THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+14
EvenMoreHeathen
Eddie
Andy12345
cold ethyl
Xyz
Thommothebear
sanguine
Avocado Sevenfold
Indy51
Two Collies
Scandichic
graham64
Paul1976
mo1905
18 posters

Welcome to Thommo's !

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Welcome to Thommo's ! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to Thommo's !

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 22 2014, 12:35

That's great many thanks Scandi. Honestly Eddie never has money in his pockets! There's no truth in the rumour I have it all.  lol!

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Aug 22 2014, 21:06

we just had an incident, ive bought some slightly (ok massively) bigger crickets for the gecko today, so i capture some in the box and put the gecko in hes bigger box to eat them, whilst transfering the crickets a couple get away, the wife (who is creeped out by the crawleys) jumps out of her skin, im shouting at my littlen to close the lid to stop more escaping, she isnt paying attention and is trying to close the lid with the now escaping gecko half in half out so ive changed my mind and im shouting for her to not squash the damn thing, all this time the wifes freaking out nd screaming about the giant bouncing crickets on the sofa which i had to squash, this saddens me having to kill them even though i am feeding them to a lizard (not sure what psychosis that taps into), now littlen in tears because i shouted and the gecko is happily munching crickets.....my life can be very strange
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Aug 22 2014, 21:22

Jeez Andy the only gecko I know about is Gordon Gecko from the film Wall Street. Who said "Lunch is for wimps" that's cool with me me, unless it's very low carb.

Kind regards Eddie
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 23 2014, 09:09

Andy12345 wrote:we just had an incident, ive bought some slightly (ok massively) bigger crickets for the gecko today, so i capture some in the box and put the gecko in hes bigger box to eat them, whilst transfering the crickets a couple get away, the wife (who is creeped out by the crawleys) jumps out of her skin, im shouting at my littlen to close the lid to stop more escaping, she isnt paying attention and is trying to close the lid with the now escaping gecko half in half out so ive changed my mind and im shouting for her to not squash the damn thing, all this time the wifes freaking out nd screaming about the giant bouncing crickets on the sofa which i had to squash, this saddens me having to kill them even though i am feeding them to a lizard (not sure what psychosis that taps into), now littlen in tears because i shouted and the gecko is happily munching crickets.....my life can be very strange

If this happens again, please film it :-)
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Sat Aug 23 2014, 09:54

Andy12345 wrote:we just had an incident, ive bought some slightly (ok massively) bigger crickets for the gecko today, so i capture some in the box and put the gecko in hes bigger box to eat them, whilst transfering the crickets a couple get away, the wife (who is creeped out by the crawleys) jumps out of her skin, im shouting at my littlen to close the lid to stop more escaping, she isnt paying attention and is trying to close the lid with the now escaping gecko half in half out so ive changed my mind and im shouting for her to not squash the damn thing, all this time the wifes freaking out nd screaming about the giant bouncing crickets on the sofa which i had to squash, this saddens me having to kill them even though i am feeding them to a lizard (not sure what psychosis that taps into), now littlen in tears because i shouted and the gecko is happily munching crickets.....my life can be very strange
    Sounds a bit like our house. I was going to work one morning and was just getting into the car when I heard screaming. I ran back into the house and found my little one screaming on the stairs! When I asked her what was wrong she pointed to her shoe and sobbed that there was a rat in her shoe. Being a feminist, I shouted for my hubbie to deal with it. He looked in said shoe, whilst I comforted my daughter. Is there a rat?no it's a mouse. Is it dead (had visions of cat mangled mouse in shoe!) holy crap! It's alive. Said as mouse leaps out of shoe. House resembled the high chaparral as hubbie leapt around the stairs trying to catch it. Managed in end. Late for work and head who is straight laced just stared at me like I was mad! Later went and asked my boss if she knew about the mouse. Boss told him that things like this regularly happen in our household. As a consequence the head now thinks I'm mad. They're coming to take me away, ha, ha, they're coming to take me away!!!!!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Aug 23 2014, 10:23

i come from a nutty house too, my mums house was always full of people, relatives permanently there sitting in the kitchen, my older brother and sister there with their kids, all the old people playing cards all saturday in the kitchen, about half dozen of em playing "kings" my mates came and went at will, even if i wasn't in, id go home nd find 3 mates sitting in my room eating chicken nuggets my mum had made them, the madness song "our house" always reminds me of home.... now we rarely get a visit at home, dunno if its just the way it is now or we are just horrible people lol
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 23 2014, 10:28

Everyone sits at home on forums now lol :-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Aug 23 2014, 10:32

what a terrible way to spend time huh  Rolling Eyes 
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 23 2014, 12:15

Could be worse ! I could log off, bring all my family round your house, make a mess, eat all your food, come home, log on, tell people about it :-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 23 2014, 20:42

Drinks after Dr Who anyone ?

