THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
graham64
sanguine
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Paul1976
Eddie
10 posters

DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:21

eddie1 wrote:

Don't lock it Anna, well, not until the pubs get going.

Too late!! jimlad
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! - Page 2 Empty Re: DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:24

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:

Don't lock it Anna, well, not until the pubs get going.

Too late!! jimlad

Starts a thread, doesn't like the answers, spits the dummy.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:25

Lol
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:29

Majority over minority is obvious within this thread .
    Clear what has happened !

Thread closed . DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! - Page 2 Lego-man-laughing-smiley-emoticon
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:32

Andy12345 wrote:Lol
    Indeed.  It would be funnier if it wasn't a health forum.  Now the good news on that thread, which could actually help people and save lives, will sink into obscurity.  It's twisted.

Anyhoo,  I'm off to make soup Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:36

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:
    Indeed.  It would be funnier if it wasn't a health forum.  Now the good news on that thread, which could actually help people and save lives, will sink into obscurity.  It's twisted.

Anyone else noticed visitors can't go back more than ten pages on the flog these days ? wtf
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:38

"Majority over minority..." and "Clear what has happened"

Hmmm...There's 3 ways of looking at those statements,either...

A: She's pissed that LCHF does work and that no-one backed her up to say otherwise...

B: She believes that all the success stories are the result of one poster with multiple user accounts...

C: She's an arrogant drama queen who can NEVER accept she might be wrong...

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:46

eddie1 wrote:
    Avocado Sevenfold wrote:

Anyone else noticed visitors can't go back more than ten pages on the flog these days ? wtf

Hadn't noticed that yet but could it be that they've cottoned on to folks looking at the archives to trip up and expose certain members inconsistencies (The sort of members who praised LCHF in the past and then turned against it and then edited their old posts) Wink
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:48

Such a shame I was offline and missed all the fun Twisted Evil
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:49

Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:
    Avocado Sevenfold wrote:

Hadn't noticed that yet but could it be that they've cottoned on to folks looking at the archives to trip up and expose certain members inconsistencies (The sort of members who praised LCHF in the past and then turned against it and then edited their old posts) Wink

Do you mean Noblehead

Below is a copy of a thread I placed on this blog 12 September 2012. Within a very short time Noblehead edited out a large part of his post at diabetes.co.uk. It's obvious why he did this. Lowcarb had been his salvation as can be clearly seen from his original post. You will also see how he rubbishes his side kicks post, Sid Bonkers breakfast of corn flakes and toast. You will also see clearly what a two faced duplicitous toad Noblehead is. The $64000 question must be, why does he now not want others to receive the benefits a huge reduction in carbs brought him.

Eddie 16/10/2013 No more Mr. Nice Guy

For the last couple of years our Nige has been consistent. He never fails to get involved with the lowcarb debate. He waxes lyrical about the NHS and it’s staff. See a dietition he tells lots of people, see your Doctor, see your diabetes nurse, in short he is a one man public relations outfit for the NHS. Our Nige is also very consistent regarding prominent lowcarb posters. He goads and ridicules them every opportunity he gets. Accusing lowcarb members of lying, then when the thread heats up, he screams I’m being bullied and bellows for the mods. Rubbishing books by Bernstein, Taubes and Kendrick that have helped lowcarbers, dismissing them as “only interested in making money and causing controversy” but then has the stupidity to admit he has never read them.

So, our Nige is sorted, he doesn’t need books or lowcarbers telling him how to control his diabetes. He has his health professionals to do that. Who needs lowcarb stalwarts to tell Nige how to control his weight, control his HbA1c numbers, to reduce his retinopathy, to teach him how to store and properly use his insulin ? Yes you have guessed it, the lowcarbers sorted our Nige a few years ago. Three years ago Nige was thanking lowcarbers for helping him and improving his knowledge and health. HCP’s had let him down and he let all on the forum know in no uncertain terms, as you can see from his original post below.

This post from diabetes.co.uk was posted as a comment on this thread on Saturday. 'Books One mans life saver is another mans doorstop !' it clearly shows what the NHS had done for Nigel. It clearly illustrates what so many members at diabetes.co.uk have stated for years. The NHS lets diabetics down badly. It clearly shows the dietary recommendations are deeply flawed. It manifestly confirms our Nigel is at best a very confused man, maybe a man with very poor memory, is he a total hypocrite ? is he one wave short of a ship wreck ? is he the biggest liar the forum has ever seen ? Make up your own mind, I have. As you can see, Nigel swiftly edited his post placed on the forum three years ago yesterday afternoon. Could it be Nigel realised how ridiculous his antics have been attacking lowcarbers, could he be trying to cover his butt ? Our Nige has been rumbled and he knows it !

By Noblehead September 4th, 2009, 12:05 pm

"I have seen dieticians, read books, spoke to my diabetic care team, and none have offered any constructive advice on controlling weight. Reading this forum has been helpful, and reading other peoples experiences in controlling their diabetes and improving Hba1c's, has been inspirational !

I can't recollect at any time been given advice on reducing carbs to control weight. I have always been told to eat plenty of carbs at every meal, together with the usual meat and veg. Once I was told that a bowl of cereal for breakfast was insufficient, and should include 2 slices of toast also. Looking back I can now see how flawed this advice/information has been.

Cutting back on the carbs, reducing portion size and eating sensible foods, combined with plenty of exercise has changed my approach to diabetes. I am now eating approximately half the amount of carbs I ate only 3 months back, and at last my weight is starting to drop. Before I started to cut back I was 14st 12lb, and being only 5ft 9'' was well overweight, and my BMI was 31. "
    All the text above removed by noblehead on September 11th, 2012, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All that is left of the original posting.

