THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+12
Eddie
Derek
RANDBURG
beardie
sanguine
Paul1976
zand
Sharon
mo1905
Andy12345
Moose
Indy51
16 posters

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by sanguine Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:44

Jeremy Clarkson? Twisted Evil
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 Empty Re: Television Series and all that 'Jazz'

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:47

sanguine wrote:Jeremy Clarkson? Twisted Evil

Hell yeah!! lol!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 17:56

John Lydon perhaps? Very Happy
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:10

Paul1976 wrote:John Lydon perhaps? Very Happy

That might make me watch it ...
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:12

Imagine the amount of editing they'd have to do!! HeHe! Twisted Evil
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:44

Loose Cannon wrote:"Who remembers the great Stavros Flattley lol !" Funniest guys since Tommy Cooper

I think Britain's Got Talent will once again soon be on our TV screen. I do enjoy watching this show, the mix is usually good. Young or old,  big or small - all  do get the opportunity to take part.

Couldn't help linking to this ...... I loved it when we first met this pair and I still enjoy watching today.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Apr 05 2015, 14:59

Yes ..... watched the final of The Voice last night. My two favourites got through to the final and I really didn't mind who won.

Top marks to Stevie - he comes to life when that microphone is in his hand and he walks / works the stage.

Top marks to Lucy - what a great voice, I particularly liked her duet with Will.i.am.

I think I would buy both Stevie's and Lucy's album should they both release one - what say you  Question

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Post by Sharon Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:57

lucy and wills duet was very good . i wanted her to win . now family are waiting for britains got talent . often good acts on it .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Apr 11 2015, 20:45

OMG Where Have I Been?
    completely forgot BGT is on ........ just loving it so far Smile

Jan

sunny
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Apr 20 2015, 13:01

Didn't Cornwall look good again in lasts night Poldark? I'm enjoying the series and pleased to see that a second one is going to be filmed.

Jan

flower
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Apr 20 2015, 18:56

I enjoyed BBC2 last night, forget what it was called but it was about a guy living with a family who are excellent fishermen & swimmers. In fact, they very rarely go on land at all. Great show. Tonight is meant to be a good new 4 part drama, "Safe House" on ITV.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 20 2015, 19:05

Just looked up safe house and it is the new Broadchurch apparently. I have no Idea what Broadchurch was though. Was it good?
    I am always looking for good tv as I spend most of my time watching it.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Apr 20 2015, 19:12

Yes Broadchurch was good. I'll watch anything though.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Apr 20 2015, 19:20

beardie wrote:Just looked up safe house and it is the new Broadchurch apparently. I have no Idea what Broadchurch was though. Was it good?

I never watched Broadchurch although I hear it was very popular. I saw a guy from this "Safe House" on one of the breakfast news shows and the clips looked very good. Also, a 4 parter is about the right length. I get bored when shows go on & on. My kids love Game of Thrones but 5 series ? Too much to catch up on !
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 20 2015, 20:16

mo1905 wrote:
    beardie wrote:Just looked up safe house and it is the new Broadchurch apparently. I have no Idea what Broadchurch was though. Was it good?

I never watched Broadchurch although I hear it was very popular. I saw a guy from this "Safe House" on one of the breakfast news shows and the clips looked very good. Also, a 4 parter is about the right length. I get bored when shows go on & on. My kids love Game of Thrones but 5 series ? Too much to catch up on !
    Absolute heresy. There are dragons In game of thrones.
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Mon Apr 20 2015, 20:25

There is a bit too much sex in game of thrones, but it is the best tv series I have ever seen.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Apr 20 2015, 20:26

beardie wrote:There is a bit too much sex in game of thrones, but it is the best tv series I have ever seen.

Perhaps I'll make an exception then ;-)
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 30 2015, 14:32

Well I haven't been watching BGT as much this series (thank goodness says Eddie), but on the few shows I have watched I did think 'Old Men Grooving' were good ... and the Welsh Choir excellent - but who will win? Not long to find out now ...  Smile

"After five thrilling semi-finals, we finally have our finalists of ‘Britain's Got Talent’ 2015, and the ten acts (plus one wildcard) will be battling it out to win a huge cash prize and a spot a the Royal Variety Performance.

The bookies currently have Welsh choir Cor Glanaethwy listed as the favourites to win, but could the likes of dog act Jules and Matisse or magician Jamie Raven sneak to victory.

Of course there’s also dance troupe Entity Allstars, dancing dads Old Men Grooving, dance light act UDI, singer Isaac Waddington, family band The Neales, siner Calum Scott and impressionist Danny Posthill.

