THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
Jan1
mo1905
sanguine
Eddie
8 posters

Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb! Empty Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb!

Post by Eddie Thu Oct 23 2014, 17:42

Some years ago Dr Katharine Morrison helped me. She firmly believes a low carb diet is a valid and viable method for diabetics in the safe control of blood glucose levels. She is an expert in diabetes control and has teamed up with a type one diabetic lady called Emma Baird and started an excellent blog which can be found here http://diabetesdietblog.com/2014/10/15/hello-and-welcome-to-the-diabetes-diet/

I urge you to check the blog out, it contains lot's of great information and some wonderful recipes and food ideas. Well worth your time.

Eddie
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb! Empty Re: Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb!

Post by sanguine Thu Oct 23 2014, 18:55

Is it me or does she look a bit like Jenny Agutter?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb! Empty Re: Dr Katharine Morrison, a senior practising GP loves low carb!

Post by mo1905 Thu Oct 23 2014, 19:49

Great link Eddie, a wealth of info there ! And Rod, I agree, a proper ringer !
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Oct 23 2014, 21:57

This is going to be another fantastic resource. Dr Morrison has a type 1 diabetic son and has great knowledge of diabetes. She strongly believes in low carb, do keep her blog in regular view the link is:

http://diabetesdietblog.com/2014/10/15/hello-and-welcome-to-the-diabetes-diet/

I also agree she looks very much like Jenny Agutter .....hop over have a look at the blog, and her picture - plus her co-blogger Emma Baird.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 23 2014, 22:41

Katharine was member when I joined the other place and  was a great help to me and other newly diagnosed. Dr Katharine was recently involved with Dr Bernstein, Jeff Volek and many other high profile LC advocates in the following article:

Dietary carbohydrate restriction as the first approach in diabetes management: Critical review and evidence base

http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(14)00332-3/abstract

She also had this published:

Low carbohydrate diets for diabetes control

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1570767/
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 24 2014, 10:26

am i being thick? i can't see a blog on that link, just an introduction page?
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Oct 24 2014, 10:27

oh never mind, i had my page too small
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Fri Oct 24 2014, 12:37

Dr Katherine was great. A really sound calm voice when I first was on DUK. Funnily enough she never posts there anymore...

Reading her letter here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1570767/ makes me kind of sick; what has changed since she wrote that? Absolutely nothing; she is just as right and the standard NHS approach is just as wrong we just have more badly controlled diabetics because of it.

My father was a doctor and so is my brother I am deeply imbedded with the NHS but it is absolute madness that science seems to be the last thing anyone is concerned about.

The post about magnesium on here for instance or the fact that it is well known that diabetics are deficient in B1 or that EVERYONE is deficient in D3 and yet how is that dealt with by our doctors, who ought to be at the cutting edge of this stuff? They just put on their pompous faces and say 'as long as you eat a healthy balanced diet you'll be fine; now let's talk about getting you on statins as you are a diabetic.'

Well they know where they can shove their healthy balanced diets and their statins.

Best

Dillinger
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 23 2017, 19:16

Dr Katharine Morrison and Emma Baird

Diabetes Diet Book – Updated & Given a Make-over

The Diabetes Diet explores what people affected with type one diabetes and type two diabetes, pre-diabetes and obesity need to do to get mastery over their blood sugars, metabolism and weight.

The scientific reasoning behind the low carbohydrate dietary approach is fully referenced and made easy by menu plans and low-carb recipes. You will be introduced to information and case studies that help you decide what level of blood sugar control, carbohydrate restriction and monitoring is most appropriate for your individual needs.

This book can help those with type 1 diabetes AND type 2 diabetes. It won’t cure diabetes, but it will make living with the condition so much easier.

See more here
    https://diabetesdietblog.com/2017/11/22/diabetes-diet-book-updated-given-a-make-over/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Nov 26 2017, 23:26

Good on them! Yes I generally read their blog and was pleased to see they resurrected a lot of stuff from the defunct DSOLVE site. The Dietician Hordes are going to have their work cut out banning books as well as blogs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 05:41