Seems to be popular viewing tonight ....my son's even turned his phone off !!!!!!  Very Happy 

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:51

the kids dont have tvs in theirs rooms so our living room was a doctor who silence lights off cinema experience lol
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Aug 26 2014, 12:52

As it's still typical 'bank holiday' weather Rain Rain and more Rain Thommo has put on a special lunch deal today !

Choose from low carb sausages with buttery mashed swede or chicken drum sticks (skin on) with buttery mashed swede. Lovely onion gravy optional.

I'm going for the chicken drum sticks .....with onion gravy  Smile

Any more orders?

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 06 2014, 14:04

,,,,,,just dropped into Thommo's and he's laid on a complimentary drink each to celebrate Lewis getting pole position at Monza

Yippee cheers

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Sep 06 2014, 16:46

Jan1 wrote:,,,,,,just dropped into Thommo's and he's laid on a complimentary drink each to celebrate Lewis getting pole position at Monza

Yippee cheers

All the best Jan

Lewis done good! Smile
    Fingers crossed for a Podium finish tomorrow and hoping his team doesn't stitch him up in anyway!
    As the bar is 'Virtual' I'll have a bottle or 2 of Innis and Gunns 'Rum finish' ale! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 06 2014, 17:29

Paul wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:,,,,,,just dropped into Thommo's and he's laid on a complimentary drink each to celebrate Lewis getting pole position at Monza

Yippee cheers

All the best Jan

Lewis done good! Smile
    Fingers crossed for a Podium finish tomorrow and hoping his team doesn't stitch him up in anyway!
    As the bar is 'Virtual' I'll have a bottle or 2 of Innis and Gunns 'Rum finish' ale! Smile

My complimentary (virtual drink) is a gin fizz cocktail please ......

Cheers everyone - hope you've had a good day so far. cheers

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:00

Well - there's quite a few in Thommo's watching the big screen .... and wondering what sort of start Lewis will get? Will the safety car be needed?

All will be revealed in about two minutes.

Have a good afternoon everyone cheers

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:06

Disappointing start for Lewis down to 4th already with Rosberg in the lead-early days yet though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:11

Paul wrote:Disappointing start for Lewis down to 4th already with Rosberg in the lead-early days yet though.

.....and now he's got engine trouble again !!!  BUT wait - who knows what may happen.

Is Indy routing for Ricciardo I wonder Question  (with apologies if I've spelt his name wrong)

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:15

Jan1 wrote:
    Paul wrote:Disappointing start for Lewis down to 4th already with Rosberg in the lead-early days yet though.

.....and now he's got engine trouble again !!!  BUT wait - who knows what may happen.

Is Indy routing for Ricciardo I wonder Question  (with apologies if I've spelt his name wrong)

All the best Jan

He's up to 3rd now! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 13:18

Paul wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:

All the best Jan

Second now .....what a driver  sunny  

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 14:22

Jan1 wrote:
    Paul wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:

All the best Jan

Second now .....what a driver  sunny  

All the best Jan

Dare I say the moet, bucks fizz, sparkling water or a good old fashioned cup of tea is on standby for a Lewis Hamilton win ...fingers crossed

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 14:23

WIN WIN WIN FOR LEWIS

Very Happy  Smile cheers  cheers  sunny  sunny

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sun Sep 07 2014, 14:24

HE DID IT!!!!! Smile Go on my son!!! Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Sep 07 2014, 14:26

Paul wrote:HE DID IT!!!!! Smile Go on my son!!! Smile

Are we mad or not ? Eddie reckons I am but in a nice way  lol!

Anyway I am just so pleased for Lewis great, great, great  cheers

But Massa got third and he's a great guy too.

All the best Jan
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Fri Sep 12 2014, 11:07

I can't believe I missed this ! Shocked Usually I'm the first to suss out where the bar is Rolling Eyes thanks, Scandi ! Smile

So, a bottle of Blue Nun please ( just to wind up SpikeR ! )

Scandi, the mouse story had me in fits Laughing I can so relate to that, living on a farm and with five cats, two of which bring only live ones back . My favourite incident was when one of the Trolls brought her friend back from school for the first time to be greeted by her mum trying to herd the cat pack out the door by running around with an opened tin of tuna and me bottom up behind the TV unit trying to catch the wee bugger with a colander and Ouija board Shocked It's just so much fun trying to see a teen maintain their cool in a state of disbelief Shocked
    Signy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 09:05