The judges will also be picking a wildcard acts who failed to make it through this week’s semi-finals to compete for the big prize, with choir Revelation Avenue looking most likely to become the wildcard - and for the first time ever, viewers will also get to choose another wildcard entry. "

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 N-OLD-MEN-GROOVING-large570

Old Men Grooving

Story Taken From Here

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/05/29/britains-got-talent-winner-final-poll-vote_n_7469816.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK+Entertainment

All the best Jan
    flower
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Jun 15 2015, 17:57

Return of The Clangers

How do you recreate the magic of Oliver Postgate's children's classic? As a new series of The Clangers begins, Florence Waters talks to original designer Peter Firmin

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 Mothers_garden2_3324986b

Sorry ... couldn't resist posting this

"This is the planet Earth, to us a very important place. Here, our creature habits have changed significantly in the past 40-odd years. But if you sail out among the myriad stars and satellite dishes of the firmament you will observe that life on one particular serene green orb has changed reassuringly little since we first met its inhabitants, the Clangers, in 1969.
    The space mice are still busy. They are still eating blue string pudding and green soup harvested by the Soup Dragon. And they are still covering crater holes with dustbin lids."

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 Clangers2015_3325002b

More details / story here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11643023/Return-of-The-Clangers.html

This was a great favourite of many - be interesting to see what the kiddies of 2015 make of it  sunny

OK back to diabetes news etc etc ... Embarassed

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jul 31 2015, 12:09

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 P02nm3v7

We watched a lovely programme on the BBC all about The Pennine Way,

Britain's first national trail, the Pennine Way, celebrated its 50th anniversary on 24 April 2015.

The long-distance walking route stretches 268 miles from Edale in Derbyshire through the Yorkshire Dales to Teesdale, the North Pennines and the Scottish Borders.

More than 80 years ago, Kinder Scout was a place of revolution as people demanded access to the countryside. Protests resulted in a fracas on the fellside, a key moment in the battle for the "right to roam" for ramblers.

It was against this background that the idea of a long-distance trail in the North of England started to take shape.

Presenter Paul Rose takes a journey along the "backbone of England". He meets Sylvia Franks, friend of campaigning hill walker Tom Stephenson, the architect of the route as we know it today.

Well worth watching, the scenery is fantastic ... I think this link is the one you will need

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qt4kn

All the best Jan
    RANDBURG
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG Sat Aug 01 2015, 13:51

Hi all,
    We are currently seeing on One of our Pay channesl, "Who wants to be a millionaire", and quite enjoying it.
    I was amazed to see on a close up on a cheque, that it was recorded in 2001.
    Now that is typical of our pay channel showing us programmes that are 15 years old, and charging us the earth !!! banghead
    We do see more modern stuff occasionally.
    Is" Who wants to be a Millionaire" still current on TV on the Island ?(UK)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Aug 01 2015, 19:12

It's the same in the UK endless repeats and fly on the wall cheap to make cookery programs and other crap. Far too many media sources chasing the same finite advertising revenue, means less money for new expensive TV material. As for me I would not have a TV if it was my decision.

Is" Who wants to be a Millionaire" still current on TV on the Island ?(UK) I think it ended some time ago, it was a program I avoided like the plague, because of that smug git Chris Tarrant.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 01 2015, 20:48

I think quiz type programmes can be fun ... when you do your best to answer the questions !

But Saturday viewing later will be The Young Montalbano  ... as the TV Listings describe it

"A welcome re-run of this prequel series, which in some respects bettered the original. The direction and storytelling are sharper, the music lingers in the memory and while the young pretender, Michele Riondino (slim, handsome, hirsute), looks nothing like stocky, bald Luca Zingaretti, crucially, he embodies the charisma, slyness and integrity of the older Montalbano.

It starts with two of the Sicilian detective’s cases in the early 1990s, and follows his promotion and transfer from a dreary mountain backwater to his boyhood home, Vigata. As he revels in the sea air and seafood, the familiar settings should reassure fans of the original series, and over six episodes we see the roots of his relationships with Catarella, Livia, Mimi and Fazio (all new cast)."

I'm looking forward to it - mind you, I like Luca Zingaretti and all the cast in 'Montalbano' too.  sunny

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:16

Television Series and all that 'Jazz'  - Page 4 250px-Ripper_Street_cast_photo

Has anyone been watching the excellent Ripper Street?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripper_Street

What an ending last night ...
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Aug 24 2015, 18:56

They've been repeating The Sweeney - again - and I've been recording it and watching it - again. There was some gritty class in those old series by Thames TV, Granada et al.

Likewise some old Dalziel And Pascoe and endless reruns of various CSIs, oh and Star Trek Enterprise.

"Modern" programmes I tend to wait on other people's opinions then watch them on the reruns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 22:06