope things are still going well Jason .........   sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 13:11