By Noblehead September 4th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Today I have got on the scales and I am 14st 3lb, in total a lose of 9lb. Ideally, I would love to get down to the 12st, should this take till this time next year, I don't care much, but I will get there!

I know that 9lb is no big deal, and I still have a long way to go to get to my ideal weight. I just feel a bit miffed that I had to find out myself by reading this forum to gain this information. Somewhere, there has got to be a radical change in advice given to patients with diabetes!

Nigel

Last edited by noblehead on September 11th, 2012, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

''The Pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The Optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'' Winston Churchill
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Jan 25 2015, 22:04

One of the deleted comments from the thread.

Lol exactly...Anna we don’t need a Head Mistress, we’re not children

Lol exactly...removed unnecessary comments anna29

Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Jan 25 2015, 22:25

I thought this was a very strange thread by Anna from the start. Where were all her buddies ? This was started after Bonkers said on another thread there were "loads of members who hadn't lost weight with LCHF diet". He was challenged but never replied.
    It was amusing reading Anna's posts becoming more and more frantic as she soon realised she'd made a mistake lol ! Priceless :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:27

Apparently I have been banned for "circumventing" I think it's permanent
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:52

Andy12345 wrote:Apparently I have been banned for "circumventing" I think it's permanent

I have warned you Andy about circumventing, how many times have I told you to keep it in your trousers ? affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:56

Lol

Sorry Embarassed Embarassed
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:02

I see she has started a thread about cars now. I expect she know less about cars than she knows about diabetes control. What next, a thread about train spotting or maybe watching paint dry, duggie knows all about that. BTW anyone seen Neptune the king of the seas lately, another one on a banning?
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:26

Andy12345 wrote:Apparently I have been banned for "circumventing" I think it's permanent

Awwwww. I loved your circumventing. Wink I hope it's not permanent Mad Check your emails soon huh?
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Mon Jan 26 2015, 12:46

What strange language does Anna speak? I think she's just writing in a weird form of haiku.

"Majority over minority is obvious within this thread .

Thread closed ."

Or is she one of those pieces of software that tries to mimic human speech?

How utterly bizarre? She starts a thread asking for negative responses to a diet and then goes on about how there should be no negativity (contrary to the entire point of her thread) and then when there isn't (as no one who has actually done the diet has anything bad to say about it) she locks the thread because, as she so elegantly puts it, "majority over minority is obvious within this thread" or as I would ineptly put it; "everyone agrees that this thread is nonsense; so I will ban it."

Also, does that mean that she thinks that a majority view should automatically be banned because it is a form of bullying?

Weird scenes maaaaan.

Best

Dillinger
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 26 2015, 13:27

Dillinger wrote:What strange language does Anna speak? I think she's just writing in a weird form of haiku.

"Majority over minority is obvious within this thread .

Thread closed ."

Or is she one of those pieces of software that tries to mimic human speech?

How utterly bizarre? She starts a thread asking for negative responses to a diet and then goes on about how there should be no negativity (contrary to the entire point of her thread) and then when there isn't (as no one who has actually done the diet has anything bad to say about it) she locks the thread because, as she so elegantly puts it, "majority over minority is obvious within this thread" or as I would ineptly put it; "everyone agrees that this thread is nonsense; so I will ban it."

Also, does that mean that she thinks that a majority view should automatically be banned because it is a form of bullying?

Weird scenes maaaaan.

Best

Dillinger

As usual Dillinger you hit the nail on the head. Almost all the success on the forum since it's inception, has been by way of low carb higher fat. Anna was looking to drum up negative posts re. the lifestyle. It clearly backfired on her big time! The big question is why would a mod wish to start such a thread? Why have so many anti low carbers been made mods over the last few years? Why have so many mods worked overtime to ban low carbers, and propagate a diet for diabetics that has manifestly failed? Could it be because the forum owners have been trying to tie in with big pharma for some time, and the mods are acting under orders. Low carb diabetics are the Beelzebub to big pharma, no money in a meat and three veg and some modest exercise.
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:04

You would have thought though that Big Pharma could afford better evil hench-people than this though?
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:38

A mod in that environment shouldn't be allowed to start a thread other than one on admin issues IMO, obvious conflict of interests. But of course they surely don't have multiple accounts do they Twisted Evil so there's the dilemma of who is left who isn't a mod to start such a thread. Answers on a postcard please ...
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:39

Dillinger wrote:You would have thought though that Big Pharma could afford better evil hench-people than this though?

I reckon the only connection the flog has with big pharma is the 'Win a free blood glucose competition" that no one ever lost. Personally I don't think the flog makes much mony, how many buy the stuff they flog off their main site? not too many I would have thought. The long term master plan has been to build up a large data base on diabetics, the membership would have been rich pickings for big pharma and floggers of products connected to diabetes. It was a great plan until that low carb freaky eater Fergus turned up, what that guy started I often think. A phone call to him is well overdue, how he must be chuffed the way the New Year has kicked off, what with Trudi Deakin and all.
    sanguine
    sanguine

Post by sanguine Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:41

Bummer Andy, have they said that? Do they even know what circumventing means?
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:43

sanguine wrote:A mod in that environment shouldn't be allowed to start a thread other than one on admin issues IMO, obvious conflict of interests.  But of course they surely don't have multiple accounts do they Twisted Evil so there's the dilemma of who is left who isn't a mod to start such a thread.  Answers on a postcard please ...

Agree, don't forget Giverny has said they welcome multiple accounts providing the person has not been banned. I bet they do, for obvious marketing reasons. See link.

http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/dcuk-multitiiple-accounts-not-against.html

Last edited by eddie1 on Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:54; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Mon Jan 26 2015, 14:51

Anna's just a Marionette with Cugila's hands at the end of the strings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 21:01