THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Waste of time or do you think this will help ?

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Waste of time or do you think this will help ? Empty Waste of time or do you think this will help ?

Post by mo1905 Wed Jan 28 2015, 16:19

As the title suggests, what are your thoughts. Only approx a third of diabetics manage half decent control and if you are one of these, it will flash up as you get a prescription. You will then be given an A4 piece of paper with tips how to improve things. I know my thoughts, how about you ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30979414
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Waste of time or do you think this will help ? Empty Re: Waste of time or do you think this will help ?

Post by Paul1976 Wed Jan 28 2015, 16:26

mo1905 wrote:As the title suggests, what are your thoughts. Only approx a third of diabetics manage half decent control and if you are one of these, it will flash up as you get a prescription. You will then be given an A4 piece of paper with tips how to improve things. I know my thoughts, how about you ?

LOL!! Sounds like the 'Eatwell plate' Police!! Twisted Evil "Back away from the doughnut you fat bastard..." affraid
    But in all seriousness,we all know apathy plays its part with some diabetics but printing out healthy eating tips from the current dietary guidelines won't help and for those who follow the NHS advice-It's more than likely to be the cause in their worsening of diabetic control in the first place.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Waste of time or do you think this will help ? Empty Re: Waste of time or do you think this will help ?

Post by mo1905 Wed Jan 28 2015, 16:41

My thoughts too Paul. I'd like to see a copy of this "miraculous" A4 sheet of paper that will deal with those that fail to meet current NHS targets !
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Wed Jan 28 2015, 17:41

Yes, I saw this on the BBC News page and thought, "what are they wasting money on now?".  If they make it to our part of the country, I expect my husband will get given one (although his doctor may have more sense), simply because his cholesterol levels are what we consider to be healthy, but aren't low enough for the statinators.  I would anticipate such "prescriptions" to be superficial, patronising and plain wrong, but then (do I see pigs flying across the room?) they may be in depth, detailed, discursive, informative and up to date.  In my dreams.
    I wish they would just get to the root of the issue and tell people, clearly and simply, that bread, pasta, chips, pizza etc have to go.  That these foodstuffs are, or will, damage their quality of life and may send them to an early grave.  But then we are not allowed to upset people or tell them to stop doing things they enjoy.
    I can feel myself becoming cross!
    Sally
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Jan 28 2015, 21:30

mo1905 wrote:As the title suggests, what are your thoughts. Only approx a third of diabetics manage half decent control and if you are one of these, it will flash up as you get a prescription. You will then be given an A4 piece of paper with tips how to improve things. I know my thoughts, how about you ?

I reckon I'll be getting an A4 sheet because although my A1c and BP is OK my total cholesterol is high Laughing if I do it will be interesting to see just what they propose Cool My guess is low fat and plenty of starchy carbs freakout
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Jan 28 2015, 21:45

graham64 wrote:

I reckon I'll be getting an A4 sheet because although my A1c and BP is OK my total cholesterol is high Laughing if I do it will be interesting to see just what they propose Cool My guess is low fat and plenty of starchy carbs freakout

It would be good if someone could post a copy here ! Who will be first to get the dreaded A4 served ?????
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Jan 28 2015, 21:52

mo1905 wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

It would be good if someone could post a copy here ! Who will be first to get the dreaded A4 served ?????

If I get one will scan and copy it here, my review's due in March so let's wait and see what happens Cool
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Thu Jan 29 2015, 13:10

At best, it is probably a waste of paper.  At worst, it will be something to fob off on people who are being misdiagnosed as T2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 22:25