THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+6
graham64
sanguine
Avocado Sevenfold
Andy12345
Paul1976
Eddie
10 posters

DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

LCHF - DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! Empty DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 13:05

People often ask me why are you so interested in the diabetes.co.uk forum, some have gone as far as to say "you are obsessed with the forum" Maybe, but that is a matter of opinion, but I do check into the place every day. Very often I am alerted about a thread via an email or a telephone call. So why the interest. Well the forum does like to tell us they are the largest diabetes forum in Europe and just recently the DCUK twitter account tells the world the members have a combined 900,000 years of diabetes experience, some claim eh. That sounds like a number plucked out of thin air to me, but hey ho, I expect some are fooled by the BS.

Let's talk about the 125,000 member list. Regular forum watches know most done a Cpt. Oates years ago, and way less than 1% are regular posters, even the people who have been permanently banned are still on the members list. I should know as I reckon I hold the record for times banned under various forum names. So, still with me? good, you get my drift, the forum of flog sure posts a hell of a lot of shit and shinola.

So, back to the chase. Anna the head moderator, who is a low carb high fat anti and appears to have a very limited knowledge on good diabetes control, started a thread last night. To me it looked like a futile attempt to get some people out of the woodwork with negative views and experience re. the low carb high fat lifestyle. It backfired on her spectacularly as can be seen here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/those-who-do-or-have-tried-lc-hf.70957/

In no time at all, members comments were being deleted and edited.

I can understand Anna's situation, the forum is flooded with low carb success stories, in fact the only success being reported on the forum for years, has been by way of a low carb lifestyle. I grant you a handful of good news stories, have been posted by low carb antis, over the years. But close inspection of their claims, look very dubious at the very least. One well known anti tells us his BG numbers improved when he started eating Pot Noddles, pizza and other junk foods. Believe that if you will, and if you do, I recommend you seek urgent psychiatric counselling.

So my friends, check out the DCUK forum, there is some fantastic information to be found, from some highly knowledgeable members, even if you are fully clued up, re. diabetes control, I promise you at the very least, you will be busting a gut laughing at the antics of the antis.

A typical rant from an anti.

"But Bernstein is a quack. He claims he invented Basal/Bolus...he didn't. He claims he invented the home BG meter...he didn't. He just keeps dreaming things up to sell books. He might on occasion say something remotely relevant, but often it's utter trash to sell books, like his current line of re-branding the Atkins diet he's selling."

LCHF - DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-A0T-iXx6kn8%2FVMAo9A5BniI%2FAAAAAAAAIp4%2FCogta3XU1GA%2Fs1600%2Fnyadach
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

LCHF - DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! Empty Re: DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 13:52

Poor old Anna! HaHaHa!! She was secretly hoping all the Beetles would crawl out of the woodwork to slate LCHF and they all kept a low profile...I was half expecting her to post "Ladies and Gentleman,please remain seated as we're experiencing some technical difficulties"...She was rude and patronising to some members and when they complained they had their posts deleted whilst Anna's insults remain but what can anyone do to complain? Report Anna's post so that Anna herself or Noblehead can look into it? Tsk...

BTW I wonder what chinese restaurant she got the fortune cookie from that contained the following?

"Open flow acceptance for all members here .
    No closed minds (acceptance for all ) regardless of what or which ruddy diets
    No majority versus minority - No team play with win v lose sides - No scoring system either .

Open flow acceptance debates/support - leading to greater understanding community support for all .

Gotcha"

Now that's what I call Tosh!! Seen clearer posts from spambots! jimlad
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

LCHF - DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! Empty Re: DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot !

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:21

I've been placed on holiday again I think it was my +1000 likes post if it's still there
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:22

Time for a new name, see if you can guess who I am lol
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:26

Someone says they saw on the diet doctors blog a comment about butter being placed on cheese. Anna plays her trump card "I love both - used separately 'only' . Works best for myself . Never together" post 112.

Can someone tell Anna there is a thing called a cheese sandwich and most people put butter on the bread. To be fair, that's about as far as Anna's intellect allows her to go when discussing low carb high fat. Seriously, she is looking more ludicrous with every post, and I see she is editing members posts again today.

