THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock ! Empty Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock !

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 05 2015, 19:01

Once again Dr. Jason Fung dispels another great myth. High blood pressure? cut back on the salt right? wrong it increases your chance of a cardio event. Check this master-class out, well worth your time.

Sally
    Sally

Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock ! Empty Re: Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock !

Post by Sally Mon Jan 05 2015, 19:31

I haven't watched the video yet, but here is a piece about salt, presumably with a similar message, from the amusing and highly astute Dr Kendrick:
    http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2014/05/13/salt-is-good-for-you/
    Sally
    Eddie
    Eddie

Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock ! Empty Re: Dietary Villains - Part 2: Salt Scare another complete crock !

Post by Eddie Mon Jan 05 2015, 19:54

Sally wrote:I haven't watched the video yet, but here is a piece about salt, presumably with a similar message, from the amusing and highly astute Dr Kendrick:
    http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2014/05/13/salt-is-good-for-you/
    Sally

Nice one Sally.

"In reality, you can eat just about as much salt as you can stand – without harm. (Unless you have damaged kidneys and/or very high blood pressure)

How can I possibly state this? Well, a very wise Swedish professor pointed something out to me a few years ago. If a patient is very ill in hospital and cannot eat, or drink, they will have a drip put up to replace fluids. This very often contains 0.9% NaCl. Or nine grams of salt per litre. Quite often the patient will have two litres of this replacement fluid a day – which is (as you may have figured) 18 grams of salt.

So, we quite happy to give critically ill patients 18 grams of salt per day to help them get better – which has no discernable effect on their blood pressure, or anything else. Yet we tell people that they cannot eat more than six grams a day. Ho, ho. You earthlings are so funny."

Malcolm does not pull punches.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:20

Saturated fat is bad, eat starchy carbs with every meal, eat five a day, two units of alcohol max, cut down on the salt. This we hear from medics and most dietitians non stop and all a complete crock. Do they get anything right?
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Tue Jan 06 2015, 12:32

eddie1 wrote:Saturated fat is bad, eat starchy carbs with every meal, eat five a day, two units of alcohol max, cut down on the salt. This we hear from medics and most dietitians non stop and all a complete crock. Do they get anything right?

As far as I can see the only thing they get right is 'sugar is bad for you'.  And even that is only part of the story Mad
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:24

Is salt not good for BP Eddie or is that another myth ? I rarely use it as growing up we were told it was bad as my dad had high BP.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:29

mo1905 wrote:Is salt not good for BP Eddie or is that another myth ? I rarely use it as growing up we were told it was bad as my dad had high BP.

Watch the vid, low salt is bad for the heart big time. If you go low salt certain hormones increase big time which makes cardio risk much higher.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 04:50