THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+14
EvenMoreHeathen
Eddie
Andy12345
cold ethyl
Xyz
Thommothebear
sanguine
Avocado Sevenfold
Indy51
Two Collies
Scandichic
graham64
Paul1976
mo1905
18 posters

Welcome to Thommo's !

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Welcome to Thommo's ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to Thommo's !

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 12 2014, 12:56

we had a mouse night before last alive and in my kids bedroom, she's shouting theirs a mouse in my bedroom just after bedtime, this i couldn't quite work out until we found the little bleeder, i tried to grab it but it literally slipped through my fingers, the cat grabs it again and runs downstairs, it escapes under a heavy cupboard which I'm now pulling out when the cat grabs it again, i shoo the cat out the back door while my daughters saying save the mouse save the mouse, this i would understand if she didn't feed her snake once a week with guess what

never thought of ouija board to ask the spirits where the mouse went, next time, do they sell them at "pets at home"?
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 14:37

Ah well , the following explanation will remove all doubt whatsoever that my family is completely barking Rolling Eyes

The Ouija board is used not because I want to ask the mouse it's forgiveness should I inadvertently kill it ( I hate killing things so actually that's not a bad idea !) but because it's thin enough to slide under the colander once the mouse is trapped under it. The mouse is then transported out and away from the cats.

The reason why we have one in the first place is that the oldest Troll became a witch at the beginning of an intense Emo phase and that's a shed load of other stories Rolling Eyes He decided to purchase the Ouija board to contact the spirits of the supposedly haunted 250 year old farmhouse .  So he did so with a group of his undead looking mates, and appeared to be getting a result ( apparently someone who in a previous life was named Mnunthhh ) when the beams creaked loudly in the adjoining living room . My sister and her husband were woken up by five ashen Emo's demanding she phone for an exorcist . Now. At once .  A demonstration of how the beams creak as the temperature drops followed leaving somewhat reassured teens.

My sister now keeps the board by her chair and casually fans herself with it every time the eldest troll gets up himself with the attitude . And it works, every time . As if by magic . Shocked Laughing

Signy
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 12 2014, 15:57

LMAO! i have no idea what most of that meant and didn't understand the stuff i did, if its true or not you are very pleasantly nuts....i love it Smile
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 17:12

Troll : My teenage nephews and nieces. So called because they cannot be human. Surely?

Emo: Wear a lot of black. Paint their  nails . Also black . Dye their hair a lot ( see black ) Flob around a lot looking miserable . Mutter incomprehensibly. A lot. Romanticise death . Great fun when coupled with hypochondria affraid Bedrooms make Adams Family crypt look bright and cheery  More or less what we would call   "Goth " but am emphatically told that it is NOT the same.  Evil or Very Mad . Grunts a lot.

Witches and Ouija board connection : absolutely no fecking idea Rolling Eyes  Have tried asking troll but see above re grunts and " You just wouldn't GET it " Rolling Eyes

Signy
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Sep 12 2014, 17:14

Laughing Laughing Laughing brilliant!
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 17:17

EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Troll : My teenage nephews and nieces. So called because they cannot be human. Surely?

Emo: Wear a lot of black. Paint their  nails . Also black . Dye their hair a lot ( see black ) Flob around a lot looking miserable . Mutter incomprehensibly. A lot.  Romanticise death . Great fun when coupled with hypochondria  affraid Bedrooms make Adams Family crypt look bright and cheery  More or less what we would call   "Goth " but am emphatically told that it is NOT the same.  Evil or Very Mad . Grunts a lot.

Witches and Ouija board connection : absolutely no fecking idea Rolling Eyes  Have tried asking troll but see above re grunts  and " You just wouldn't GET it " Rolling Eyes

Signy

(sharp intake of breath), oh dear, I'm in more trouble than I thought. Now, I 'get' all of the above and did from your first post. So that must mean I'm officially really weird too, huh? I think maybe the doc needs to increase my medication. pale
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 12 2014, 17:21

One things for sure...I'm bloody scared shiteless by Ouija boards as they work and work TOO well-myself and a few others had one working once in 1992 and towards the end the tumbler was spelling spooky stuff out despite the fact we had taken our fingers off it and it was doing it's stuff by itself!!! Then there was loads of loud crashes and bangs in the house and that's when we ran like hell!!! affraid
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:09

Paul wrote:One things for sure...I'm bloody scared shiteless by Ouija boards as they work and work TOO well-myself and a few others had one working once in 1992 and towards the end the tumbler was spelling spooky stuff out despite the fact we had taken our fingers off it and it was doing it's stuff by itself!!! Then there was loads of loud crashes and bangs in the house and that's when we ran like hell!!! affraid

Oh I wish I'd been there sounds great fun! bounce Yep, I'm weird
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:20

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:One things for sure...I'm bloody scared shiteless by Ouija boards as they work and work TOO well-myself and a few others had one working once in 1992 and towards the end the tumbler was spelling spooky stuff out despite the fact we had taken our fingers off it and it was doing it's stuff by itself!!! Then there was loads of loud crashes and bangs in the house and that's when we ran like hell!!! affraid

Not weird at all! Smile I was totally scared by that experience but I still found it fascinating (despite still being scared of Ouija boards 'til this day) but it opened my eyes to the fact that things aren't just contained to what we can just see with our eyes.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:30

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:

Not weird at all! Smile I was totally scared by that experience but I still found it fascinating (despite still being scared of Ouija boards 'til this day) but it opened my eyes to the fact that things aren't just contained to what we can just see with our eyes.