What a farce eh ! the largest diabetes forum in Europe they love to tell us, with the largest numbskull on the forum as the senior mod. You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by eddie1 on Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:39; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:27

Andy12345 wrote:I've been placed on holiday again I think it was my +1000 likes post if it's still there

freakout freakout Bloody hell!! I thought she'd at least got over banning folks for posting +1 ! Apparently not but then again people are being edited by her for saying that Mackerel smells! affraid

Surely the admin can see that this woman's moderation style is crackers and she is not fit to moderate a forum? OR is that the idea? Hmmm
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:30

Andy12345 wrote:Time for a new name, see if you can guess who I am lol

LOL!! Sounds like a challenge! lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:32

Paul wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:I've been placed on holiday again I think it was my +1000 likes post if it's still there

freakout freakout Bloody hell!! I thought she'd at least got over banning folks for posting +1 ! Apparently not but then again people are being edited by her for saying that Mackerel smells! affraid

Surely the admin can see that this woman's moderation style is crackers and she is not fit to moderate a forum? OR is that the idea? Hmmm

Was Kenny boy, Tubolard, SarahQ, Jopar, fit to mod a forum? Is the Cherub, Nobblyhead and Anna fit to run a forum dealing with serious heath issues ? Not in my opinion, but hey, remember the name of the game over there is making money, and building a mail shot list.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:34

Paul wrote:

Anyone spotted the name I have been posting with at the flog for the last nine months. wtf
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:35

eddie1 wrote:
    Paul wrote:

Anyone spotted the name I have been posting with at the flog for the last nine months. wtf

I 'Believe' I might know this one. Wink Cool
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:36

I often wonder about a few names and which of you it is lol
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:40

@eddie1 Now he's been banned a while ago was Bob67 also you? lol!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:42

Andy12345 wrote:I often wonder about a few names and which of you it is lol

"names" being the word, let's face it a member never knows when they will be banned. Tell me Andy, have you just been banned for posting +1000 ?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:44

I think so, my ban was following that post, the reason was for breaking forum rules, it was not specific
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:50

Andy12345 wrote:I think so, my ban was following that post, the reason was for breaking forum rules, it was not specific

Check this out from twitter

Eddie Mitchell ‏@lowcarbdiabetic 1 min1 minute ago

#LCHF Anyone looking for a damn good laugh? check this lunacy out. Bear in mind this is the senior mods thread. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/those-who-do-or-have-tried-lc-hf.70957/

https://twitter.com/lowcarbdiabetic
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:51

Pop the kettle on please.  Indeed a break x
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:54

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:Pop the kettle on please.  Indeed a break x

You too? Shocked Any explanation? No
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:56

Forum of flog official notice.

Banning, editing and deletion will continue until morale improves. freakout
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 14:59

Sussed it mate! cheers Mum's the word! lol
    Avocado Sevenfold
    Avocado Sevenfold

Female Posts : 258

Post by Avocado Sevenfold Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:00

Paul wrote:

I've not been banned yet, but was warned about derailment.  That's rich.  Keeping away now and will just enjoy all the "I got fat eating lchf" stories as they roll in, while the management derail the thread by poopooing my food choices Rolling Eyes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:01

Pip says after many posts and is classed as a legend.

"I am confused as to the definition LCHF, as some people seem to interpret that as eating cheese with butter spread onto it, while others say having full fat dairy is enough.

I am also confused in how we measure 'success'. Is it BG levels controlled? Is that BG levels controlled with or without meds? Is it weight out of obese range? Weight out of 'overweight' range? Some or all of these?"

I reckon this person would get confused if they were asked their name and address. One thing is for sure they are getting on my pip.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:04

Lol too funny Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:04

Avocado Sevenfold wrote:
    Paul wrote:

I've not been banned yet, but was warned about derailment.  That's rich.  Keeping away now and will just enjoy all the "I got fat eating lchf" stories as they roll in, while the management derail the thread by poopooing my food choices Rolling Eyes

It was ever thus, but what a fun way to spend a dull winters day eh. Anna is after Sids head court jesters job I reckon. jocolor
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:09

From Anna

"Back to the threads topic heading please folks .
    Or thread will be closed ."

How many times have we seen an anti start a thread and when it backfires they bellow for it to be locked. Don't lock it Anna, well, not until the pubs get going.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Jan 25 2015, 15:16

Perhaps Anna is after promotion for an Admin job?

LCHF - DCUK The Daily Report Anna the banner mod shoots herself in the foot ! LC+antis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 09:44