THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos Empty Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 17 2014, 21:42

For those with time to spare follow the link to a load of new videos.

Arrow    https://www.youtube.com/user/AncestryFoundation/videos

Graham
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos Empty Re: Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos

Post by horfilmania Mon Aug 18 2014, 20:48

This is fabulous, thank you!
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos Empty Re: Ancestral Health Symposium 2014: Videos

Post by Indy51 Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:25

Working my way slowly through most of the presentations and there are some excellent ones, too many to mention.

One however that is really standing out for all kinds of reasons is Jamie Scott's presentation on the importance of muscle mass in health and disease. Excellent and well worth watching!

AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Aug 25 2014, 16:00

Thanks Graham. Will endeavour to work my way through them.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Post by Indy51 Fri Sep 12 2014, 07:50

Having another afternoon of catching up on this conference. Another relevant talk for diabetics or anyone interested in BP, salt and the effect of diet:

The talk is by Dr Linda Frassetto, neophologist on the effect of a Paleo diet on BP.

Seems like salt sensitivity and insulin resistance tend to go together.

She refers to diabetes as a disease of blood vessels.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Post by Indy51 Fri Sep 12 2014, 10:13

Another excellent talk is by Chris Masterjohn on "The Vitamin D Paradox".

He goes into the research regarding Vitamin D3, Vitamin A and Vitamin K2. Well worth watching:

AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Fri Sep 12 2014, 12:35

I re-read his article about K2 .on the WAPF website a couple of days ago. I'm also revisiting my 'Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox' book by Kate Rheaume-Bleue. I started taking 100mg of K2 per day about a week ago, and have just upped it to twice per day.
    Indy51
    Indy51

Post by Indy51 Thu Oct 23 2014, 10:32

Another really interesting talk by a former mainstream psychiatrist (now functional medicine practitioner), Dr Kelly Brogan. A whole new take on anxiety and depression:

AliB
    AliB

Post by AliB Thu Oct 23 2014, 11:46

Yes, very interesting Indy, thanks.

I wonder too about the role of HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) after pregnancy too.  This hormone-like element has been raised all through pregnancy to help sustain the baby, and it often elevates the 'feel good' factor within the mother.

Towards the end of the gestation it starts to lower and then drop to normal or even below normal levels after delivery.  Could it be a factor?  I know that the levels in some women don't rise as expected, but conversely, maybe there are some who experience a much higer rise than normal.  Maybe someone needs to do a study to see if there is a co-relation between higher or lower levels during pregnancy and incidence of post-partum depression?

I know I felt more well and had more energy during my pregnancies than at any other time.  Was it the raised HCG?  I didn't (fortunately) suffer with depression, but then I never really have.  My daughter did though, after both her pregnancies, but she is vulnerable to depression anyway, which just smacks to me of some kind of deficiency.

I do believe she has issues with gluten and grains - she had night terrors as a child, was very insecure and has had DH type lesions on her body occasionally.  She's gone gluten free at times but can never sustain it, and now she's married to a sweet man who is addicted to it and loves her cakes, she has little incentive!  She is very low and fatigued at the moment, even on antidepressants...

Grains, especially wheat, mess with the brain something awful, and also is a potent robber and blocker of nutrition. It concerns me now, knowing what I know about modern 'wheat', that so many wean their children on to rusks and toast. How many babies respond normally until or sometime after they are weaned? Dr Davis asked how children have benefitted from a grain free diet on his blog recently, and hundreds replied with often amazing results!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 01:51