Does anyone know why/how a television would turn itself on at 4.34 in the morning? It happened here this morning.....just looking for a rational explanation.......
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:35

I don't want to give the impression young teenagers were running amok with a Ouija board, at the time this happened he was 18 ( Can't tell me what to do, I'm an adult now. Mumble mumble....whatever ! ...)Rolling Eyes I don't think any self respecting spook would be bothered to communicate with anyone using this particular board , it's thickish cardboard ( thin enough to mouse hunt with though !) and decorated with dragons and dwarves that look like they need a good meal Wink

I've no opinion on whether Ouija boards in general do actually work or not, because I've never tried. On the whole, I find the living problematic enough without bothering the departed Rolling Eyes  Having said that, there are some strange happenings here, we have all heard a child laughing in the kitchen, doors open and shut by themselves as do drawers . There's also an occasional strong smell of tobacco, when none of us smoke. All the same, it's not bothersome and actually has a really nice atmosphere . Most of the time ! Laughing

Zand- weird is good ! Very Happy cat

Signy
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:38

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:

Does anyone know why/how a television would turn itself on at 4.34 in the morning?  It happened here this morning.....just looking for a rational explanation.......

It was "Channelling " ? Wink

Signy
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Sep 12 2014, 20:38

zand wrote:
    Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:

Does anyone know why/how a television would turn itself on at 4.34 in the morning?  It happened here this morning.....just looking for a rational explanation.......

We've had that too! Woken up in the small hours by the dog barking and rush downstairs ready to bash an intruder just to find no-one there but the TV,Hi-Fi,DVD player all on and playing to themselves...I would just put it down to my imagination but both me and my wife go downstairs and find the same together-my kids have reported strange things too and my daughters are too scared to go to the 3rd floor of our house alone-we've considered moving because of this.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:07

Ok weird is good! I'll remember that thanks. Channelling - lol !Very Happy

Some ornaments have also been moved on the mantelpiece in the last couple of days too. Oh well, I hope it's a friendly ghost. I'll let you know if anything else happens........

Paul, what an interesting house you have! affraid
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:11

We've all heard the same child's voice (girl?) in our house on several occasions when there is no way there was one. Not a negative thing so we all just accept it as part of the ambience. The cats often stare at the same point at the bottom of the stairs - but then they are cats I suppose. I've picked up on smells in a pub near where we used to live (lemon) associated with a ghost there but before I knew about it.

I've got a good story told by my FIL which I'll tell on a suitable occasion when we're locked in the pub due to bad weather or something. Remind me.

My daughter had some Emo-ish friends. One of them shaved his head apart from a stripe down the middle so she called him an Emohawk. Well I thought it was quite funny ...

zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:16

sanguine wrote:We've all heard the same child's voice (girl?) in our house on several occasions when there is no way there was one.  Not a negative thing so we all just accept it as part of the ambience.  The cats often stare at the same point at the bottom of the stairs - but then they are cats I suppose.  I've picked up on smells in a pub near where we used to live (lemon) associated with a ghost there but before I knew about it.

I've got a good story told by my FIL which I'll tell on a suitable occasion when we're locked in the pub due to bad weather or something.  Remind me.

My daughter had some Emo-ish friends.  One of them shaved his head apart from a stripe down the middle so she called him an Emohawk.  Well I thought it was quite funny ...

lol Emohawk - that is funny. I'm getting a little scared now with all these ghost stories 'cos I'm home alone for a couple of hours.
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:38

Ok, time to get more drinks in then ! Laughing Save the ghost stories until the end of October ?

Signy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 21:42

EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Ok, time to get more drinks in then ! Laughing Save the ghost stories until the end of October ?

Signy
    yep good idea! Mine's a sparkling mineral water with some fresh lime juice (no booze for me - so you could probably have mine if you like)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Sep 12 2014, 22:07

zand wrote:
    EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Ok, time to get more drinks in then ! Laughing Save the ghost stories until the end of October ?

Signy
    yep good idea!  Mine's a sparkling mineral water with some fresh lime juice (no booze for me - so you could probably have mine if you like)

Yes - we must organize a Halloween Night at Thommo's has anyone got any good ghoulish ideas for cocktails, of the alcoholic or non alcoholic kind ?

I'll have to sort out my halloween costume affraid

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Fri Sep 12 2014, 22:17

Jan1 wrote:
    zand wrote:

Signy
    yep good idea!  Mine's a sparkling mineral water with some fresh lime juice (no booze for me - so you could probably have mine if you like)

Yes - we must organize a Halloween Night at Thommo's has anyone got any good ghoulish ideas for cocktails, of the alcoholic or non alcoholic kind ?

I'll have to sort out my halloween costume affraid

All the best Jan
    Now I had a really scary Halloween 28 years ago.....my son was born 10 weeks early.....Oh and please don't expect me to dress up, I'm not good with costumes.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Fri Sep 12 2014, 23:01

Don't know about cocktails Neutral  buy what about a pint or three of Pendle Witch cheers

Welcome to Thommo's ! - Page 4 PendleWitch

Or maybe Blond Witch

Welcome to Thommo's ! - Page 4 A504fa0b60
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 07:09

They look so tempting Graham!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 21:26

I think I need to rest in here for a bit. I seem to have turned into a troll at the other place. Any green tea with mint?
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sat Sep 13 2014, 21:48

Oh hello Zand ! Laughing Join me with a bottle of Wychwood Breweries Black Wytch ? Cool

Nope, you're not a troll but great job in there ! Football ! Who'd of thought of that ? Laughing

Signy
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 21:52

Signy I'd love to, but I don't drink alcohol anymore, but I'll join you anyway.

Yeh, football! I loved your room 101 post. I hope you don't mind me copying it into that other thread too 'cos someone else wanted to read it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 06:53